Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
C
CWOL Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I'm planning to join a gym once we get through the move out.
I'm debating whether to go to a personal trainer or join some type of CrossFit program. Do you guys have any recommendations?
Also spend whatever time I have with S11 with his baseball training.

Me-LBH, 48
Spouse-WW, 48
Married for 19 years
Son, 12
BD #1 - November 1998 (EA 7 months after wedding)
BD #2 - November 2015 (same XBF EA)
WW filed D February 2016
WW moved out April 2016
V
V
Personal trainer if you can afford one. Cross fit thingy is not bad either. The main thing is to get your ass in gear, one way or the other...

Stay strong buddy...

D
DDJ Offline
D
I was thinking of the gym too, but then after reading BluWave, I don't know if i'm doing it for me, or to try and get her back.

I do love driving though, so plan to take a long scenic drive around our coast tomorrow afternoon, stop somewhere, have lunch and enjoy the views. I need to find myself... find myself away from my WW.

Just cos things are going right, doesn't mean that they were always wrong.
V
V
Look buddy, physical excercise is good for you on sooooo many levels, do not preoccupy yourself if you are doing it for her or you. Just do it and STFU about contemplation...

D
DDJ Offline
D
Lol - ok i got it. I need to have more excuses to get out of the house and leave her at home to look after her son. Gotta focus on GAL! It will definitely help me sleep better.

Just cos things are going right, doesn't mean that they were always wrong.
S
S
Vapo is right. My W is a personal trainer and I could give a crap about any kind of workouts. Once I discovered her A, I started going to the gym FOR HER - trying to win her back. Once I got into a grove and we started going together, I realized I like going with or without her. Now I'm at a point where I actually prefer going without her because I like to work out at my own pace, whereas she's hardcore and wants to blow through exercises.

Just doing exercise helps you sleep, which helps you focus. My gym workouts are now at least 6x a week with one day of downtime. I will NOT miss one workout. The ironic thing is: Since I've been sticking to MY routine, my W has decided to up her level to try to compete with me. Funny how 9 weeks ago I could barely do a push up, now I can almost out run her. You have no idea what this does to my ego.

I see actual results. I've lost over 20 lbs, I've gained muscle, and I look hot. Don't talk about joining the gym. DO IT TODAY. That's what I did. I drove by the gym on the way home after finding out about the A, turned around, pulled in the lot, and signed up right on the spot. I worked out in my work clothes the first time, lol.

Me: 52
Her: 48
2D 26 & 16
M: 25 years (together 30)
EA/discovered by accident Valentines day 2016
Admitted SOME physical but no IC.
We know that's a lie.
Status - tryin to R
G
GWH Offline
G
Originally Posted By: CWOL
I'm planning to join a gym once we get through the move out.
I'm debating whether to go to a personal trainer or join some type of CrossFit program. Do you guys have any recommendations?
Also spend whatever time I have with S11 with his baseball training.
I work out by myself at home. Already have all the equipment i need. The only thing i want to start up again that i haven't yet is martial arts.

C
CWOL Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I used to work out at home too, had a full weight set. But I found that it was hard to motivate myself to do it consistently. Besides, the goal is to GAL and get out of the house, right?

Me-LBH, 48
Spouse-WW, 48
Married for 19 years
Son, 12
BD #1 - November 1998 (EA 7 months after wedding)
BD #2 - November 2015 (same XBF EA)
WW filed D February 2016
WW moved out April 2016
G
GWH Offline
G
Yes, but i use music to motivate me. Also the reason for me wanting to get back into martial arts.

S
S
Originally Posted By: CWOL
I used to work out at home too, had a full weight set. But I found that it was hard to motivate myself to do it consistently. Besides, the goal is to GAL and get out of the house, right?

YES x infinity. I found being home made me more depressed. Getting out gets you into a group setting. Group settings - you watch what other guys are doing and learn from them. I could honestly stay at the gym 5-6 hours now if I had the time. You'll eventually build friendships - I'm not at that point yet, but I do address the help by first names and since I'm a regular, they know my name. Eventually I'd like to join a workout group and start running with them.

Me: 52
Her: 48
2D 26 & 16
M: 25 years (together 30)
EA/discovered by accident Valentines day 2016
Admitted SOME physical but no IC.
We know that's a lie.
Status - tryin to R
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard