Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
H
HaWho Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Thanks for the laugh Job. Actually it looks like a cheesy hotel. The plants are live, huge; too big for the space. It reminds me of the decor of Doubletree Hotels--same overwhelming tropical feel. Except, he hasn't taken the huge stickers off the plastic pots so it all looks even worse!!!

I think he is waiting to see if I clean his bathroom. I have always been one to make nice-nice and I am sure he expects me to get in there and make it all fancy for my family. I like things to be nice for my guests and he knows that. I have shampooed all my rugs and cordoned off those rooms to everyone, especially my 120 lb. dog who hikes in the muck with me! And each day I am like Mary Magdalene washing those paws before he comes in the house. (The dog seems to be getting used to the royal treatment. He now stops at front door and waits for me to clean him all up!!) And I told the kids, until family comes, treat the house like a museum: look, but don't touch!!

Little does h know that I have already told my sisters that h is going through a "special time" in his life and unless they have Ebola suits in hand, it's best to use my bathroom or the bathroom of two pre-teen boys!!!

One sister comes in 2 days so it's down to the wire for that bathroom to be cleaned. Oh, and get this. Speaking of his bathroom, he took his bath mat and stuck it on a broom handle and left that outside the front door!!! So trashy! I will take a pic of that. My h used to have such house pride. He really liked things to look good. Well, at least he is trying with those plants.

I have contemplated sticking the wedding photo in the lush leaves of the plant. Come on!! How funny would that be?

Me 41, H 47, M 15 yrs, S11, S13
BD 1: 11/4/14 we work on it; really I pretzel myself
BD 2: 3/31/15 H goes down to "dorm room"
8/15: H back to MBR
10/15: H back in dorm room
1/18: H files, now divorced
job Offline
OMG! Where did he stay when he went away last week? Maybe that's where he got the idea of the plants? Maybe he is trying to tell you and the world that he is tired of living in a "hotel/motel" room. LOL! He really wants you and everyone else to see what he's contributed to the redecorating of his space.

I wouldn't touch his bathroom w/a ten foot pole! Yuck! I can't believe he left that bath mat on a broom handle and left it outside the front door. I can just imagine what your next door neighbor will think. That's trashy! But it's a first for this forum! LOL! Definitely take photos for when you need a good laugh.

I'm glad you warned your sisters about his special time. It's going to get interesting and it will be hard not to laugh if he gets nutty. It's going to a visit for the record books. Who knows...he might be proud of his dorm room and invite them in to see it.

BTW, I'm the same way about my home, i.e., having things nice and clean for guests. So, I do understand what you are saying. I'm surprised he hasn't made a mess just to bait you into a heated discussion.

Again, it's going to be interesting and I surely would love to be a fly on that wall when your family arrives and has been there just a day or so. I wish you all the best because you do not know what he'll say or do, but that is on him.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
S
S
Maybe the mat on the broom is a kind of welcome scarecrow?

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
H
HaWho Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I did prepare one sister (the one like me, who can't keep a poker face) that there is an artificial Christmas tree in the dorm room. She joked she will bring ornaments to hang on it.

We always find something to laugh about but we won't need much help on this front if he just acts like he normally does.

A day after I called him out on his MLC retail binge therapy, he told me we would never save any money because I spend too much on potato chips?!? Yeah, potato chips--that's REALLY what makes a dent in our savings, not a new car and a frat boy trip all in the same week. Umm, I would have to buy the whole Ruffles factory worth of chips to catch up with his spending. He is grasping at straws with that one.

I wish I could transcribe every bizarre interaction with him. I have decided I will make a MLC photo album. So far, I have the dorm room, the stinky bathroom, the dying poinsettia, the tropical plants, the lit up artificial Christmas tree and the mat on the broom handle (right outside the front door). I regret not getting a pic of the pots he threw away. I have thought about including some of our text conversations too, as there is some gold in dem der hills.

Aw well, something funnier may just come along . . .

H
HaWho Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Sotto - ahh interesting. Or wait a second. Maybe displaying a mat on the broom handle is the Mezuzah of the MLC world?

job Offline
Oh, I could really have some fun w/this man/child. I would go out and purchase large quantities of potato chips (in the small lunch serving bags) and have them sitting around in bowls and see how long it would take him to chow down on them. I'm sure he eats his fair share of chips in the home.

What's any more costly then large plants! Oh, be sure to take a photo of the price stickers on those plants and do a cost comparison to your potato chip purchases.

He really is outdoing himself and I can't help but shake my head and laugh. Don't be surprised if your sister brings ornaments for his tree and his plants. Gosh...I can't wait to see how he is around your family. They will have a lot to talk about.

I think the man/child has lost the plot! LOL!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
S
S
Talking of photos, I had a cull of some of mine from my phone - and deleted the one of H is his mesh T-shirt. That pic for me (taken as the A was in full swing) epitomises his MLC for me and I decided I didn't need it any longer.

It's a good job you can have a laugh with your family about his antics. Hopefully you'll be generous with the bowls of chips during their visit?

Xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
H
HaWho Offline OP
OP Offline
H
You two crack me up!!

Sotto - I don't blame you one bit for purging that photo. Awful. I am wincing for him. Geez.

Job - love the idea of individual portions of chips scattered around the house.

When my sisters come and he is in the room, I will put one potato chip on a plate, grab a knife and ask who would like a piece.

OMG HaWho, plants outside the door. I LOL when I read that one.

I'm sorry you've reached the "It's time to do for me" stage. If he behaves anything like my H did, be prepared for him to get very self-serving and selfish.

I'm with Job. Don't engage him when he's itching for a fight. It sounds like he's looking for (or trying to create) excuses to justify his behavior. Don't give them to him.

Hugs to you!

Me: 59 and holding
H: :53
Me: 1 S, 1 D, both grown
M: 19
T: 23
BD: 9-23-2013
E
E
HaWho with all the "material" your H is providing you can write a comedy, sitcom, or something of the kind! Then again I think it is your take on things that is funny, he is simply pathetic. I haven't got as much experience as others here so I'm easily amused, my H is at the "early" stages, nothing as dramatic as your man/child.

I hope you have a good time with your family, and he controls his crazy while you gave guests

"There's nothing sadder than a conman conning himself"

“There is freedom waiting for you,
On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask "What if I fall?"
Oh but my darling,
What if you fly?”

-Erin Hanson

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard