Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
RaySD Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks Sandi

I also told her via text "your behavior last night at X was extremely disrespectful to me and I will not tolerate being disrespected"

She replied "Sorry you feel that way"

I responded "Thats what people say when they want to move past whatever they did without taking responsibility for it"

No response from her...going dark today as she is staying with a friend

R
RaySD Offline OP
OP Offline
R
So last night I texted WW

"Your behavior last night at was extremely disrespectful to me and I will not tolerate being disrespected"

WW responds "Sorry you feel that way"

I then replied "Thats what people say when they want to move past whatever they did without taking responsibility for it"

Not surprisingly she hasn't responded. I've been dark all day with WW.

D16 did say WW called last night to apologize for her behavior outside the bar...I'm not holding my breath for an apology!

C
C
Originally Posted By: RaySD
WW responds "Sorry you feel that way"

Sounds like she read DB on validation.

Me-70, D37,S36
R
RaySD Offline OP
OP Offline
R
So was it a good thing when she said "Sorry you feel that way"? Was she validating what I said or agreeing with it?

S
S
I think she will show some type of disrespect toward you, again. It may come in a different form, but it will happen b/c it's the nature of a WW.

You have told her you will not tolerate disrespect. Be sure you read the thread about the subject of boundaries.......what it means and how it works. You will need to have some type of action based response to her show of disrespect. That means you can't depend on words. Words don't work. Only you can do the action. Your action is to protect your feelings, and to be a consequences for her disrespect.

Your action is never to be an act of physical or verbal aggression. Your temptation will be to explain why you are doing whatever you do.........however, if you start, it kills the effect and opens the door for argument. Enforcing a boundary is not a time to argue.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
C
C
Originally Posted By: sandi2
Words don't work.
Only you can do the action.
Your action is to protect your feelings, and to be a consequences for her disrespect.

Golden advice!

Me-70, D37,S36
R
RaySD Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Text exchange with WW today:

WW: Your dad is really annoying me with his FB posts I'm sure they are all directed at me
Me: Ok...The most recent posts?
WW: There have been 3
He's playing passive aggressive like you...and it is not making me feel any better
I think I will always gravitate to who is nice to me...and away from those who are not
Me: I understand...Which 3? I can tell you're really upset
WW: Actually there are more I will send them to you...I'll do it later....have to work
Maybe I'll just delete him
Me: I see this is important to you and I value what you have to say
WW: Anyone who is negative in my life is not allowed in my life
Me: I'd like to know or see what posts and what bothers you the most about them smile
WW: I'll send them to later

I was trying out the validation thing...

R
RaySD Offline OP
OP Offline
R
So here is the response:

WW: Forget I said anything...I didn't realize how much junk he posts...

R
RaySD Offline OP
OP Offline
R
WW said today that she is irritated with my "all of a sudden self awareness...doing everything you didn't do before...to better yourself (jogging, eating better, dressing better, Cologne, church, etc)"

S
S
Quote:
I was trying out the validation thing...

You continued to press her to send the messages. That is not validation, IMO. It sounds like you were more curious to see what was written.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard