Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
Martin5 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks guys, it will save me having to read more books, one of the most annoying by products, is that you suddenly doubt yourself, which slows down the healing and moving on process, despite how hard I try, deep down, I still expect her to return, which seems unlikely, and slows the moving on, the sudden switch was inconceivable just 4 months ago, and although I am better than I was at the start, recovery is painfully slow, I know the answer is impossible, but roughly how long till normality returns?

D
D
Cadet,

Sorry about hijacking the thread...

Are there any books you can recommend that give a high-level overview of the cause(s) of WW syndrome?

C
C
Originally Posted By: doodler
Cadet,

Sorry about hijacking the thread...

Are there any books you can recommend that give a high-level overview of the cause(s) of WW syndrome?

Unfortunately I am not allowed to mention other book titles here other than Divorce Remedy however
there lots of different titles out there.
I would suggest reading ALL the homework and related links.
That should help.

Me-70, D37,S36
D
D
Cadet,

Many thanks!

M
Martin5 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I am assuming all these books give various explanations, but it doesn't look like many WW, or WAW, OR MLC'S return to the MR, seems like the best advice is just to GAL and hope? Another weekend gone, they are the toughest, actually had a call from the AP, telling me was going to dump her, anybody got any experience with similar sitch with AP, it's got me confused, can't figure if he is genuine, mad, of just messing with me, or if W and he are in it together

C
C
Trust Actions not words.

Me-70, D37,S36
P
P
SH, you said a mouthful. You have come so far. SH = SageHub???

Martin, I don't have any advice about the AP stuff at all. That is strange and I think you probably should just act like he never contacted you. It doesn't change a thing between you and your W.

I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am that you are here. I have also come to realize the real possibility that I will never understand what has happened to my life. I also know that even if I did, it wouldn't change the journey I have to make for myself.

Walk your path. Acceptance comes somewhere along the way.

H: 44, Me: 45
Married: 20 y Together: 25 y
no kids
Walk away: 12/15
Asked for temp separation 12/25/15
PA confirmed 3/16 (apparently neither the first, nor the last PA he has had)
H filed for D 5/16
M
Martin5 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I know that you are right, but my mind won't let me move on yet, I hope it will not be too long, I have a 16 and 14 year old to be strong for, it hasn't got much easier yet, I am sorry for your pain, they say emotions can't kill you, but it gets pretty close

S
SH_ Offline
S
Martin,

In my journey I have learned that we have more control of our mind than we think. I have been learning about mindful meditation and it is a big part of my healing process. I would recommend that you look into it for assistance. Also working with an IC has helped me as it coincides with the mindful meditation.
I am of the belief that the time it may take will vary for each person, but that with effort, the healing process can be shortened.

I see it as with like a physical injury that one may have. It will heal on its own typically, but with treatment, doctors visits, knowledge of remedies, rehabilitation, physical therapy and a PMA, the time to heal can be shortened.

Emotional injuries and wounds should be treated in the same manner in order to restore to good health.

Hang in there. Time will help heal. Effort through DB and the many other treatments will benefit. Look into others threads on these forums and you will learn of many ways different individuals worked their way through the healing process towards a healthy emotional place. You can learn much and gain support of others who have been down the path that you are struggling on.

May you find peace this day and feel my support as I have been where you are at, and am currently on my own path towards healing.

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

It's time for me to start changin' the way I look at the world......and at myself. ~James Howlett aka Wolverine
M
Martin5 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks SadHub, I have been doing Therapy from the beginning, and Mindfulness for a few weeks, plus loads of reading and visiting sites like this, it has been 4 months since discovery, and time is dragging, just when you think you think you have improved, you seem to slide backwards, now feel like I am treading water, and stuck, not sorted finances or house sale, kinda paralysed, any advice, it looks like you are waiting for your WAW to file, could you file for adultery, or are you perhaps like me living in hope?

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard