Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
R
R
So sorry to hear that you had a cry. I understand how you feel about the completion of the house and the closing of the joint account. It does feel like the end for good. You are a strong woman and as you said we don't know what the future holds.
Please listen to your body when it tells you to stop! When I'm really tired I easily cry and start to think negatively. At times you need time to rest.

job Offline
Sotto,

I am so sorry that you had a difficult time w/the sale of the marital home. It does make a person stop and think that this is one of the final "steps" that needs to be taken care of to move on. The divorce itself, was just a piece of paper, and yes, we know it can mean different things for people, but it's the selling of the marital home that really brings it all into perspective for many. I'm so sorry this news hit you hard. Cry as much as you need to and then try to look forward to moving into your new place. You will make many new memories in your new place and your friends and family will be there to help you make those memories. You may even get that pup you were thinking about in the spring.

I'm sending you positive thoughts today. I do hope you'll be feeling better soon.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2690881 07/16/16 08:08 AM
R
R
Hi Sotto. A tough time and a reality check. We can deal with our loss and move forward but something like selling the family home is a bit to much reality and difficult to cope with. Moving can be very stressful and with the emtional ties on top of that no wonder it's bringing you down.

IMHO , this is one of those times you need to focus on what you have Irather than what you haven't and you are doing that I know

I think your aware of the admiration and caring we all have for you and I know I'm speaking for me than just myself here

For me you've being a shining light on how to act / cope through all this and while I know it isn't easy for you , you still do it

I admire your strength and character, you always have wise and caring words for everyone and show great compassion. XH is a fool , he's lost a great lady and he won't find someone like you again. His loss will be NG or some other very lucky guys gain and I'm jealous and glad for you at the same time. You deserved better than who XH is now and you will find much better and someone you appreciates how fantastic you are

Take your time with all that's happening , you have real life and internet friends who I'm sure are always there to listen and help in any way they can

A whole week with mum and dad sounds lovely too

Take care. Rd. Huge hug and xx

S
Sotto Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Aww, thanks so much guys - I did have a mini meltdown there. Today I had a quiet day with some extreme self-care - eating well, reading self help books, meditating, watching TED talks, and I feel a lot calmer.

A friend popped round for a coffee this evening and brought me some lovely flowers, which was nice. I think things may be a bit tough for a few weeks with sale and moving activities going on, so I'm upping the self-care and will dial down the GAL a little - make sure I don't get over-tired.

Thanks for kindly looking in on me Rouky, Job and RD - I so appreciate it xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
J
J
Hi Sotto, hope you're feeling better. My impending move is stressing kid and me out too - I suspect it's more for sentimental than practical reasons.

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
JksD #2691272 07/18/16 10:48 PM
P
P
Hi sweet Sotto. Just checking in on you. Hope you are feeling better. You've been facing big changes that carry a lot of emotional weight. As always, you handle yourself really well and I'm glad to hear that you've been taking extra care of yourself.

Me- 30's H- 40's
T-10 M-5
I moved out b/c he wanted space- June 15
D filed by H: September 16
S
Sotto Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Jksd, thanks for stopping by - and yes I think the emotional aspect does add to the stress - compared to a 'normal' move - but we shall both get through it I'm sure.

Feyth, thanks for the vote of confidence - you are kind (and brave I think from reading your sitch!)

Well, we exchanged contracts on the MH today and the sale completes on Friday. Cleaners are going in tomorrow and there will be a check by our trusted house/pet visitor late tomorrow. I've booked Thursday off in case of any last minute problems, but I don't expect to have to travel up there.

The new tenant for the flat pulled out and so I'm able to stay until the house purchase completes - really pleased about that...so it looks like I'll be buying and moving in early August now. I'm still a little under the weather with a sore throat that hasn't really developed - but it is my warning sign to rest and I'm grateful to it for telling me.

NG and me continue to be in touch a little - nothing major. We were at an event together this week and chatted about various things - it was nice. One thing I like about him is he is 3 years out from S and hasn't jumped into a new R yet....and he's an attractive, personable & intelligent guy. I like that. I don't think I would really consider someone who 'jumped ship' or jumped straight into a new R etc. I feel they would be in a different place emotionally to me now - as XH is I suppose.

Anyway - moving closer to being settled and sorted...will keep you posted my friends xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
J
J
NG sounds good! I do hope something works out for the both of you.

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
B
B
HI dearest Sotto. Sweetie, this all makes perfect sense, doesn't it? And there's also one aspect you haven't mentioned, which is grieving the dream: the life long commitment dream. You know?

Just remember to breathe honey and if there's something you need to say to XH, write it down so you can get it out!

I need to jet to bring pup to the vet, but will check in later xoxoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
D
D
Sotto...I'm finally slowing down to check in and I have to say, reading your posts, I find the kinship among the people on this site amazing. Isn't it funny that people who don't know each other in the "real world" can come together and commiserate so intelligently about others issues and offer such great advice and support.

I really just wanted to say that you HAVE come a long way in 2 years. Isn't it amazing how we can go from our lowest and climb back to the highest of highs.

You definitely are an inspiration lady! smile

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard