Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
D
DigIt Offline OP
OP Offline
D
on other thing, as far giving her that money. She has spent $23,000 + on his schooling and I've only helped a bit with his CC and pocket money. To me, as a parent (step-parent or otherwise) I think this was grossly unfair on my part. I was spending money on me, when she's working two jobs to pay for her and S school. Just trying to do what's right now.

D
DigIt Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Yes yet another thing (since I have no idea wtf I'm doing) should I keep that chunk of money for myself? (Renig on my original offer for her to keep it and use for SS schooling)

it was suppose to be used to install carpet in our basement. I have already purchased the roll of carpet, out of my own pocket. I could really use the money right now, but I also feel bad I haven't contributed more the SS schooling. Please help frown

C
C
Quote:
(since I have no idea wtf I'm doing)

Digit,
Last night there was a bat in my house. It flew around for a little while trying to find a way out then it just gave up and went and hung out on the curtain. I captured it and put it outside.

That's how I feel.

I don't have an answer to your question. Just wanted to tell you that you're not alone in not knowing what you're doing. I'm just blindly flying around like you hoping to find my way out of this mess waiting on the good people on this forum to help us out.

M:36 W:31 D:12
M: 8/9/10
ILYBNILWY/"want space": 2/14-ish/16
W moved out 5/24/16.
D
DigIt Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: collin
Quote:

Digit,
Last night there was a bat in my house. It flew around for a little while trying to find a way out then it just gave up and went and hung out on the curtain. I captured it and put it outside.

That's how I feel.

I don't have an answer to your question. Just wanted to tell you that you're not alone in not knowing what you're doing. I'm just blindly flying around like you hoping to find my way out of this mess waiting on the good people on this forum to help us out.

Thanks for the kind words. It really s#cks, and I feel a bit paralyzed. Personally, I'm ok, but I'm really caught up what to do about the SS school situation.

D
DigIt Offline OP
OP Offline
D
My main concern is I'd be flip flopping on what I originally said. I'm a better person than I was before and want to continue to project that.

D
DigIt Offline OP
OP Offline
D
well too late, I just text and told her since I already purchased the carpet and we agreed to install it, that I'll be using some of that money to finish it. The remainder can be used towards SS apt.

She said "this better be the last of the penny pinching. I owe, you owe BS. I really don't wanna do that with you."

So yea, she didn't like it.

B
B
Originally Posted By: collin
Quote:

Digit,

That's how I feel.

And it sounds like, by your analogy, all the crazy, flying around every which direction, bouncing off one thing and bouncing off another trying to find the right path, is really just unnecessary. Because once you stop all the zigzag, i don't know what I'm doing, flying around nonsense, and finally decide that the 'curtain' looks like a nice place to calm down and rest and gather my thoughts for a while. You will be carried away by someone/something that already knows the path...

Now, who knows if that someone/something has the intention of taking you to the door and letting you fly away, or putting you on the kitchen counter and pounding you with a 5-lb frying pan over any over until you're a bloody mess... but umm, I'm getting distracted...and disturbed. be back later! GL!

M34 W28, T7, M2
W filed D 6/7/16

...who doesn't love a lost cause?
D
DigIt Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I stood my ground and told her, "make no mistake, I'm not penny pinching, we had an agreement and I'm gonna follow it. No more, no less. I plan on helping SS as best I can, but I need to balance taking care of him and myself."

"ok. I get it." Woman of few words when she's mad.

I didn't even bring up the fact she's not paying her share of next months bills even though she agreed to that. Not even going there, that I can do without. Pinching pennies indeed.

D
DigIt Offline OP
OP Offline
D
well, I'm getting the expected response, she's wants me to call a lawyer I know to find out where to get divorce papers made up w/o a lawyer. I KNEW she was going to do this. frown

D
DigIt Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I helped her along and gave her the website she needs to file. She asked me if I want her to file. I said "No, I don't, but I'll sign any papers you give me."

I'm pretty bummed right now.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard