Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
H
HaWho Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Hi AJM!!! So good to hear from you! And I am glad my life can offer you some comic relief.

Great MLC fashion advice. He can wear the smoking jacket (complete with velvet elbow patches) and smoke up like a chimney in his stinky 10 x 12 dorm room. LOL!!

Me 41, H 47, M 15 yrs, S11, S13
BD 1: 11/4/14 we work on it; really I pretzel myself
BD 2: 3/31/15 H goes down to "dorm room"
8/15: H back to MBR
10/15: H back in dorm room
1/18: H files, now divorced
B
B
Hey HaWho, it was a weird comment about the children (wanting more)… I read an article about an island in Greece and the millennials living there about 2 or 3 years ago. Yes, along with healthy eating, flexible time (no stress related to be at work on time, etc…), they also have a strong community support. They do visit with each other on a regular basis. I also read about the statistics about married vs. single men. Married men do live longer.

I hope you enjoy your time with the friend this weekend!

M:50
H:52
S28 (my S from previous marriage)
M:17 + 3
BD: 06/12
S: 06/12 - H works in another state
K
Kyh Offline
K
Originally Posted By: HaWho

Great MLC fashion advice. He can wear the smoking jacket (complete with velvet elbow patches) and smoke up like a chimney in his stinky 10 x 12 dorm room. LOL!!

OMG, my w had a smoking jacket for her mlc smoking stint but no elbow patches! We could add it to the mlc calendar LOL.

H
HaWho Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Kyh - too funny! I love the idea of the MLC fashion calendar. Was it Irish's idea?!? I am particularly dying to see Mleigh's h's bedazzled jeans and that bizarre outfit Sotto described. I know Kyh described some choice t-shirts, too. My h has not been an outlandish dresser. So, to identify him, I'll take a pic of him in a pile of all his supplements.

And the obsession with aging continues. H got together with an old buddy. He came home and showed me a pic of the guy and said: "look how old he is! He's lost his baby face!!"

The guy is 50 and hasn't had his baby face in the 15 years I have known him. So I assume h is stuck somewhere in the past where he remembers him from when they were boys?!? Weird. Anyway, I thought the guy looked great. Yes, he's aged but he had a great smile and that familiar glimmer in his eyes. He seems to be aging with grace vs. going into it like a cat into the bath.

Today h's Friday peekout expanded. He texted and asked if we all wanted to grab dinner tonight. I said sure and we had a nice night. Not too noteworthy except that he did ask me one question about myself. I would have to look back in my threads to see when he last asked about me in order to see how much time has passed. I suspect it's been at least 2 months?!? It was a question about my tennis and the season has been over for almost a month so it's been quite some time.

And also, there were a few times tonight h laughed. It was nice to see. The kids have this running joke about the dog. They have created a ridiculous voice for him and use it frequently. H has been annoyed by it as anything funny is taboo in MLC. So they have the dog saying all sorts of things like: "why am I a family dog? I should be herding cattle not playing with a squeaky pig." And today, h said: "you know I always found this annoying but today, I see it's funny." It was always very entertaining.

Tomorrow I get together with a childhood friend I haven't seen in 10 years. Yikes! I'll come back and, in true MLC style, report how very old she looks. Kids have some activities so I'll be busy with that. And I made friends with a new woman who invited me over to have lunch and play Mah Jong with her and her friends. I am looking forward to it.

M
M
I love the MLC calendar idea. There have been some very interesting fashion changes here! My H and his bedazzled jeans....cracks me up....thankfully he wears long shirts that covers the designer back pockets, but I still get a glimpse here and there when he wrestles with S or dog. I always think of you guys, makes me smile smile

Your poor H is really terrified with aging. I honestly think many men get more handsome as they age. My own H being one of them. I wish I knew a way to ease your H fear. I guess that is part of what he needs to work through?

Sounds like you have a nice weekend planned. Enjoy!

Me 48 H 46 S 11
M 2004
BD 8/13
H moved out 2/15
-live in the present, enjoy the beauty around and within you, explore your new future-
K
kml Offline
K
I forget who it was, but somebody here once had a husband who took to wearing a raspberry beret during his MLC. I couldn't help but hum the Prince song every time I read her thread!

B
B
kml, it was "wishing, hoping"'s xh who was wearing a raspberry beret.

M:50
H:52
S28 (my S from previous marriage)
M:17 + 3
BD: 06/12
S: 06/12 - H works in another state
H
HaWho Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Well, the calendar cover winner would have to be Melweb's h in that thong. Not sure anyone can top that.

M
M
lmao...I can assure you no one wants to see my "short,chubby, depressed" H in his thong.

Me 47 H 49 S18 S15
M 21
BD #1 11/09/15 ILYBNILY
I believe we are Piecing 1/2/16
Suspect EA/PA? 2/28/16
BD #2 "He tried, but needs passion." 2/28/16
Confirm PA 3/11/16, he's leaving in June
H leaves 5/7/16
A
AJM Offline
A
OMG, I totally forgot about the raspberry beret!! And the thong or middle aged men in bedazzled jeans...ewww.

And no, HW your life doesn't provide me with comic relief. The world is a stage and there are plenty of people right in my own little world that can, and often do provide me with amusement. When they're busy, I have plenty to laugh at myself about. I would not do that to you at this time in your journey.

Ask me later though, and I'll be happy to laugh at or with you. Until then, just with you is all I can offer. smile

I'm off to find a prince album..

AJ

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" MLK
Put the glass down...
"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard