Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
E
e04355 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
saturday afternoon, i texted her for the first time in a month to ask about one of our kids school events. and she was very playful in her responses.

sat night she went out with her pro D friend (female). this woman has been instrumental in trying to show her how great the D life can be. but her life is a trainwreck. ???? it blows my mind.

sunday when she picked up the kids, she seemed very distracted and emotional. (it was mother's day) she got out of there quickly.

later in the day i passed her in traffic and she smiled and waved to me.

we haven't spoken or seen each other since then, but today i go to pick up the kids after work and then drop them back off tomorrow morning. we'll see how that goes. usually this is the point where she will ask me to talk. i think i'm going to tactfully deny her the opportunity this time.

it seems that she is very confused as to what i am doing. in the past, i would have been pursuing her by now. but this time around i have not been. i let her do all of the pursuing, contacting etc. times like now though, i wonder what kind of effect its having. attract or repel? from what ive seen, so far, it has an attract result. sorry im venting i guess. just a little nervous right now, cause im speculating that a test is coming from her.

D
DDJ Offline
D
You're assuming what she's thinking or doing and getting stuck in her head. That's where the anxiety is coming from.

Just cos things are going right, doesn't mean that they were always wrong.
E
e04355 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
she started her cycle of pursuing me again yesterday. it always starts with a random text about something with the kids that is going to happen a month ahead of time. anything she can find to start the conversation.

it seems that every cycle of this, she gets a little bit closer at the peak. i have been solid at keeping my distance and leaving a little mystery.

this text today, (day 2 of the cycle lol) she asked the date and time and if we will be traveling together next month for one of the cub scout functions. i purposely avoided answering that question. i just gave the date and time of when the event was. (she already knew that info, she is just fishing to see what i would say to the traveling together )

E
e04355 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
is this cycling normal? i want to get out of it. but she makes it so difficult. she asks questions that make it so that i need to answer.

R
R
Personally if you are detaching and growing your new pair, why would your travel with this person? And why would you be answering texts about the event that far in advance?

E
e04355 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
good points. i don't know if i need to detach more, or to keep cycling like this. this cycling is showing hints of promise, but i kinda feel dumb for letting it continue.

R
R
I think if anything, her saying 'I want to travel with you' would be promising. I still wouldn't travel with my WW unless she had recommitted to the marriage and was willing to do everything and anything to make it work.

Ralph88
Me 40s W 30s, D5 D3 , M7 T9
2013 B drop 1, EA found
2016 B drop 2, EA/PA?
2/16 Physical Seperation
2/16 I filed for D
4/16 PA Confirmed
E
e04355 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
im kinda down today. i dropped the kids off this morning, and i won't see them for 4 days. i want to grab her and shake her and say, why are you doing this to us? what are you choosing to divide your family? dont you care that your kids wont see their dad for several days? and then next weekend she will have the same. doesn't this make her heart crumble?

D
DDJ Offline
D
Sorry to hear that you're down. Got nothing else except a pat on the back for you.

Just cos things are going right, doesn't mean that they were always wrong.
E
e04355 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
and the whole time that i'm dropping them off, she kept her eyes on me. not the kids. she complemented me on my new shoes. she stayed no more than 4 feet from me. not that i moved past the front door. she didn't even talk to the kids while i was there except to say hi as they walked through the door.

i don't know what is going on or what to do, except to just keep on keeping on. lately ive been tempted to really pull away. to create even more distance. but at the same time, she seems interested.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard