Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Cherry #2692091 07/22/16 09:40 PM
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Ginger and Cherry, you wouldn't believe it. I couldn't get any parking for half an hour. In the end, I went home and indulged in my own little pity party with some chocs. Hmmmm. Should have got some wine too.

I am trying to go for a makeup class during the weekends.

The trial lesson was really fun though. And it's really quite doable. I am not athletic by any means but I got onto the pole and twirled. As did most of the ladies in the class.

Very fun and very liberating....

Hmmmm..perhaps I should start dropping my poledancing classes not very subtly in my convos with available guys. But how would I know if they're interested in me or my pole twirling process?

Snort and chuckle!

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
JksD #2692092 07/22/16 09:41 PM
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Prowess not process

JksD #2692100 07/22/16 11:57 PM
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Curiouser and curiouser. I swear my contractor was trying to ask me out for lunch but I was in a hurry to go for my makeup poledancing and so didn't get the hint at all.

I am rather wary about dating my contractor until after the reno is completed. Because things are going to get awkward if we don't work out.

I am flattered yet at the same time, I feel rather unsettled. I don't know why I have this hesitation with this guy that I dont have with other guys.

He knows that I am D and he has seen kid because I took her along for our purely biz discussions. He was nice to kid. I guess I am feeling wary as I found out more than what I had bargained for when I googled him for his work.

JksD #2692103 07/23/16 02:05 AM
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Ok. It's official. I have fallen in love with poledancing. What took me so long to take this up?

And yes, I am starting to have the bruises to show for it

JksD #2692411 07/25/16 06:48 AM
S
S
Originally Posted By: JksD
Ok. It's official. I have fallen in love with poledancing. What took me so long to take this up?

And yes, I am starting to have the bruises to show for it
There's a poledance place near me and I've been considering doing this, too. Maybe I'll look up the schedule later and sign up for something while my kids are gone.

And I wouldn't tell a prospective date I could pole dance, I'd just save that for a little surprise for the guy who deserved it. wink

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
SunnyB #2692617 07/26/16 03:13 AM
C
C
I'm so glad you've found a new class that you love- that's great! Very inspiring.

Maybe wait until after the work is done, if you feel ready and are interested, I don't see anything wrong with going out with him. It'll give you a little boost. I told you you've still got it!

Me 26 H 25
M 4
T 5
Baby born 4/14
BD: 1/15
EA: 2/15
PA: 4/15
reconciling: 4/15
ILYBINILWY- 11/15
ILY-1/16
ILYBNILWY 4/16
ILY 6/16
ILYBINILWY 6/16
Baby due 3/17
BD 8/16
SunnyB #2692620 07/26/16 04:18 AM
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Sunny, do join a poledancing class! It's really great fun.

Yup, I probably should just save the little bit of info for that special someone. Don't want the guys to get too distracted.

Cherry #2692622 07/26/16 04:23 AM
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Cherry, well, my poor contractor would probably have to wait for at least another 2 months then! wink

While I am looking for a long-term commitment for my next R, I do realise that I may probably have to date a bit before I can settle down. It's a numbers game after all.

So I should just look at it as a process of sieving out suitable guys and of knowing how to put in place my boundaries and of refining my expectations.

JksD #2692635 07/26/16 06:32 AM
S
S
Sunny, do join a poledancing class! It's really great fun.
I actually looked at the class schedule and couldn't find the pre-beginner class. LOL I emailed them and asked what to do, haven't heard back from them yet.

While I am looking for a long-term commitment for my next R, I do realise that I may probably have to date a bit before I can settle down. It's a numbers game after all.

So I should just look at it as a process of sieving out suitable guys and of knowing how to put in place my boundaries and of refining my expectations.
Grl, I actually think this is important. As much as we'd like to settle into something comfortable right away, the process of thinking through expectations and boundaries and deal-breakers is valuable. I dated the second guy I went out with a month and that was comfortable. But he wasn't what I really wanted. So I broke up with him, and that was really powerful. I could be honest with someone that they weren't right for me with no hard feelings, and I could be honest with myself about what I really wanted and was willing to wait for. Since then, I've dumped guys and they've dumped me. And then there's MyNica, which is an entirely different story all together. If I had settled in with Guy2, I'd have missed so many lessons and revelations about myself. The journey is worth it.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
SunnyB #2692861 07/27/16 06:28 AM
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Sunny, I totally agree with you. This time, it's sort of like I have been there and done that, and I am in no hurry to make the same mistakes again.

Eyes wide open and then some.

News flash:

For some unknown reason, now that I have decided not to be so pissed with the x, he has got it into his head that it means it's his turn to be pissed with me.

And I haven't the slightest idea why. Is it the smiley faces that I put in my replies so that I dont sound so curt? Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Then again, because I am passive aggressive like that, I will continue with my smiley faces. If I cant ice pick his car, the least I could do is to irritate him with inane things like smiley faces in text messages?

Yet, I thought I saw him flinch when I told kid I couldn't have her Friday evening as I had something on. And he only unflinched when kid asked me why and I told her that I had lessons.

On hindsight, I should have a) continue letting him flinch by being vague, or b) let him flinch and then drop his jaw by mentioning my poledancing classes. Grl, grl. No more heart on sleeve.

Onwards and upwards. Life continues.

End of newsflash.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard