Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
S
SH_ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Yes Phoebe you are right. I need to keep this thread alive.
I have an app on my phone to remind me to jot down 3 things I am grateful for, so I am doing it, but folks here need to do it. It is a key action for happiness and healing.

Today I am extremely grateful for the weekend I am having with my daughters. It has been awesome. I have never felt such joy and peace as I do hanging out with them. They have been happy and fun and just awesome.

I am thankful for my brother. He lives very far away, but checks in on me daily. Provides encouragement and support. He has been a rock for me.

I am thankful for the support of so many in this community. Phoebe who has been there from the beginning. She drops a good 2x4 when it is needed, then she shares a genuine caring support always. And she is so playful and fun in sharing different things about herself in spite of the challenges she faces now.
Vanilla, has also been there for me since the beginning. Her wisdom is unmatched for me as she has guided me through many of the stages that LBS go through. She has been a light in the fog for me.
There is CWOL, 1gr8dad, jimkao, bigybiz all facing their own journeys yet drop words of encouragement and thoughts to help get me through.
And SadSara, who has been here a short time, but has a tremendous challenge that she has taken on like a BOSS! She shares spunk and the white anger for me in those situations that my WAW is behaving poorly towards my d17.
There are many others that I am grateful for as the support has been life saving for me.
Thank you for your support and wisdom in my journey through this challenge for my family.

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

It's time for me to start changin' the way I look at the world......and at myself. ~James Howlett aka Wolverine
P
P
Hey SparrowHawk! Today:

- I am grateful that I still can laugh. Saturday when I was on the phone with my therapist and having one of my hyperventilating/sobbing things, I told him about something that happened,, and I just started laughing through the tears.

-I am grateful for books. Books have always been a big part of my life and I have found so much solace in their pages. Right now that solace comes from fiction and being able to escape reality, if only for a little while.

- I am grateful that the world is full of people that I don't know yet. There is unlimited potential for friendship out there.

H: 44, Me: 45
Married: 20 y Together: 25 y
no kids
Walk away: 12/15
Asked for temp separation 12/25/15
PA confirmed 3/16 (apparently neither the first, nor the last PA he has had)
H filed for D 5/16
C
C
I really like this you two, I had a friend tell me the same thing.

Today I am grateful for an able body to ride my mountain bike. also grateful for the mountains and trails to ride it on.

I am greatfull for the people that God has connected me with during this time of crisis.

I am grateful for my ability to cook good food and make others smile when they eat it.

M 21 years
XW 43yo, me 41 yo
S13
BD March 2016 - she asked me to patient...
End of June - I started the D process.
D final 2/23/17
"He who forgets will be destined to remember"
Eddie Vedder
P
P
Love the bit about the mountains, coffee! I miss them.

-I am grateful for the incredibly talented musicians I heard this evening. They were amazing.

-I am grateful for the beautiful scent of lilacs on a cool evening breeze.

-I am grateful for the presence of so many incredible wild creatures on my farm, like the 'barking' gray fox I heard and then saw tonight just after midnight. It was beautiful .

no kids
H filed for D 5/16
S
SH_ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
All right DB community.
Here is the challenge!

Let's get this thread to 100, by everyone that reads this to share at least 3 things they are thankful for.
This is a practice that many successful persons do. Morning and night.
It is refreshing to the mind, it puts out good energy to the universe, and it helps us remember the small things that can bring joy in the midst of the chaos that may surround us.

So what say you?

Will you take the challenge and share what you are grateful for this day?

I am grateful for the blessing of health that my mother has received this week. She has had several surgeries and treatments for cervical and breast cancer. She has endured the challenge and as of this day is in good spirits and recovering as hop d for by her doctors.

I am grateful for friendship. Friendship with many persons that have come up and helped me in my time of need these past months as my world has been turned upside down. People I knew and people that I am just getting to know. All supportive in the way that they can be, all have lifted my spirits in their own unique way. The folks on these forums that I call friends. Many I will only know by a screen name. Others I hope to cross paths with some day so I can shake their hand or hug them and thank them for real advice and the genuine concern they shared with me.

I am grateful for my daughters. I say it over and over in my posts, but they are angels sent to me by God and they are what drives me forward each day. I take strength from their smiles and their unconditional love for me. I strive to be worthy to be called their father each day and pray that I have the strength, wisdom and endurance to always be the best I can be for them.

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

It's time for me to start changin' the way I look at the world......and at myself. ~James Howlett aka Wolverine
S
SH_ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Today I am grateful for,

The time that I get with my D5. She is such a joy to be with, and always so cheerful. I will do everything in my power to maintain a life that she can be happy and cheerful in. I will not let anything nor anyone take that from her.

I am thankful for my job. It is not the job of my dreams, but it is one that has created a financial stability for me and my family. I work with good people, and it has provided many opportunities for me.

I am thankful for my health. The opportunity to get out and about and feel good. I enjoy jogging and working out as it makes me feel alive.

I am thankful to God, for the challenges and opportunities that are placed before me each day so that I may learn, grow and progress in this life.

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

P
P
I'm sorry I didn't rise to your challenge yesterday, SH. I started adding to this thread and then just couldn't come up with much gratitude. It was a difficult day. Here I am, though, ready to put out some positive energy again.

So today:

-I am grateful for my therapist. He provides a much-appreciated counterbalance to the less sensitive men in my life (those that Painter has threatened to slap!). Today he told me something very simple, yet something I needed to hear: "Pheobe, you are a good person."

-I am grateful that I can walk in my fields at twilight and in the dark and feel completely comfortable and safe and peaceful. I find great solace in my land.

-I am grateful for tea. "Tea's a good drink. It'll keep you going." -Annie Proulx

no kids
H filed for D 5/16
Q
Q
-Support of my friends and family at this time
-My beautiful, sweet kids
-I have the opportunity now to think about my life and make some lasting changes

Me-45, W-37, T-10 yrs, M-9 yrs
D -7 yrs, S-5 yrs
BD-5/3/16, D filed 6/8/16

P
P
Back again to share more gratitude. Today:

- I am grateful for my parents who have been there for me in so many ways over the last 6 months. More than anyone else, they have helped me stay afloat.

- I am grateful for the ability to appreciate the beauty I see all around me every single day on my farm. From the flowers in the fields, to the trees swaying in the wind, to the birds swooping overhead, there is so much to see and love here.

-I am grateful for the good night's sleep that I got last night - without any meds! smile

no kids
H filed for D 5/16
Q
Q
-the music of the Cure
-pineapple gummy bears
-playful dogs at my mom's house

Me-45, W-37, T-10 yrs, M-9 yrs
D -7 yrs, S-5 yrs
BD-5/3/16, D filed 6/8/16

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard