Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
J
Jb9140 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Contact has been broken

Wife texted me to to tell me she was taking our boys this weekend to see her parents 4 hrs away. she has them Friday and Saturday and asked if it would be all right to bring them back late Sunday; which is my day.I said no problem.

Then she said she was going to see her brother next weekend 2 states away, and asked if I would watch them. I said sure.

I can't tell you how much I wanted ask questions about the trip to her brother's. I know I'm moving forward, don't ask any questions about where she's going.

Me-LBH, 44
Spouse-WAW, 41
Married for 9 years
S, 7 S, 5
BD - November 20th 2015
S
S
Quote:
Contact has been broken

Just to be clear, I do not see it as the LBH breaking contact (so to speak) when his WW initiates the text, call, email, or whatever.

Great job at not asking questions!! whistle

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
J
Jb9140 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
WOW - Never thought I'd be here........ By Crimson
Sandi- Do you know if 25yearsmlc is still around? they've got some pretty solid advice on things. very good reading material.

Me-LBH, 44
Spouse-WAW, 41
Married for 9 years
S, 7 S, 5
BD - November 20th 2015
J
Jb9140 Offline OP
OP Offline
J

Somehwere amidst the hurt feelings, the fear, the anger - I hope that a small spark of that love for me still resides. It is the hope, the blind faith of that tiny flame still existing that keeps me going.

Me-LBH, 44
Spouse-WAW, 41
Married for 9 years
S, 7 S, 5
BD - November 20th 2015
S
S
I don't think she has been on the board very much since Feb. She's a very busy lady. Yes, she gives very encouraging advice. She had a WAH (for two yrs, I think).

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
J
Jb9140 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
That's too bad. She definitely can swing some 2x4's with the best of them. I think hers might even have nails in them. We truly are lucky to have the wisdom of ladies like you and her.... It's absolutely amazing the more I realize this stuff is way more then about saving my marriage.

Me-LBH, 44
Spouse-WAW, 41
Married for 9 years
S, 7 S, 5
BD - November 20th 2015
J
Jb9140 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Today was parent teacher conference day for our son whose going from Pre-k to Kindergarten. Got there 15 minutes early and wife was there. I decided to try something different and initiated convo. Asked her how she liked her new place and if the Kids seemed to be adapting. she opened up and told me our 7 year old was acting up and yelling at her and screaming. I tried to validate her feelings, and told her i would have a talk with him when I get him today.

I asked how her family was doing, since shes taking the kids down this weekend to see their new place. she updated me on their new place and gave me a lot of information on her father who is suffering Alzheimers.

when we got into the meeting it ended up being a committee of about 8 women including my wife. I told them, " I had just had a meeting this week with the CIO of a billion dollar credit union, and that I felt hundred more times intimidated at this parent conference meeting with you ladies!" They all laughed including my wife, I think she always liked my sense of Humor.

When we left, I reminded her again that i would talk to our 7 year old, and that I hoped she and the kids had a safe trip this weekend.

I hope I didn't come across as needy, but I don't believe I did. No R talk and didn't ask her what she's been doing since she left.

P.S I was clean shaven, wearing cologne, And smiling the whole time.

Me-LBH, 44
Spouse-WAW, 41
Married for 9 years
S, 7 S, 5
BD - November 20th 2015
J
Jb9140 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I feel like I backslid today. I say this because I was starting to feel detached,and now I'm feeling a lot of sadness tonight. I do t have many opportunities to show my wife that I'm becoming a better version of me. God I hate this roller coaster. Sometimes I just wish she would go ahead and file, so that I could truly move on. I guess I'm just. Having a bad day.

Me-LBH, 44
Spouse-WAW, 41
Married for 9 years
S, 7 S, 5
BD - November 20th 2015
J
Jb9140 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Any input on my latest interaction with wife would be appreciated.

Me-LBH, 44
Spouse-WAW, 41
Married for 9 years
S, 7 S, 5
BD - November 20th 2015
O
otw Offline
O
The feelings will come rushing back when you least expect.

I woke up today fine. Hugged my kids at school and my heart sunk. About everything. Missing kids , w, what once was.

All I hope is that this one passes quick.

M 37
W 34

T 12
M 8
D 7
S 4

Need break 4/12/15
W no ring 7/7/15

Separate room 4/12/15
Separate living suggested 8/15
W moved out 11/1/15
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11