Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
G
G8r Offline
G
Making eye contact is a great skill to havehave and your W would be a great person for you to practice it. Just be careful not to over extend the eye contact. Too much eye contact can be seen as intimidating or attempting to intimidate. You can also practice on yourself in the mirror.

I like reading your posts because you have so many ideas for self improvement or so it seems to me. Stay strong and thanks for the support earlier today.

Me:44 W:38
T:10.5 M:7.5
D:3
BD: 7/2015
W moves out of MBR: 9/2015
WW files for D: 2/8/2016
T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
So I saw a fb friend post one of those put in your name a get a random thing things. This one was what is your bible verse for 2016. I did it and got this

You will go out in joy and be lead forth in peace. Isaiah 55:12

Then this underneath.

The Lord is with you! 2016 is going to be a great year for you and your family. This Bible verse will always be by your side in 2016, and will help you out in difficult situations. All you have to do is trust in God's word! Then you and those closest to you will remain happy and healthy.

Reading back further in Isaiah helps explain it better, from what I understand and take it as is if you put your faith and trust in God you will enjoy the joy and peace of his promises to us even through the trials and tribulations.

The person that you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so make yourself as interesting as possible.
-
-
Tyler, I bet it felt good to finally get some of the pictures and things put away so you wouldn't have to see them, and to get wife's stuff packed and back to her. You're doing a great job. Some days will be harder than others, but the hard parts get just a little less hard as time goes on. Keep it up, you'll get there. Glad you had a good visit with your boys. It's as important for them as it is for you.

M:45 H:48
M:11
No kids
BD:Sept'15
EA:Confirmed 1wk later
PA: Oct'15
12 '15 2 wk R
Just kidding, H wants NC
12 '15 H back w/OW
4 '15 R &still working on it
S
S
Quote:
Making eye contact is a great skill to havehave and your W would be a great person for you to practice it. Just be careful not to over extend the eye contact. Too much eye contact can be seen as intimidating or attempting to intimidate. You can also practice on yourself in the mirror.

I have meant to comment on the eye contacting, also. Not just to you, but to all LBH'S in general. If you over-kill, it will look creepy. Let me give a few comparisons. Say you are reading the morning newspaper at the breakfast table and she starts talking to you. That is the time to put the paper aside (or at least, look over the top) and look at her while she's speaking. If both of you are cleaning up the kitchen and she's gather plates and cleaning off the table while you are washing up the dishes.........don't completely stop the dish washing or whatever you're doing and turn around to look at her every time she says something. That would be a little freaky, IMO. B/c both of you would be working on the same project and causually chatting. You would continue working, while glancing her way a few times, maybe nodd your head so that she knows you are listening. IOW, try to keep it natural.

Now, if you were the only one in the kitchen cleaning up, and she came into the room to obviously have a conversation about something, and she was being respectful, then you could stop your job and look at her until she was through with the conversation. If she was just walking through the room and sort of throwing a statement at you, I don't think it calls for you to immediately stop everything to try to look deep into her eyes. You might glance her way, and if she keeps walking, you continue with your work. Does this make sense?

You have to stay balanced with this stuff or you wil come across as physco weird.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
It did feel good to put things away. And move more of her stuff out.
Still working on a couple things tho. I put the box of stuff in her trunk and was expecting her to say something when she u packed it. Like thanks or why or anything. And I was a bit frustrated she didn't. The. I realized. I shouldn't and don't care. Also I drive a bit further to drop off the boys than she did as she worked late. She did the same Friday and I said thanks for that. She didn't thank me. I still do things expecting responses from people

Doing things for people shouldn't always have strings attached. I feel good I returned the favour. That's enough. Do I need to know I did a good thing giving her a box of stuff? No. It felt good to me. That's enough.

As for the eye contact it's something I have to work in not just with W but life in general. I have always noticed I have trouble keeping eye contact. It makes me uncomfortable. At the same time it makes me feel the person may not trust what I am saying and that bothers me too.
Something I need to work on is all. For today tho my focus is on school and studying tonight. I have an important test tomorrow and I am going to rock it!

The person that you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so make yourself as interesting as possible.
M
M
Tyler,

I want to tell you that you and I have a lot in common. I don't want to go too far into it but I'm going to just hope to all hopes that you're a Flames fan and not the other one wink

I haven't been home in a while(came stateside for school, got married and stayed) but I'm glad you're focusing on going back to school. Looks like things aren't good.

I've had lots of buddies that have had to give up their toys because they couldn't make the payments after their rigs lost the work and my dad's going to be forced to retire early AND his company stock is in the toilet to boot.

As far as your sitch goes, Hang in there and ride this thing out!! It gets harder until it can't, then it gets easier!

K
K
Tyler i've done the same this weekend. Walls are bare. I went onto Ebay and ordered some canvas wall art of a lighthouse. A reminder to one of the posts on here using the light house as a metaphor.
It felt symbolic and refreshing moving WW stuff to a place I didn't see it or have it amongst mine or my boys things.

me45,W43 S9,S5
T15yrs M10yrs
BD 4/07/15
W wants D 4/07/15
W filed 8/05/15
D petition arrived 21/12/15 Merry xmas,
W,S5 S9 moved out 5/2/16
T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I can't say I'm a flames fan mowgli. I am more of a oiler fan. It's not easy tho. I enjoy hockey. I tend to follow it a bit. More the management end than the points end. If I watch a game I am at it. Have better things to do than sit and watch a game.
I am slowly making the house my own I guess. It's not easy. I'm the grand scheme of things we have been separated 3 months. But in reality only a week. Living together made things seem not as real. Now it's so quiet at the house. It bothers me. I have to have music going or be doing something or I get depressed and start going crazy.

I guess the nice thing about my trade is the recession that Alberta is facing doesn't effect me as hard. Being a mechanic people tend to fix things rather than replace. It's definitely slower but people that can fix things are more in demand. I guess we will see how things shake out.

K
K
I'm English, am in the UK. I am a mechanic. I still play vets hockey when I can and follow Dallas Stars !
I am stuck between making the house 'my own' as it is likely I will have to sell but I am going to make it as different as I can.
I'm lining up a weekends DIY when she has finaly moves her stuff out and have told my boys to choose what ever colour scheme they want....as long as it's Star Wars. Little things with the radio on is helping quite a lot..

me45,W43 S9,S5
T15yrs M10yrs
BD 4/07/15
W wants D 4/07/15
W filed 8/05/15
D petition arrived 21/12/15 Merry xmas,
W,S5 S9 moved out 5/2/16
M
M
Since you said you've read the book, what ways have you changed for the better?

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard