Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
B
betterm Offline OP
OP Offline
B
For you, actually, YES! What's your paypal?
Actually, I have a lot more than that if you wanna just hold on to it for me for about 2-3 months and then I'll only ask for 80% back, you keep 20% for your troubles! smile (less than 50%, right?)

hell, while we're at it... how about a house for a $1?

M34 W28, T7, M2
W filed D 6/7/16

...who doesn't love a lost cause?
D
D
betterm,

Now that's a wicked cool idea! Launder money for people going through a divorce. It's the internet version of Breaking Bad.

Oh yeah! wink

B
betterm Offline OP
OP Offline
B
no lie, my 'coach' (the hard-baller), said I should look into laws and sell my house to my brother/father/etc for $1 just to make sure it didn't somehow become 'marital property' during our LONG, 2 year marriage. She said, if it's sold to him, and you made no profits off it (it would actually be a huge loss selling for $1), then there's nothing to worry about. She's nuts!

M34 W28, T7, M2
W filed D 6/7/16

D
D
betterm,

That's interesting!

Is the hard-baller coach a DB-style coach or is she more like a regular MC?

It's okay if she's nuts, as long as she doesn't have nuts.

D
DDJ Offline
D
LOL Doodler

Just cos things are going right, doesn't mean that they were always wrong.
D
DDJ Offline
D
I don't like nuts in my salad either. I'm done!

B
betterm Offline OP
OP Offline
B
She is not a "DB-coach". She's actually a 'divorce coach' that my cousin met when he moved to PA. she neither pro, nor against, marriage/divorce, but really just looks out for the individual involved and will tailor to what seems right for the situation. In my case... after I told her my background, W's background, any patterns of the past, stories of her ex's, my ex's, family issues, etc... she said, "buckle up", "we've got a lot to prepare you for"... And then she showed me where I lost my balls.

M34 W28, T7, M2
W filed D 6/7/16

B
betterm Offline OP
OP Offline
B
the first things out of her mouth were: 1) contact an in-state attorney, or two or three, and retain the one I like best for $1500 or under. 2) go home, and tell W tough luck. 3) take all the money out of the bank, put it in a safety deposit box under a family member's name. 4) change my permanent address to a PO BOX since W gets home from work before me. 5) Check state divorce laws on pre-marital property being sold to a family member, if it makes sense, sell house to father/brother for $1. 6) Open new bank under only my name, change direct deposit to that, withdrawal everything and keep in cash except for what's needed for electronic bill pay. and umm. some other stuff related to that. I'd hvae to get notes out. But she immediately saw patterns in my W that seem saw it necessary to protect myself and assets immediately.

M34 W28, T7, M2
W filed D 6/7/16

D
DDJ Offline
D
Now she's definitely got her own set of balls. I like her.

It is really about protecting ourselves. If only it was so easy with our broken hearts, it would be great.

B
betterm Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: doodler
betterm,
For a newbie you're doing really well. Keep it up!

I think I've mentioned this before, and I'm not trying to convince myself, but I'm a real fast learner when something "takes over" me. And sadly, even though W was the one to bring up D, now I'm the one, after taking a long, hard, deep ...<stay with me here, dirty perv minds...>

...LOOK at my own problems, I've found more problems in the relationship related to HER issues, and if she's not willing to work on those (like she says she is not willing to do), then I'm honestly better off without her.

take it for what it's worth, and I know it's probably not the "right" way to look at it, but lifes short, I'm 34 years old, time to get on with it!

M34 W28, T7, M2
W filed D 6/7/16

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard