Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
O
O
So how is it going so far anything new to report. OLW

W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Hi OLW, yes I have an update. I received an email from W's attorney this past Monday asking me for some financial information. I am assuming that W's attorney is preparing a Stipulated Divorce agreement, rather than a Summons and Petition - b/c she asked for information that goes into a Final Agreement and not the initial Petition.

S14 continues to stay with me. But he stays for an hour after school at W's place. S14 complained that on Monday he went straight to his room, but om elbowed him in the ribs on his way to his room. W sat with s14 in the condo lobby yesterday which s14 explained was just to keep om away from him. Sigh.

I have more doctor's appointments in the next week. I pray that they can figure out (diagnose and treat) what's going on in my body.

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
M
M
Wet,

Just keep moving forward and being the rock for him. If there is any way to get him out of staying at your W's for an hour do it.

I understand when you have medical issues it just makes it more difficult on you.

Take care of yourself.

Mirage

W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Here is a Friday Lawyer joke?

The following altercation was captured by court security cameras in Viera, Florida:

Public defender Andrew Weinstock refuses to waive the right to a speedy trial for his client.

Weinstock’s refusal enrages Brevard County Judge John Murphy, who tells Weinstock,

“If I had a rock I would throw it at you right now. Stop pissing me off. Just sit down.”

Judge Murphy then threatens Weinstock, “If you want to fight, let’s go out back and I’ll beat your ass,” and both men walk out of the courtroom. According to Florida Today,

Judge Murphy grabbed Weinstock by the collar and started hitting him in the head as soon as they were outside the courtroom. Moments later, members of the court’s audience start clapping. Judge Murphy can then be heard saying, “There’s probably going to be a change over in personnel.”

No charges have been filed related to the fight, although the Florida Bar has opened a file on the case. Judge Murphy took a leave of absence, and his cases were reassigned.

-buzzfeed.com

(Could this just as well have been last night’s GOP debate!!)

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Well, the divorce battle is one. I sent a response email to W's attorney a couple of days ago. W must have received it today, b/c she was angry and went thru point by point what I put in the email, and disagreed with everything.

On custody of s14, W made an unusual comment - "yes, he can live with you now. But in May he will come back to living with me." I was too slow on the switch to ask her what she meant.

I claim W took some money from d19's education account of which I was custodian. I gave W a check to pay d19's private school tuition, and none of it was paid to the school. I ended up having to agree to a payment plan in order for d19's transcript to be released to her college. W took a significant amount of $$$.

So I told W's atty she had to re-pay this money back. W had no idea what I was talking about, but this was the start of W's MLC, and after she allegedly took the money, she 'mysteriously' had a new wardrobe, large screen tv, and lotsa spending money for a trip to Mexico she took.

I told W that she did not spend a dime on d19's tuition, and she got defensive. W had told me she had to spend $1k of it to put food on the table.

W then accused me of "dragging my feet" on the divorce, and that she just wants this to be done. I told her I responded in 2 days to her attorney's email and that I gave her all the information she asked for, and that the ball was now in her court.

I don't like fighting with W, but the custody of s14 is something I am willing to go to the mat on. S14 hates om and om hates s14. This will not be resolved anytime soon. I was cold and direct with W with my responses.

S14 is away on a long weekend field trip for a Spanish village for his Spanish class. I am kinda glad to have a weekend to myself.

W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I had spinal fusion surgery this past Saturday. And guess what was waiting for me when I went home? W's attorney divorce Petition waiting for me.

W is seeking full physical custody for s14. He has been staying with W when I was in the hospital.

The surgery went well. I will try and get s14 living with me in the next day or two.

V
V
Hang on buddy...

C
C
Hang in there Wet, she is hitting spin cycle

M: 48
W: 47
M16 T26-S8
BD Sept13

K
K
He is old enough to decide for himself I believe. She only wants him for the money she would get for having him. It is all so sad.
Funny how even now my kids will toss gems my way about being the head of the family and how I've kept us together.

It isn't easy. I am sure the girls are glad to be away from it. Just keep doing what is best for your son. He needs you now more than ever.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Here is the Friday Lawyer smile - it's an oldie but a goodie:

A lawyer, a used car salesman, and a banker all gathered by a coffin containing the body of an old friend. In his grief, one of the three said, “In my family, we have a custom of giving the dead some money, so they’ll have something to spend over there.”

They all agreed that this was appropriate.

The banker dropped a hundred dollar bill into the casket, and the car salesman did the same.

The lawyer took out the bills and wrote a check for $300. grin

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard