Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
P
P
I would feel uncomfortable also with the guns

and with my kids

Glad you have someone to speak with

it may mean talking to H and setting some limits kindly in a way he can understand

married 14 years
H 42
bomb 2/07 IDLYA
D final 3 /09
M ow D ow
T
tfish08 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Someone finally caught on at his appointment and he will be starting some sort of therapy. I am beyond relieved. It is no longer a figment of my imagination or just my opinion. God is great. Even if D still happens I know he will be ok for my boys and most importantly he will be ok

job Offline
I hope he goes to the therapy appointments and finds his way back to you and your sons.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
P
P
yes that is good..I hope so also that he finds his back back
hang in

married 14 years
H 42
bomb 2/07 IDLYA
D final 3 /09
M ow D ow
A
A
Hi tfish! I'm just jumping around, trying to catch up on all the MLC threads. One thing that jumps out at me is how very similar all the stories are, in spite of the differences.

I'm sorry you're here, too. This is crushing and so hard to understand. My plan is to learn all I can, and be patient. It's not like I'm in any hurry to move on and do something else. This whole experience has crushed me - I have lots of healing to do.

If it is any consolation at all, I come from a military family. Gun ownership was almost a rite of passage between father and sons in every generation. I hate the things, but have spent my entire life around them. Even my boys have them, but they did have to attend gun safety classes, in addition to what they were taught. It seems like the military dads do a good job of passing along the "rules". They teach the way they were taught.

In our family, the guns only came out of the safe for gun ranges or hunting trips. Yes - I was on pins and needles the entire time - but my boys! Oh, how they loved those trips with dad. It was definitely a male-bonding kind of thing.

Me: 48 H: 50 - Married 21 - 3-S: 29,19,19 2-D: 27,26
BD: 08/2015 - D filed & OW disc: 09/2015

"Surrender to What Is, Let Go of What Was, Have Faith in What Will Be." -S Ricotti
T
tfish08 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
venting:
75% of my squad is home sick. I am exhausted... between strep..stomach flu and upper respiratory virus. I SURRENDER..
JK no surrendering... just needed to whine...now to nurse these minions back to healthy lol...

P
P
((((hugs))))

married 14 years
H 42
bomb 2/07 IDLYA
D final 3 /09
M ow D ow
T
tfish08 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I am a basket case of emotions today...def hurt and angry... Hurt that my boys are sick. My S7 is really sick with the stomach bug now and I have to be working. I cannot afford to take a day off. ANGRY that my X has not called to check in on him once. Angry that I am in this sh7tstorm because I trusted too much. I feel like I am failing as a mom. I am feeling defeated today

job Offline
I am very sorry that you are having a terrible day. Please do not think that you are failing as a mother. It takes every bit of your strength to take care of sick children, do what needs to be done around the home and work a job.

Yes, I do understand your anger towards your husband, but you know that you can't rely on him right now. Heck, he can't even help himself, so how can he help you? His empathy chip is broken and he really has nothing to offer in the way of support right now. I know, it's not an excuse for bad behavior, but it's the best I can give you right now.

You are tired and stressed right now. Hopefully you can get your children settled down once you are home w/some hot soup, plenty of fluids and off to bed for the night. When the go to bed, you do the same or you will end up sick as well.

Please take care of yourself. Hopefully everyone will feel a bit better tomorrow.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
T
tfish08 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Well I stepped in it tonight. 4 for 4 are/have been sick..this momma is on fumes. H called //I did not answer...he then texted me if Ihad the info for my attorney. I called him back and told him his sons were fine..thank you for asking and as I am tired I deserve a little time b4 I discuss the D with him, He went off telling me he deserves to be nappy and not miserable with me. He tells me that he just doesn't get why I can't let him go. ummmm I should of stfu smoothie...but no..i said who the hell wants to keep you the way you are...I respect my vows and am standing by them...but lets just say you aren't a huge prize right now...well he yelled he deserved to be happy...I just hung up...
I am soooooo exhausted///I wish he would have not called...well hit me I deserve it

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard