Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
L
L
Hi Claire, are you in a better place?

I hope so. Life is so full of good things. Don't let others steal your power or your happiness.

Bug

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Bug! I'm not Claire, I'm rppfl. And I'm so happy to hear from you, I've missed you and wondered how you are doing. I'm doing well, my D was final in March, my kids are thriving, and I'm happy. You played such a big role in showing me things were going to be ok, I'll always be grateful to you. How are things in your life?

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
OK, my friends, I've kind of been avoiding this, but time for an update. In the on-again, off-again saga of MyNica, it's permanently off. But we are attempting the "let's remain friends" route, because neither of us is strong enough to withstand NC. So, we text regularly, we keep it light and friendly, and that's that. We both know it might get awkward when we start to date others, but are willing to try this and see how the journey develops. I'm sad, yes, but I'm not the awful crying mess I was the first time we broke up.

Other than that, life is good. My older kids have been away on vacay with their dad, they all return today. D18 moves up to college over the weekend to start her summer session. It will be very different not having her around the house, she never spend the night with mr p, she was always at home. So now there will be times when I"m completely alone in the house, when D13 is at mr p's. Not sure what I'll do with myself......

Sunny,

Gosh, I totally understand about the emptying nest. It's weird, for sure. I just got my D22 moved to Massachusetts last week. Seeing her empty bedroom is still unsettling. I'd really be inclined to sniffle around, but she was the one who oddly had the surprising melt down and I've had to be strong and positive for her.

And I know you know this already, but once they go to college, the dynamic changes anyway. I think it's as good for us as it is for them. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to spend my time too... the possibilities are exciting, and all I need to do is jump in the pool. There was a time in my life where I jumped in pools all the time. It's weird to look at myself and wonder where that adventurous soul really went? Maybe there's a component of self preservation that we really get after we become parents? I honestly don't know. It's not like I'm afraid, but there's hesitation for sure.

Maybe this is a great time to amp up the self care? I find that I have become lax in that department, and I can tell when I'm needing to get back to center.

Anyway, I wish you well and an awesome weekend!

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
R
R
Hi Sunny. Sorry to hear about Mr Nica, I'm sure you are doing what's best for you and the future is never certain so staying friends might be good in the long run and certainly can't do any harm.

Must be tough to have the kids heading off to college but they need to get a good education and in turn good jobs to look after their mother in the twilight years smile

Take care. Rd

S
S
Hi Sunny, thanks for dropping in to say Hi on my thread smile

Sorry to hear that things are off with Mr Nica. That, plus changes at home can't be easy - and the combination of both probably means that some GAL is a good idea. I hope you have some nice summer plans coming up, or can get busy making some if not. The company of family and friends and new activities always helps I find.

Hope you're having a good weekend & do take care.

Xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
J
J
Hi Sunny,
Sorry to hear about you and Mr Nica. Who knows maybe after dating other people, Mr N8ca may decide that Sunny is the still the one for him?

I never cease to be amazed at how gracious you are in your R.

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Betsey, always good to hear from you. My self-care in terms of exercise could use an upgrade, I've definitely slacked off since I started this job back in November. This is probably a great time to figure that out and take it back up a notch.

Thanks, RD, I'm planning on that third kid taking care of me in my old age. Exactly why I had her. wink

Sotto, I'm still pretty solid in the GAL department, I have a really great group of friends. Last night I went to a concert with a girlfriend, and there's a group of people trying to talk me into going to SuperCon next weekend. Not sure I'm up for that. LOL

Hi Grl, thanks for stopping by. I don't see anything changing about MyNica's situation in the next few years, but you never know. Miracles occur sometimes. I'll hope for one but not hold my breath. And thank you for calling me gracious, I don't know that's true, but I do attempt it. smile

I continue to exchange texts with MyNica almost daily, and we've talked on the phone once. But I'm also learning to find other sources of emotional support, leaning on other friends when I feel like texting him. I went out with a new guy the other day, and a guy (friend of a friend) that I've known since December has suddenly started texting me out of the blue. So there's that. I'm in no hurry to get into a relationship again, these opportunities are just presenting themselves and I"m willing to look at them.

S
S
Hi Sunny thanks so much for checking in on me on my thread, it's so kind of you and I really appreciate it.

Empty nest syndrome I can totally relate to. While it's great the kids are spending time with their Dad it sometimes feels a bit silly - can we not just all have dinner together once in a while?

Have any of your kids met the duck? There's only one family member not met my H's OW. The thing I don't like was when she was in the car when the kids got dropped off. I feel it's an invasion of my privacy. These are my kids, my house, my husband for goodness sake (for now) go and find your own life! I don't like that she's part of their lives but haven't asked any questions about her.

I'm sorry things are a bit rocky with your Nica, hope you can remain friends and then who knows what might happen.

Xx

Me - 44 Husband - 47
D20, S18
BD - Aug 2013
Moved out - Jan 2014
OW discovered Jan 2014
M
M
Dropping in to say hey... thinking of you!

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard