Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
D
DDJ Offline
D
Betterm, take a big step back. Real big. Now look at what we're debating here. A freaking bed.

Get in, stay out. Lol

Just cos things are going right, doesn't mean that they were always wrong.
B
betterm Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Umm, Get in, Stay out!? I'm SO CONFUSED!!!

M34 W28, T7, M2
W filed D 6/7/16

...who doesn't love a lost cause?
D
DDJ Offline
D
You're still doing it. If you don't know what you want, how can you expect her to too? Rhetorical question.

Just cos things are going right, doesn't mean that they were always wrong.
B
betterm Offline OP
OP Offline
B
(sorry, that was a joke)

M34 W28, T7, M2
W filed D 6/7/16

B
betterm Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I know what I want, and yes, you're right, I fear how she'll respond to it. Her complaint was "in the same house together, regardless of rooms, open/closed doors, etc"... so it's all the same, whether I'm sleeping downstairs next to the furnace, or 10 inches away from her in the same bad, right!? HA. I know what I'm going to do, and I can't control the response.

M34 W28, T7, M2
W filed D 6/7/16

D
D
betterm,

I know what you're thinking...you're going to wait until she falls asleep and then you're going to draw a mustache on her.

B
betterm Offline OP
OP Offline
B
So her lawyer contacted me again and said if I'd like to hear her side of what 'she wants', to get the financial disclosure papers back to him so they can discuss (he said she won't get much, due to short term marriage, and our having no assets and all debts to our name.)

Is the best process here to return the papers asap and say here ya go, as in "I see your two pair, and I'm not scared". Or do I drag out every single request for as long as possible to try and extend everything single I have control over?

M34 W28, T7, M2
W filed D 6/7/16

B
betterm Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: betterm
So her lawyer contacted me again and said if I'd like to hear her side of what 'she wants', to get the financial disclosure papers back to him so they can discuss (he said she won't get much, due to short term marriage, and our having no assets and all debts to our name.)

Is the best process here to return the papers asap and say here ya go, as in "I see your two pair, and I'm not scared". Or do I drag out every single request for as long as possible to try and extend everything single I have control over?

Since there's no "formal filing yet, and I'm going to have to fill out those documents regardless, I feel like holding back and prolonging the financial disclosure document shows weakness and my uncertainty of the situation. I do WANT to save the marriage, but I don't think holding off on the financial papers (especially considering we don't have much), is doing any good... thoughts?

M34 W28, T7, M2
W filed D 6/7/16

J
J5K Offline
J
Sleep on it, do it on your time frame. Stop analyzing what may happen if you fill them out sooner or later.

If you are anything like me and overanalyze every choice or decision and your W is someone who takes action then maybe a small 180 would be to fill it out as quickly as possible. Not saying this is what you should do but it may jolt her a bit.

H-46 XW-38 T-7 M-6
S-9,8,8,6,4
S 11/30/15, I filed 12/8/15
EA 2/1/16 D dismissed 3/24/16
PA 3/18/16 confirmed 4/22/16
XW files for D 4/1/16 - D final 11/17/16
Finally moving forward...
B
betterm Offline OP
OP Offline
B
In the grand scheme of things, I don't think it means anything, her attorney can still file without the financial disclosure filled out and signed, and then I'm just forced to fill it out as part of the discovery process. I'm definitely going to sleep on it, but I filled 75% of it out today, and will probably go ahead and complete it tomorrow with an email to follow saying something like "here's the logins for the bank accounts - for full transparency, like you asked", and I've attached the financial discovery papers so you can go ahead and start your filing process". Because I am the one to overanalyze everything, and I think it'd be shocking to her to see that I did it, overnight (it's a pain in the butt, I'm sure you all know), and I'm ready to get on with this thing! H3ll, it's even shocking me a little bit thinking about it.

M34 W28, T7, M2
W filed D 6/7/16

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard