Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Z
Zephyr Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Hey all, feeling a bit raggedy this am.

We got home from nevada thursday night, o had to run right away to soccer practice, groceries, gym then do some follow up with taxes.

Yesterday had to go in to work early to make sure a project got finished...then went to a kickboxing class that wife set up for us to try. Holy Hell was that a rough go.

It is putting into perspective something that is bugging me. I have been doing all of this fitness crap but at times it seems like i am going through the motions. I am going to relook at what my fitness goals are and restructure to figure out first off what i want & what is my motivation, then decide on a course to make that happen.

I often wonder if that is who i am, lazy a$$ who just go through the motions and hope for the best...food for my thoughts.

M - 40's
W - 30's
Two Sons
Living together
R
R
You have had a lot on your plate. It is normal to be run down at times. Sometimes you sound like your activities for example the gym are obligations rather than choices. Early on in this process maybe you should have committed to go regardless. At this stage you have a very active life so I would encourage you to drop the stuff that is not really serving you, but don't take up couch surfing again!

Fitness is not crap and people who aren't sporty are not necessarily lazy asses. Interesting choice of words..........

R 25 years
M 14 years
S11 & S13
Working on it alone since Oct 2014
M in trouble a lot earlier (~2 years)
Feb 2016. 1st R chat in a yr.
Next R chat Aug'17
Still together
V
V
Zephyr, you can do too much activity. With extreme care of self, you also have rest and other important things for your uber nutrition, sleep, meditation to repair the body.

It requires balance.

In some ways to kick start activity we go too far. That is ok.

I agree it seems time to rebalance.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

Z
Zephyr Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Balance - yes.
This is a topic ive been working on in my head. Too much stuff for everyone else...too many commitments, need to carve time to be me, right?

The excersize comments...i guess that didnt come off quite right. I dont believe it is a bad thing at all...it is a huge part of my life, my self-empowerment and my improving health. I was in lots of pain from the kickboxing class and frustrated with myself that although ive been making the effort to go and do all of the excersize and visits and such, i was feeling sorry for myaelf that i felt undesirable still.

The physical fitness, to me it is 'to each thier own'. Personally i usually feel empowered during or after a workout. After my derby practice yesterday morning, I felt great about myself. I was able to compete with veteran skaters, pick up pointers from them and build technique all in the same motions. All while still feeling sore from friday.

I will see what i can do for balance to make sure i am not overextending myself. I know part of that is setting more precise goals with fitness.

Thank you for helping me keep to my path.

M - 40's
W - 30's
Two Sons
Living together
V
V
I agree it is envigorating.

That isn't my point.

For every season, the body needs rest and recouperation as much as it needs stressing.

Muscle growth happens not on the contraction but on the extension

You know this already.

V

V 64, WAW

R
R
Hope there is some Z time in your weekend.Have a good one.

R 25 years
M 14 years
S11 & S13
Working on it alone since Oct 2014
M in trouble a lot earlier (~2 years)
Feb 2016. 1st R chat in a yr.
Next R chat Aug'17
Still together
V
V
I am still waiting for you to ask to look inwards at this FOO, it's ok to say I am having attention focused on it from elsewhere. I really think it will help you.

I am thinking about you waiting to take the parachute jump of your life to health and healing and venturing to the opening door and pulling back.

V

V 64, WAW

Z
Zephyr Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Thanks roiste, fun weekend so far.

Thursday had kids birthday party with thier friends.

Friday jumped out of work a bit early and went roller skating with wife for an hour before we had a gaming group on friday night.

Saturday coached s11 soccer game the i went to a buddys house for an afternoon of games and beer. Got home and went to dinner with family.

Today is derby practice, this afternoon i have to take son to another soccer game.

Loving it.
Thank you for checking on me!

M - 40's
W - 30's
Two Sons
Living together
C
C

Me-70, D37,S36
Z
Zephyr Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Is that why my post was placed on moderation?

Message recieved. I will not mention other books or authors or how to find them anymore.

M - 40's
W - 30's
Two Sons
Living together
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard