Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
I
I
Me neither! I feel my sitch looks bleaker every day. H is very good at DBing - he's a master at going dark and doing 180s and he hasn't even read the book!

I really thought the trigger would fade for me in time but when the person you sit in a room with has to have their phone on their knee the whole time and takes it with them to the bathroom and has to answer every text instantly, it is hard to not think there is something going on. Wish I had something positive to say about it but all I know is life was sweeter before technology invaded my home.

M-43 H-42
S-11 D-7
T-19 yrs
M-15 yrs
Bombshell 9/17/15
Sep - 11/9/15
N
N
Rain, seriously. I think I started my advice on your page. It's worth another look for your situation specifically. Sometimes vague is all you can be.

11/4/15 W revealed EA/2 months later became PA with co-worker
Reconciling since late April 2016
Don't give up until it's time, then move on
Be patient, strong and kind but never a doormat
N
N
Originally Posted By: inpain
Wish I had something positive to say about it but all I know is life was sweeter before technology invaded my home.

I completely agree with you, inpain. On the other hand, if they do have to take it with them to the bathroom, it's a pretty good clue something's going on that they don't want us to know about. Unfortunately, those of us who trust(ed) our spouses let it happen right under our noses. But I do hope we can all get back to a point of trust.

R
Rain75 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: NYGal
Rain, seriously. I think I started my advice on your page. It's worth another look for your situation specifically. Sometimes vague is all you can be.

On this thread?

R
Rain75 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: inpain
Me neither! I feel my sitch looks bleaker every day. H is very good at DBing - he's a master at going dark and doing 180s and he hasn't even read the book!

I really thought the trigger would fade for me in time but when the person you sit in a room with has to have their phone on their knee the whole time and takes it with them to the bathroom and has to answer every text instantly, it is hard to not think there is something going on. Wish I had something positive to say about it but all I know is life was sweeter before technology invaded my home.

I remember when the phone was permanently attached to XF. Now it's a lot less. A lot. But nowhere what it was before. The man barely ever had his phone once he was home.

I hope NYGal is right and that we can all, one day, have trust again. That would be lovely.

N
N
4 Rain, lay it on me. MB finds it interesting and so she did. She always has good advice. Do I need to drive down there again? LOL.

I
I
It would indeed be lovely if we could all get back to a place of trust Rain! My WAH now says that he is reading the news on his phone when he sees me look pained at him being on it. These days it pains me more that he comes round to spend time with our children yet all he does the whole time he's here is sit looking at his phone. Wow. Quality time with the children who miss you so much.

M-43 H-42
S-11 D-7
T-19 yrs
M-15 yrs
Bombshell 9/17/15
Sep - 11/9/15
R
R
Welcome to my world IP, when I drop kids all they do is watch TV with their dad or when they spend the day with him, he always takes them to someone with kids!

R
R
Now what about GAL together: we could either each of us see a movie and report back here or we cook something and share it. How about that?

N
N
Can we all meet in Paris? S'il vous plait, Rouky?

Let's NOT see the movie Carol. These two women fall in love, go on a road trip, (Cate Blanchett is the married one), and consummate their A on New Years Eve in a hotel somewhere out west. Sounds too much like W and ow. Everyone in the theater was loving the sex scene, I'm sure. I was crying so hard the whole row was shaking with my sobs. Embarrassing!

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard