Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
job Offline
Sotto,
I'm sorry to read that your back is hurt. Take things slowly for a couple of days, i.e., no twisting or picking up heavy things. You probably pulled some muscles that stretched a bit too much in the process of packing, etc.

Give yourself some time. Returning to the marital home was a step back in time to the place where your journey began. It's understandable that it rocked you a bit...you'll work thru it and be back up and about again in a while.

Take care of yourself.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
R
R
Hi Sotto. Take it easy for a few days and let ypur back rest

Your right about the feelings settling again and they will. In reading your sitch over the last while , it's clear the highs and lows are decreasing in size They are still happening but not the extremes that they where and this is a trend that will continue. It's still difficult to deal with but you can deal with it now

I'm aware that you know the following but I'm going to recap anyway ,

You've always acted from the best person you are

You've always acted with grace

You've always acted wth caring

Not many of us can come close to the above

You are a very good person

You are a very attractive person. Inside and out

You are a very sincere person

Again , these are things a lot of us should aspire too

You dealt with the D with class

You dealt with making a new life in a way that's an example to us all

You dealt with all the cr@p better than anyone I've followed on here

The above is an example to us all

Sotto is a classy lady and XH is a complete and utter fool who I have no doubt will rue his choices in time BUT his loss is our gain. For me personally you are a very good friend who I can rely on to be here for me when needed. I'm a picky person when it comes to my buddies and I'm proud to have you on that list

Today is another day closer to happiness for Sotto. The journey continues and thank you for being who you are

Huge hug and take care. Rd. xxxx

S
Sotto Offline OP
OP Offline
S
RD, you made me cry again... smile

Thanks for your very kind words and for looking in and posting on a bit of a low day...

I so appreciate it - and yes I'm sure the best is yet to come....I just have to get through this part first.

Hope you're having a lovely weekend xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
V
V
My darling dearest Sotto

No one could have done more. Time to cut yourself a break my sweet friend.

Extreme self care

Big hugs

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

B
B
Hi Sotto, {{{{hugs}}}}
Wish I'd popped over sooner to give you more hugs and attention. I think what you're feeling is perfectly understandable, given the circumstances.
Re: the particular buyers, they may just be first-timers who get their knickers into a twist about nothing. While stressful, i'm sure it will all work out just fine. Lie low, take some time to heal. Ouch on the back ! Rest as much as you can. This is just a painful speed bump on the road. You will get through this and will have great fun nesting in your new place. But first, must trudge through a little bit more muck. Sorry love, and much hugs xoxoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
S
Sotto Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks V and Bttrfly, I do feel much better now. I had a funky few days after going to the marital home - wasn't sleeping well, sore back, emotional. But now I feel back to my usual Bonnie self, which is good.

Been busy at work and managed to get to Salsa and yoga this week. Having lunch with a friend tomorrow/bookstore and also out with a friend Saturday evening. Things are moving along with the house and it may be the tenant leaves earlier in which case I could be in before August.

As for XH, well I just feel so done with him at the moment. Maybe it's just some anger coming out, but I feel so meh about him. I've read a lot about MLC and have felt some compassion. But TBH, once the D finalised it really seemed to change things for me. I can't imagine wanting to get back together now. I just feel a million miles away from that and feel there is virtually nothing to build on now. I keep coming back to this - if we had 3 kids together and were M for 20 years. But in our case that wasn't the case and I do feel I can move on in peace. Yes, there is always more I could do, but I feel happy not to do it and look forward to a new life alone - and maybe with someone else in time.

Still in regular contact with nice guy at work. So, he lost a pile of weight through his D and since I've known him has been wearing clothes a little too large. Recently, he's invested in some new work gear - that fits! The ladies have commented how great he looks...he still seems as though he may potentially interested and I guess time will tell. I'm not in a big rush to get into another R just now. There's much to enjoy about being single...

Well, that's it from me and thanks to you all for looking in on me on a bit of a meh weekend xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
V
V
How is your achy back?

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

H
H
What's stopping you asking him for a friendly drink?

M 45 W 52
SD22 S9 D8
BD 6 April 2015
Not living together 4 Dec 2015
J
J
Hi Sotto, I agree with Huddy. Why don't you ask nice guy for a friendly drink? smile

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
JksD #2685101 06/12/16 01:27 PM
S
Sotto Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks V - it's all better now smile xx

Well Huddy and JksD - I guess a combination of things - fear. He may say no? Then we work together and that's a bit awkward....Maybe it's too soon. I'd really like to wait a year after D before dating...I think slow is best really. Though I'd be a bit gutted if I heard he'd met someone else. I don't know - I guess I'll mull it over some more. Procrastinate.

I had a nice weekend. Went out with a friend to a movie and a drink last night. Been renovating some furniture today and visited with Mum.

Things are a little weird with XH. So, he told me that SS and his mum would be at our marital home this weekend. Separately, I texted SS to ask how he's doing & he said his Mum was taking him over there to spend a last weekend at our house. (Why wouldn't his Dad take him I wonder?? Strange...)

Anyway - I don't dwell. Work is going to be busy this week and will get in the way of salsa and yoga plans - but I'm meeting up with my divorce chums on Thursday for a drink. I'm also looking after two cute little doggies for the day while my friend is away - looking forward to that.

Oh, and part of my orthodontic retainer snapped off this weekend cry - need to see if I can get an emergency dental appt in the morning.

Thanks for looking in and hope you all had a good weekend xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard