Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
CWOL Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Trumpet,
Lexapro has a calming effect on me, but after three weeks it still makes me quite drowsy during the day. On the weekends it's good as I'm able to "oversleep" by a couple of hours and get up feeling really rested. I'm usually able to sleep through most of the night now, but usually am drenched with night sweat. It's a strange and consistent side effect. I also noticed I've gained back a couple pounds as my appetite seemed to have gotten better.

Me-LBH, 48
Spouse-WW, 48
Married for 19 years
Son, 12
BD #1 - November 1998 (EA 7 months after wedding)
BD #2 - November 2015 (same XBF EA)
WW filed D February 2016
WW moved out April 2016
C
CWOL Offline OP
OP Offline
C
SadHub,
I had a good five day run with S11. S11 had his LL game Saturday night. His team squeaked by with a 2-0 score against an unexpected tough team from our neighboring town. Afterwards the head coach treated the team to pizza and ice cream for clinching the league championship and making it to the district tournament.

WW came late and sat on the bleachers on purpose even though I set out a chair for her. It was fine, I had expected it. She ignored me for a couple innings so I went over to let her know that S11 caught a cold and woke me up at 2am for medicine, but is fine otherwise. She didn't even listen to what I said and told me "I'm fine sitting where I am." I said, no, I'm not trying to get you to sit next to me, I'm telling you about our son! It's crazy that she's so focused on herself.

Sunday S11 played in a travel ball league playoff series and his team did well and won both their games by mercy. It was in the next county and more than an hour's drive, and I offered a few days ago to carpool with WW but she never answered my text. The other team parents asked me where she was but I just smiled and said she might make it later. She never showed up but it turns out that she told S11 that she had "something to do" and wasn't coming. Very annoying, her selective text replying, she started to do that right before BD. I think I will have to do a better job of DB'ing and not to do these favors for her in the future.

S11 was still battling the cold in the morning and wanted to stay home, but I told his team would be short without him and we can't back out at the last minute. I convinced him to go and he was fine once he got to the field and saw all his teammates, smiling and laughing with them. These are the things I look forward to now, the happiness I see on his face and the camaraderie with his friends.

Monday morning was the swap again with WW. Will have S11 back on Wednesday.

Me-LBH, 48
Spouse-WW, 48
Married for 19 years
Son, 12
WW filed D February 2016
WW moved out April 2016
C
CWOL Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I tried out Headspace, it was an interesting exercise. I've done yoga classes with meditation but I was never able to clear my mind sufficiently to get any benefit out of the meditation sessions. So I started looking for meditation classes around me on Meetup. I signed up for a couple classes before I started Googling them and found out a lot of them are cults recruiting members! There's one called Maum and another called NKT. Pretty scary! I've got enough problems with my WW, no need to get my brain washed!
I guess I will stick with Headspace for now, seems legit so far...

Me-LBH, 48
Spouse-WW, 48
Married for 19 years
Son, 12
WW filed D February 2016
WW moved out April 2016
V
V
Current ACDC?!? You mean Axel Rose in the iconic band? Blasphemy...

V
V
Wrong topic... Sorry...

S
SH_ Offline
S
It's good to hear you had a good time with s11.
I'm also sorry to see the WW is still acting like a child in matters where being a mature adult should be the expected behavior.

You are wise to keep in your focus those upcoming moments of joy with s11. This is what makes life worth it and keeps our attention towards positive things.

It will get better, to many successes out there that show us that regardless of what that picture looks like.

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

It's time for me to start changin' the way I look at the world......and at myself. ~James Howlett aka Wolverine
C
CWOL Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I notice that my mood lifted significantly today, must be the Lexapro kicking in. Even when I think about the D, I don't feel the sense of impending doom I did before. Perhaps it is shining a new light on the picture? I just don't want to have a false sense of security that will come crashing down with the next iteration of the D proceedings...

I do find focusing on fun and pleasant things distract me from the negative thoughts that I've had constantly for the past six months. If I can get over the drowsiness I feel constantly as a side-effect that would be good! This morning was pretty tough waking up, will have to go back to using an alarm clock in the morning for the first time in eleven years! (After the birth of my son our whole house seemed to wake up early, even when we tried to oversleep).

Me-LBH, 48
Spouse-WW, 48
Married for 19 years
Son, 12
WW filed D February 2016
WW moved out April 2016
T
T
Multiple alarm clocks. Double coffees right away in the AM. The life of Trumpet on Lexapro! 10 years and still going! You HAVE to find time to work out. The physical exercise will balance out the sleepy affects of the drug, and I still get runners high!

M46, EXWW46
M15 T17
D20, S19, D13
M - Addiction since 1998
W EA/PA #1 2013/2014
W EA #2 June 2015...
BD 1 Big D talk 9/15
BD 2 - EA/PA disc 10/30/15
Served D 1/22/16
Divorced 5/25/16 (yes, that fast!)
C
CWOL Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Yes, I work out pretty much every day and it helps with my mood. The drowsiness was especially bad yesterday because I took a Zyrtec which almost knocked me out at work! Staying off Zyrtec for now, will have to suffer with my allergies.

Another side effect I've noticed is that it really increased my appetite, I've gained 3 pounds that I don't want... I've read it also slows down your metabolism as well. When I was on Paxil 15 years ago for something else, I gained almost 10 pounds. Any ideas on how to curb this? I may ask my MD to lessen the dosage (I'm at 10 mg right now) if my mood keeps improving...

Me-LBH, 48
Spouse-WW, 48
Married for 19 years
Son, 12
WW filed D February 2016
WW moved out April 2016
V
V
Try Aerius...

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard