Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
job Offline
Do not put all American women in that basket of apples. Not all are having crisis issues and treating their spouses badly or not being pleased w/what they have. There are many good American women, just as there are good women all over the world. Unfortunately you married someone who has some really deep childhood issues that need to be addressed at this time. Leave her to that. Live your life to the fullest, enjoy your children and take care of YOU.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
C
Cld Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hi Job,
I wish I could agree with you, but there are so many divorced people here. They say that 50% of marriages end in divorces. What about the total number of relationships, married and unmarried? I think the number is probably 90%.

K
Kyh Offline
K
Hi Claudio, Try not to let your situation skew your view, you happened to get a MLCer like the rest of us. Try to stay strong. Just look how many strong great women are on this forum. Fwiw, I was listening to a podcast about divorce and Italy isn't too far behind the US in divorce.

I was reading through your posts and wondering if you found the LBS stages yet, I find myself going through them just like w is going through MLC stages. Reading your posts it also appears you w may have taken your kids away(?), if so you should retain an attorney asap.

job Offline
Claudio,

As a new member, you may not be aware of all of the rules, etc. on this Board. One of the rules is that we aren't allowed to post our personal contact info here. I just noticed this morning that you have personal contact info in your signature line that appears when you post. Please remove your contact info as soon as possible, as I do not want to see you placed on moderation for this. In the past, when posters do not remove personal contact info or try to get around the system by dropping hints, they are put on moderation for a while, i.e., which means they can't post.

I have also deleted two of your postings requesting that members contact you via skype, i.e., per the above paragraph.

Last edited by job; 06/25/16 03:19 AM.
C
Cld Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Ok job,
No problem.
Sorry about that.

job Offline
Thank you!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Z
Z
hi Claudio, how was your weekend?

M - 40's
W - 30's
Two Sons
Living together
Z
Z
and I do agree with job, that there are so many women who are capable of a fulfilling R.

the unhappiness bug is not only carried by females, i know a ton of men who will never be happy no matter what his wife did. I once said to him, while he was complaining that all his wife was making for him for dinner was tacos...that he would bitch about a bj. he argued for like 7 seconds until I reminded him that his wife, after taking care of the kids, working group a full day, going ro the store was and was only making him a hot / delicious taco meal, wasn't good enough.

he got my point. tho he never changed, and she eventually left him.

it is up to the person. period. you can't change them. you can only live appreciatively and gratefully yourself and hope they catch on.

M - 40's
W - 30's
Two Sons
Living together
Z
Z
hi Claudio, hope your weekend going well.

what do you have planned for the holiday?

M - 40's
W - 30's
Two Sons
Living together
C
Cld Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Today it’s my daughter’s birthday, she is turning 7, and this is the first time that I am not going to celebrate with her. It’s kind of a sad day and I am sure that she is missing me too. My wife did not invite me to her party, there is still the restriction order that is preventing us to communicate.
Anyway, last week I gave my wife a present for our daughter so I am sure that she opened it today, and I hope that she liked it, it is a rubik cube.
I also made a cake yesterday that I have in the freezer and I am going to celebrate my daughter’s birthday one day late tomorrow with her under supervised visitation, hopefully with my 3 year old son as well. On Thursday I am going to my wife’s lawyer to talk about assets and hopefully she will be friendly and cooperating trying to find a good solution. She invited me to her office which is usually a good sign, but I know that she plays a lot of tricks on me and I have to be really carefully about what she says and does.
Since the beginning of the divorce I have tried to de-escalate the situation, trying to remove the tension and I also made some concessions to my wife in order to do that. The no contact is helping as well I think after 6 months and I really wonder how this is going to go on Thursday.
I still believe that it’s going to take years before my wife comes back to her senses, but if we can at least have a win win divorce, that would be huge for all of us. Only time will tell and I am ready to call my lawyer into action if my wife’s lawyer gets nasty. Hopefully I don’t have to do that, I like to work out problems out of court.

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard