Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
JksD #2689878 07/08/16 06:19 PM
J
J
Lol.. Yup we sacrifice so much for our kids.

I have same thoughts that you do..but you know what? I have met a decent amount of single moms that raised young kids and there is something about them that I really admire (I'm sorry I can't think of a better word). I can usually tell who they are without them telling me.

They are tough, more down to earth, soulful and emotionally mature. I'm not that upset to join them. I'm a lot more relaxed now then I was when I was with husband. I'm definatly the cool mom that doesn't stress the small stuff.

Maybe with the right guy it will be possible to balance a relationship and remaining a great mom? Its does happen you know.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
JujuB #2689975 07/09/16 03:49 PM
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Jjb,

I know what you mean about sweating the small stuff. I do still sweat the small stuff, just not as much.

It's like after all this cr@p that we've gone through, everything just seems small stuff. I wanted to say what else could go wrong but I have learnt never to ask questions if you don't want to know the answers. Because the universe has a way of answering your questions, even the rhetorical ones.

((Jjb))

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
JksD #2690727 07/15/16 04:26 AM
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
No big updates.

I have finally overcome that nasty bug, after a week of antibiotics and flu medicine. But lo and behold, I have somehow managed to pull my back muscles while sleeping in my usual foetal position.

Unlucky much? Or am I like really really not supposed to start on my pole dancing? What is the universe or God trying to tell me? Sigh.

I am just hoping that the strain will go away by Sunday because that's when I am supposed to start my pop dance class. Next up, burlesque classes. I love Dita Von teese. wink

On another note, I had the loveliest interactions with this autistic boy I come into contact with rather frequently.

Those of you who have encountered such kids would know that they have issues with eye contact and the acknowledgement of others.

One day, my little Rainman looked at me and said, 'Ms Dory has long hair.'

I replied and said, 'No, Ms Dory has short hair.'

My little Rainman then giggled and repeated, 'Ms Dory has long hair.'

I repeated myself too and little Rainman giggled again. Then it dawned on me that not only had he acknowledged my existence anf noticed my appearance, my little Rainman was actually making a joke and teasing me!

Mind blown.

And I love how little Rainman would rush to hold my hand and allow me to lead him. It melts me into puddles whenever little kids want to hold my hands. To me, it is the mark of the greatest trust for kids to want to hold my hand.

One of my greatest regrets of my M and of my D status is the fact that I will never have the multiple kids that I want.

But it is what it is. I have kid and I have my little Rainman. And I feel blessed enough.

JksD #2690736 07/15/16 05:24 AM
G
G
I'm glad your cold is better, but no good on the back! You WILL take that pole dancing class! And the Burlesque class! (really sounds like fun).

That interaction made me smile big. You make a big difference in his life, like he made a big difference in yours. I understand the mourning of not having more than one kid. I don't even have nieces or nephews as I am unmarried and am an only child. My exSIL has a 1 year old and a 3 year old, but OW is the aunt to her kids (they came after my D). I have one cousin who has one child. But I "adopt" my friends kids, and love to borrow them! I grew a true love for exNG's D7. We bonded immediately.

I can see you very easily growing love for a new guys kids one day.

And one day, we get grandkids! I hear they are great! (although I tell my D not to rush that one!)

Ginger1 #2690756 07/15/16 07:23 AM
C
C
Oooh wee mama! Burlesque classes, pole dancing?! What have I missed here?! Great to hear you're getting stuck into new classes and gal-ing.

I see your worries about ending up single for the rest of time. I think we all have this worry, especially as moms- we worry about our babies and who we bring into their lives.

I'm sure though, when the time is right, a new right man will stroll into your life. You're a catch!

Me 26 H 25
M 4
T 5
Baby born 4/14
BD: 1/15
EA: 2/15
PA: 4/15
reconciling: 4/15
ILYBINILWY- 11/15
ILY-1/16
ILYBNILWY 4/16
ILY 6/16
ILYBINILWY 6/16
Baby due 3/17
BD 8/16
Ginger1 #2690863 07/16/16 12:28 AM
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I get to borrow kids too as my gfs have lots of them. 10 kids below the age of 10 between the 5 of us. Going on trips with them is an rambunctious experience to say the least!

Lol, Ginger. I have heard that we get grandkids too. Kid promised me that she will find a guy who will love me too and that I get first dibs too. smile

Told kid that I appreciate the thought but there's no rush in that.

Cherry #2690864 07/16/16 12:34 AM
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Cherry!

I hope that a new guys comes along. I looked outside the door this morning but nope, no one there.

At my age and in my sitch, I have to really get my butt moving if I am to ever have male company. Dearth of single and available guys where I work.

But there are so many things I am juggling and I am feeling kind of weary, so we'll see how it goes.

There was a guy who was interested in the midst of my D but I just couldn't treat him as anything more than a friend while I was M. Even after I was D, I was still hoping for R and just couldn't commit. This guy though, seems to have rather unrealistic expectations of the amount of contact I would have with the x. He was rather upset that I was still in contact with x but hello, I have a kid with x??? Not possible to have no contact at all???

So that's that.

JksD #2691055 07/18/16 04:25 AM
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
"Used To Love You"

Never thought this would happen
Gonna let it sink in, you're gone
I don't know, know what I'm feeling
I must be dreaming, you're gone

Suitcase, band-aids
Pulling back out the driveway
You go, I'll stay
You can keep all the memories
I thought I was the best thing that ever happened to you
I thought you loved me the most

I don't know why I cry
But I think it's cause I remembered for the first time
Since I hated you
That I used to love you
I don't know why I cry
Since I hated you
That I used to love you

Oh oh oh oh
I used to love you
Oh oh oh oh
I used to love you

You thought
There were no boundaries
What, you just pushed me too far
I guess nobody taught you
Nobody taught you how to love

Suitcase, band-aids
Pulling back out the driveway
You go, I'll stay
You can keep all the memories
I thought I was the best thing that ever happened to you
I thought you loved me the most

I don't know why I cry
Since I hated you
That I used to love you
I don't know why I cry
Since I hated you
That I used to love you

Oh oh oh oh
I used to love you
Oh oh oh oh
I used to love you

You know I was the best thing that ever happened to you
Well, now look at what you lost, oh
You know I was the best thing that ever happened to you
Now look at what you lost, oh

I don't know why I cry
Since I hated you
That I used to love you
I don't know why I cry
Since I hated you
That I used to love you

Oh oh oh oh
I used to love you
Oh oh oh oh
I used to love you

I don't know why I cry
I don't, I don't, I don't
I don't know why I used to love you
I don't know why I cry
I don't know why I used to love you

JksD #2691057 07/18/16 04:30 AM
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
And this was the kind of song that I would text/ email to the x as a kinda of a playlist of my life. Pre-DB and when I was still feeling desperate and clingy.

I am no longer feeling desperate or clingy, but I still get a lump in the throat whenever I hear this on the radio.

Okay, now, where's my Blake Shelton?

JksD #2691060 07/18/16 04:33 AM
C
C
That comment about contact with the ex reminds me of something a guy mate said to me. He said it would never bother him getting in a r with a woman who has kids. But what would bother him is the ex that comes along who is always in your life.

I think you are doing good in finding yourself, getting to know yourself and working out who you wanna be. He will be there,when you least expect it

Me 26 H 25
M 4
T 5
Baby born 4/14
BD: 1/15
EA: 2/15
PA: 4/15
reconciling: 4/15
ILYBINILWY- 11/15
ILY-1/16
ILYBNILWY 4/16
ILY 6/16