Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#2692181 07/23/16 05:42 PM
R
RSG Offline OP
OP Offline
R
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2688568&page=11

Well, potential crisis averted lol.
My folks asked how S was today, so I copied and pasted pic W sent me today along w/a caption about where they were.

Except I sent it back to W. "She sent this to me. I'm certain it's the (restaurant) in Kennesaw." WW took S to The Varsity, and if you know Atlanta it is one of our few old landmarks. Instead, she took him to a small offshoot that is near us. WW seemed miffed and said they went to the one here because her Mom didn't feel well and wasn't up for a long trip downtown.

My folks and I have been going to the one downtown for ages. I've been for about 30 yrs, them for 50. We KNOW it, so I just noted this didn't look like anything I knew. I apologized to W, and told her this after she seemed to think I was being accusatory. 20 minutes later she texts to ask if I saw she had put more stuffing in his teddy bear (little guy loves this thing, and the bear is falling apart he needs surgery badly ha), and I say yes.

A blunder, but a small blunder that I don't believe did any sort of damage. Just gotta be careful lol, what if I HAD meant to say something accusatory to my folks! During the day she text me the 1 picture and I didn't respond. We talked for about 5 minutes total today (in person), and she mentioned she's going to church and brunch tomorrow.

I'm still 50/50 on whether her folks are actually here, I just have a hard time believing much. The important part though is that she said S had a great day, he came home happy and he went straight to sleep at bedtime. smile

Little guy and I are going to the store tomorrow, and probably doing some pool time once he wakes up from nap.

Me: 35 W: 32
S: 4
T: 6 M: 4
Physical Separation official: 5/21
Currently: DR/DBing, Focusing on me and son

Cheating on a good person is like throwing away a diamond and picking up a rock.
M
M
I would think you could have just asked S if he saw grandma and grandpa?

R
RSG Offline OP
OP Offline
R
No, he's got a bit of a speech delay. He did say he had fun with mommy, but he's just not able to use that kind of communication yet. It's one of the things we've been doing therapy for. He probably has the vocabulary of a 2.5yr old instead of 4....

Cheating on a good person is like throwing away a diamond and picking up a rock.
L
L
Don't dwell on the part around her parents being here RSG. Put all your focus into S tomorrow and you two have a great time!

Me39
M11 : T13
D9
BD 5/31/16
In House S until 6/21/17
Divorced 10/5/18
R
RSG Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Nah, didn't dwell on her folks being here it was just feeling lied to and used. Whenever something sounds funky, or doesn't add up, I have a hard time trusting and it just bothers me.

As for today, we've had a great day! I probably let him have the ipad a little longer than I should have, but we've had a great day none the less. He did great at the store this morning, went down for nap fairly quickly, went to the pool and listened very well. (Incidentally, I had him put on his float initially. After about 45mins he asked to take it off, and I let him go back in. Kid is literally teaching himself how to swim!)

W asked how he was around 12:30, and I ignored until 5:30 when she asked about next week schedule for him. She advocated the same thing I was thinking about remarkably. Apparently she's house sitting this week, or part of the week. Didn't ask any details of course.

Going to watch some HBO tonight. Great miniseries going, and the new Danny McBride show are a great way to end the weekend!

R
RSG Offline OP
OP Offline
R
So, I'm having a love/hate thing with going dim. W texted once about us + confirmed our schedule for this week, so I felt like she was fine w/o us and I wondered about that a couple times.

Today, just as I clock in I get a text right at 8AM "how was dropoff." Annoyed me, and I haven't answered it. LOL bipolar much am I? I've told her to check the cameras, that I'd update her at the end of the day, and she must know he's doing well with Daddy regardless. I feel like it's just an excuse to try to have a chat with me, and sometimes that I'm her go to when she's bored.

I feel like I'm kind of stuck in this place, and don't know when/if things will change. I'm loving the time with my boy, I feel like I can do the single Dad thing and I can live life and be happy w/o her. That said, it's tough not knowing what's going on AND knowing that if I ask any questions I probably go back about 50 steps! I used the frightened deer analogy before, but squirrel might be better. I can take a baby step per day, but if I step on a branch (ie ask about her) she gets frightened and scurries off into the distance!

Just gotta keep on keepin on. I hate being patient, but that's the only chance I have. Do me, my boy and WAIT.

L
L
You're doing great RSG. I think the rule of updating her at the end of the day is the way to go, especially when you and S are hanging out. Stealing that one for when D and I are out and about together.

Keep building up that confidence. I can tell from reading your posts that you've built a ton of it as you've done better and better in single dad mode. Your W has to be seeing that confidence, which is a good thing. Regardless, keep up the focus on you and your S because you're on a great path there!

Me39
M11 : T13
D9
BD 5/31/16
In House S until 6/21/17
Divorced 10/5/18
M
M
Don't worry about S3 speaking. My son, now 18, didn't talk much early either. At 5 we couldn't shut him up. They all cycle different as they grow. Some just like to take it all in, others want to share what they learn.

Me:49 W:45
M:19 T:22
EA confirmed and ended 8/2014
S:19,17 D:9,5
S
S
Quote:
I feel like it's just an excuse to try to have a chat with me, and sometimes that I'm her go to when she's bored.

Not only is it an excuse for her, but it is controlling behavior.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
R
RSG Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: mvgfwd2
Don't worry about S3 speaking. My son, now 18, didn't talk much early either. At 5 we couldn't shut him up. They all cycle different as they grow. Some just like to take it all in, others want to share what they learn.

Neither W nor I are TOO worried about it. He's def progressing well, he's just a little behind his peers. We've been getting him therapy and he's doing well, so are hopeful he'll catch up soon! Thanks for the encouragement!!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard