Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I would love to make these things for myself! I need a coffee table end tables night stands and a toy box. I'm sure I could find a tree to cut down. It's easier for me to buy the wood. Haha. I don't have the wood working tools to build these tho. But making these things by hand would be great hobby to pick up. As a mechanic I like working with my hands. It wouldn't hurt to look into courses and see how I can get myself started in this

The person that you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so make yourself as interesting as possible.
T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Today is turning out to be a rough day for missing W. I have the boys and they are very distracting and we are having fun. Just can't shake W out of my head today. I miss her

The person that you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so make yourself as interesting as possible.
T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I know I need to keep putting on a happy face. I know I can't talk to her. I know I can't talk to her family about her. The thought just keeps creeping through my head to ask her sister or mom if they know how she is doing.
That is not following the rules tho.
I would be doing it in hopes to hear she is miserable. Misses me. Anything positive.
Anything the other way would make it worse I know. So it's best to leave it alone. Assume she is having the best day of her life. That I am the furthest thing from her mind. And that I need to do the same.

P
P
Hey Tyler,

I hear the pain there. Been through that stage myself. I would not do it. Right at BD, I contacted WW's best friend. Terrible idea. It showed my pursuit first of all. Second, I did not hear anything that I really wanted to hear and just felt worse as you predict. Third, my WW was infuriated that I contacted her friend behind her back. Just let it be.

I would not assume she is having the best day of her life. When I think of WW, I think she could be having the best day of her life, she could be completely miserable, or anywhere in between. I just honestly have no idea and it seems like you do not either. So why assume anything?

Go do something to take your mind off of her for a few if you can. Some pushups work for me.

T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
No, I'm not going to call anyone. Before DB I did everything wrong and was in constant contact with her mother, sisters. Friends snooping and it all bit me in the ass. It set me back further than I was at the beginning.
So for now I work on me and my boys.

E
E
Knowing this early stage all too well unfortunately, I would expect you will cycle between good and bad days for a while to come. On the bad days, try thinking of things in your life you are greatful and happy for. One or two things and focus on that.

Missing and thinking of your W is normal. Man I still do that off and on and she left end of Sep.

Also, sounds like you've learned from your early set backs and no point reflecting on them as they keep your mind in state of paralysis of that moment. Most of us made mistakes early on ( I know I did big time!) but you pick yourself up, learn and grow where you need to and move forward.

Do your best to stay out of her head and what she's thinking, doing, etc. it will keep you down when as you know focus is on you and your boys. Keep positive as you can and expect the good and bad days.

M: 33 W: 30
T: 14 M: 9
S2
BD: May/2015 (w moves into spare bedroom one week later)
EA / PA (discovered): June/2015
W moves out (living with OM): Sep/2015

T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
There is definitely something therapeutic about packing up all the little crap W left behind to give to her tomorrow. Or just tossing stuff away that has no meaning anymore and never really did just kind of took up space.
No I am not packing anything that is sentimental or will make her cry. Just dumb crap like a shirt she left. Pair of socks that ended up in with a some laundry. All of her coffee cups. I don't need that here. She can do what she pleases with it.

The down side is there is one picture frame I hadn't touched yet. It had 5 of 9 pics of us or her with kids. They had to come out. I'm done with bare walls in parts of my house. So that was no issue. The issue came when looking through a stack of pics to find replacements and there were some that were a little much. Like wedding. Dating pics. And the big one was our first pic together. It definitely was tough but they are all put away now. Where I won't be rifling through them again.
Now. I have to put my photography skills to work so I can fill these frames and have lots of pics for when I get more frames!

T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Today will be a good day. The boys are going back to W today and that is saddening. We have had a good time playing so far. And I got a text this am saying she has to work today and wouldn't be able to meet until later. That interferes a bit with my plan to study hard for school tonight. There is nothing I can do about her having to work today tho. And it gives me more time with my boys than I expected. So it's good.

T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Alright. The weekend with the boys was great. Wish we could have played and did more. I need to sit back and think about wasted time. So I feel totally satisfied with my time with them.
Going to see S again today. Nervous. After missing her yesterday I worry I'm going to over do it. Either over rnthisiastic or overly distant.
Guess we will see how this goes

T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
New goal for myself.
When talking in person with W I have to stop avoiding eye contact. I don't feel like I intentionally doing it. After meeting for the boys I was thinking over the interaction. I was happy and not overly talkative. All talk was about the boys. I can't picture what she looked like in my head. Not what she was wearing. I couldn't even tell you 100% if she was wearing a hat or not. The lack of eye contact may have went unnoticed. But I doubt it. And I feel it was weak of me not to look at her.
I can't think of why tho, I don't know if it was nerves or if I am scared to, I can't expect respect fr people if can't show self confidence and self respect by looking at them when I talk tho.
So new goal is to work on maintaining eye contact during convo. With anyone

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard