Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
D
DDJ Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Okay, summed up differently...

I have a choice to leave this M as a broken man. Right now.

Or, I can leave this an unbroken man. I can let the devil drag me down, I can face him every morning and tell him that I will not let him hold me down. I will stand up and fight for myself and my sanity and I will succeed. I am not a failure, even tho my M is.

Just cos things are going right, doesn't mean that they were always wrong.
N
N
Okay so here is my next question.

What makes you think you are a broken man? Are you not sober? god believing? a good father? a good person?

Me31 W31 M11yrs S6yrs
23Mar16-BD
9Apr16-W admitted EA w boss.
27Jun16-W Changed job and promised NC w OM.
14Jul16-Continued contact w OM.Start of Separation.
24May17-Divorced.
D
DDJ Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I'm balling my eyes out right now.

Yes, I'm not a broken man. I am learning each day, how to be a sober man, how to more God fearing, how to be a better father, a better man and a better person.

I'm delaying the inevitable, I'm holding on to someone that isn't mine, anymore. I need to let her go. I have to let her go. She is no good for me the way that she is.

Every day I fall, every day I pick myself up, even day I get wiser, I get stronger. This is my lesson. Thank you God.

D
DDJ Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I've been crying for an hour solid. I believe that I got the job. GOD GAVE ME THIS JOB. God put this in front of me to challenge me to be more like him.

I accept the challenge.

It wasn't even an interview. A junior financial advisor walked me through the company and its ethos. He's gonna WhatsApp the boss about my start date. I should start 1 July. Im going to give one weeks notice, go on a getaway by myself for a week, recharge and refocus.

Company benefits mean that I will want for nothing. Except healing my broken heart. That will take time.

D
DDJ Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Okay, additional goal. Stop cursing. Done.

D
DDJ Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thx Natus, I really needed you earlier. You asked me the perfect question.

So my WW is clearly the broken one. I was too only 2 months ago. If I think now, could I forgive her, I'd have to say yes.

But like Ralph, I'd need her to find herself in a similar way that I have. What a journey, that I have been put on. MVG said that it is best to get away from the madness asap. I second both of them.

Do I save my M or myself. Right now, I'll save myself.

C
C
You can't save your M before you save yourself.
Hang in there DDJ!

M 37 W 30
S 7
Together 10 years
Married 9 years
BD: 12/12/12(W filed same day)
I moved to apartment 1/11/13
W and S moved to MIL 1/11/13
Peicing: 6/3/13
Reconciled: 7/2013
BD2: 4/20/16
still working on it
D
DDJ Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thx cbtdad. I'm hanging in!!!

M
M
My point was that you said you wanted to do these. My image is that by doing them, you won't be broken anymore.

Detach (from WW and lose control)
• Do not start 100% of all conversations
• Do not get drawn into 100% of all possible arguments
• Do not check Tracker when my WW is out
• Keep my phone off when my WW is out
• Consciously remove control over others when I interact with them
• Do not react to anything anyone says or does, pause and then consider my response

Improve myself (GAL)
• I need to go to gym at least 3 to 4 days a week. My gym bag must remain in the car so that I can simply state that “I’m going out”.
• I need to stop eating junk-food, and actually start eating. I need to keep healthy snacks to boost my nutrition.
• I need to get out every day that I can, even if it’s a drive to sit somewhere and soak up nature. I need to try and see more live sports and spend time with my long lost family and friends.

Understand boundaries and implement some
• I think that I’m starting to get what boundaries are. The big emotional one will be no intimacy with my WW. The longer I can keep her off me, the stronger I will get. I will know that I will have achieved it if the day to sign the D papers come and I’ve still not given off.

Appreciate the little things

• I think that here I need to affirm my WW whenever she does anything that is not selfish, and is her going out of her way for me, or our son. Perhaps hitting 100% of affirmations, and understanding where I did not.

So why does it matter where W lives for you to do those?

D
DDJ Offline OP
OP Offline
D
As long as there's OMS involved, I'm going to stay the babysitter. I know that I'm not broken, but being fixed.

I just don't want to deal with the madness anymore. I want to focus on myself without any regard for her. I know that I can do it with her in my face. Can i not choose to do it without her there...

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard