Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
K
K
It's ridiculously hilarious... it's amazing they make a selfish decision and we have to deal with the ramifications and they're like oh well.. f me..I need a new life

S
shotgun Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hang in there ktfo. Do the DB thing and hang on with both hands. Get the focus onto yourself and GAL and get yourself in shape and clean up! Nothing will bother her more than you taking care of yourself and making a life that is healthy and happy. Sorry that you are in the situation that you are in but I am glad that you are here. This [censored] but sometimes it's a party! Keep checking in with us as we are all here for you.

M:53 W:47 M:15 years. S:18 S's: 30 & 28 from previous marriage. BD: 3/14 Divorced January 17.
C
C
ktfo, I echo the above, we are here for you. I think we've all seen bizarre behaviour from our spouses- hypocritical for sure. Sometimes I don't know what planet they are on.
I had a rough night too, almost felt like throwing the towel in. I powered through and kept face. It's not easy, but it does work.

Me 26 H 25
M 4
T 5
Baby born 4/14
BD: 1/15
EA: 2/15
PA: 4/15
reconciling: 4/15
ILYBINILWY- 11/15
ILY-1/16
ILYBNILWY 4/16
ILY 6/16
ILYBINILWY 6/16
Baby due 3/17
BD 8/16
S
shotgun Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Cherry I am sorry about your rough night. I am proud of you for powering through and not throwing in the towel. The times when I was that low I would just keep telling myself that there is something better out there for me. You will find better as well and remember to check in with your friends here when the going gets tough. Much love to you and ktfo!

M:53 W:47 M:15 years. S:18 S's: 30 & 28 from previous marriage. BD: 3/14 Divorced January 17.
S
shotgun Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hello all. Just checking in to tell you all that things are getting a little better for me. I am getting back in the gym and going to a class and I am really enjoying it. I have met someone who gave me that feeling of my heart pounding in my chest. It is an unpractical situation so it will go nowhere but it was nice to feel that connection again. Also made me think a lot about what I want and what I am willing to sacrifice for love. Just another moment of growth that I am thankful for.

God Bless you all and I hope today brings you peace!

R
R
So glad to hear that you are doing better. Which class are you going to? How is your son? Nice to hear that your heart can pound again. I see it as growth but mainly as a sign of strength that despite what happened to you, you haven't hardened your heart. You are a great man and an inspiration.

Take care my friend :-)

S
shotgun Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you so much Rouky. I have made it this far in part to your support and inspiration. I don't know where I would be without you. I was so shocked to feel my heart flutter but I smile about it every time I think about it. I am finally finding the peace that eluded me for so long. I see now that God has something better for me and I am excited to learn what it is. In the mean time I intend to have fun and get back into life. The class that I am in is a Spanish language class. It's very hard for me because I have a dialect and I still have a bit of chemo brain going on. I have a good deal of difficulty organizing my thoughts but I did have a couple of people in the class comment on my intellect. They should see me when I have it together! My son is having some challenges emotionally but has really blossomed musically. He seems to be pouring himself into that and I am happy as there are worse things to get involved in. God Bless you Rouky and I know that you are going to be OK also. I just feel so blessed to have gone through this with you. I say a prayer for you every day and I hope you do for me as well. Hope your week is going well and I hope you do something fun this weekend!

S
shotgun Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Finding myself smiling a lot in the last couple of days. Thinking about my friends here and meeting some fantastic new people while GAL. I am so excited to enter the next phase of my life. Hope everyone here is able to find just a tiny bit of peace today and know how much you all are loved!

K
K
shotgun, good stuff man! Strong body strong mind strong soul! I know a couple days this week were low.. and yesterday and today. I'm ok. I read this book, and it said something that resonated with me and now it's my mantra so to speak.:“It’s not your fault, I didn’t have the power to prevent this. It’s like Cancer, illness or something tragic, it happens. I can’t control it”
So now I'm working on me of course, and I'll goto the counselor for me today, try to get me right in the head. I'm still training jiu jitsu and lifting nearly everday of the week. (tuesday my son has wrestling so I take tuesday and she takes thursdays, cause I'll be teaching on thursdays)

I feel ok, which is a nice change from the depths of hell I've been in. I do have moments of real sadness, but I know that's part of this.

S
shotgun Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Very good ktfo. It is all out of our control and we must let go. There will be many tough days ahead but there will also be opportunities. Let's vow to be better people than our spouses and live in the truth and with a clear conscience. Glad to hear that you are working out. Stay strong and keep me in your prayers as you are always in mine!

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard