Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
job Offline
I'm glad your sons gave you flowers. I'm sure you and the boys had a nice breakfast. It's the little things that we will remember in the years to come that the children do for us. Treasure those moments.

Don't beat yourself up over asking for a kiss. We all take a step backwards during this journey. Now, you know not to ask again. So, continue moving forward and let it go.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
T
tfish08 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
H keeps sending me randomn memes and texts. I reply back after a bit with a few funny ones. He is going to a wedding this weekend and I hate that I will not be there.. but then again I am always the DD for a bunch of drunk Marines and would rather be home snuggling my minis. I do not like that he can just up and leave like that...then again I feel sadness for him. He is trying to relive his youth and missing out on being part of his son's youth. This whole weekend thing and no calls for them is not being a good father. I showed him the adhd diagnosis and sensory processing disorder diagnoses and he just tossed them over like he could care less. When H came over he had a nasty cough and now my s11 has it . Off to the drs again . My H used to complain about his dad not being around for him and now he is behaving the same way. It is freakish how they turn into everything they used to hate. Oh well enough about him...I just got my S6 Kinder graduation pics and they are adorable. His gown is red and my S17 is also red. Kinda weird to have a son graduating high school and one graduating kinder. My boys are so sweet .. every night they tell me I am the bestest mom and they love me most times infinity times infinity times infinity.
As for me I wake up and name the things I am grateful for. It puts things into perspective. My H basically has handed my boys over to me. I have this gift of time with them and while it is tiring at times I would not give up those nightly kisses and snuggles for anything. I am grateful that I have been able to shield them from alot

T
tfish08 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I think I have been replaced by a dog..yes you read that correct. My H is in love with who is going to be his service dog. Everything he does now revolves around her. He texts my sister to check on what shots he needs to get her.
How sad it is to feel that my H has more love for this dog than for his S's and Me?
I need perspective...I feel stagnant

N
Nel Offline
N
Wow, I said this exact same thing! "I think I've been replaced by a dog!" My H got a dog just before Christmas and he also was showing him some love...cuddling with him, sleeping with him. He wouldn't sleep with me, but he would sleep with his dog. That make me feel about an inch high. Yuck.

Me: 51 H:50
M: 28 years T: 31 years
4 Ds: 24, 22, 19, 17
BD Jan 2013
D filed Feb 2015
Papers pulled Aug 2015
D re-filed Jan 2016
T
tfish08 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Prayers needed: My H is staying with me next week. It is to help with the boys while he is on spring break. He will be staying in his own room with his dog(0_0). Pray that he doesn't get to me.. this man knows how to push my buttons. He offered and the boys were excited. I am scared to scare him away. I still feel like I am on eggshells and I hate this feeling. I need help detaching again

job Offline
Go back and re-read the detachment thread at the top of the MLC Forum. That should help you quite a bit. If you feel yourself being sucked back into the drama, walk away, find something to do, go to another room, etc. Since you are aware that he knows how to push buttons, I would suggest that you can be civil, but distance yourself a bit by the suggestions I have provided to you.

Take care of yourself.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
T
tfish08 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I will print it out and put it next to my bed and read it over and over and sneak on here if I am about to lose it. I have a feeling I might be logging in quite a few miles on the treadmill during that week lol. I am glad he is reconnecting a bit with the boys. They miss daddy. A little miffed that he let them stay up Sat night and on sunday they were done. They feel asleep early and stuggled to wake up for school.
I did note something interesting, He was supposed to help S with his project over the weekend. Did not get done. H said well S8 wanted to stay up and play 0_0 ummm who is the adult?
He went to the store to get some supplies and made sure I knew they were for S8 and not for me lol. My sister and I helped S with his project and after H was long gone she treated me to a strawberry cheesecake shake for putting up with H.

T
tfish08 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I am so angry today. I get a call from s school saying my S is not cooperating and not doing any work that he has shut down. I know why..He doesn't like the shirt he had to wear as thing 1 for school.
Had to disconnect from a client and run with a new shirt to the school. I spoke to S talked about listening and being a good kid He is now happy since he switch out his shirt. My H doesn't deal with these situations. He doesn't see any of this. He doesn't call them to check on them. I hate that I have such a mindless zombie for an H. It makes me so sad for my S that any little thing can ruin his morning

P
P
Your sister sounds great..Lucky to have a caring sibling

some kids are sensitive..some things make them feel uncomfortable
My 14 year old son doesn't like lint on his black pants so he rolls it off with a tape brush
that stuff would nt bother me on my pants, but it does him?
My D was sensitive mostly to noise ..its there makeup and I found it helpful to go with it and just try to be there for her

I can relate ..it used to bother me that my XH was so uncaring to their needs during MLC
when my son had asthma and needed treatments during the night, i was on my own
xh wouldn't respond to calls

married 14 years
H 42
bomb 2/07 IDLYA
D final 3 /09
M ow D ow
T
tfish08 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
He never showed Sons were expecting him and he flaked on them. Not replying to a message or calling in over a week. He was supposed to come stay over this week and help. After flaking fri .. I left him alone on sat. then I invited him over for dinner ...no reply...radio silence..The boys keep asking for dad. What do I say? they saw me text him ?

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard