Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
AJM Offline
A
Peace, I think you'll find that this is helpful to your daughter. Her seeing for herself and making up her mind is something she'll have to do at some point in her life. Doing it now, with your support and guidance is likely the best of all outcomes. If it happened much later, it could be much more devastating.

As for the OW. You know by now that any comparisons to what he was before and what he is now isn't realistic. And he'll make his own decisions. But I wouldn't be surprised if more changes are in his future. Just sayin'

I come by that honestly. Somebody asked me today about a pic of my ex. I don't have any other than old family pictures, but she did post on my son's FB page a few days ago. I didn't look at the time, but did when I was asked. It's not the person I knew, peace. Looks much older than she is with very sad eyes but otherwise healthy. They sometimes are not the same. Nonetheless, I found myself wishing her the best. Not my idea of the best, but the best her life can bring her.

I remember what it was like going through the turmoil and a lot of me wishing her to leave and find that "happiness" she was looking for. I honestly hope she finds it and can share it with the kids. Who knows? She may have already. The point is that I am not to judge her current self or life. I don't know her or what is going on behind the eyes. I only know what I see every few years.

But I never wish any harm or bad things for her. Took a long time to get there and not be overly protective of the kids around her. A very long time.

Peace,
AJ

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" MLK
Put the glass down...
"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
P
OP Offline
P
AJ

I appreciate your words

I deleted my end of the account so can't see it anymore,,My D still can on her computer

MY D hasn't said anything about it,
I agree..at least this initial contact for her can be guided by me..you are right..and she is smart,I believe she will be ok

AS for XH and OW , this did kick up a lot for me
6 years no contact
Its been almost 9 years since it all began
I guess I am still processing, maybe old unfinished grief too
I want to wish the best for them..At this moment, I am still a little angry for his continuous lack of empathy and integrity
I don't know they are..I sense this is a game the oW is manipulating
They have no friends..why post a picture?

I can only continue to work on myself and be the best parent and person I can

married 14 years
H 42
bomb 2/07 IDLYA
D final 3 /09
M ow D ow
A
AJM Offline
A
I've learned over time to trust my instincts, Peace. I have little doubt you're likely right that it is at least a gambit aimed at your D. Whether from her or from him? Hard to figure that out, and not necessarily pertinent, right? Your D is the important part.

And yeah, I can see it has kicked up some unfinished business for you. That's not necessarily a bad thing though. The good thing about dealing with it now, is that it gets dealt with much more quickly and with finality.

The anger? Can you trace back what exactly the anger is about? I mean, I know the lack of integrity and lack of empathy, but by now I suppose you can expect that of him. He may not have the ability for any more depth than that.

Is the anger about more than him contacting your D? More than the lack of empathy and lack of integrity? I think it may help to know for sure. I'd hate to think his problems would affect you for the rest of your life. That would be the worst possible outcome in my book.

AJ

Put the glass down...
P
OP Offline
P
Aj

Just for today- I feel more ready to forgive xh and OW again and let it go again

I hope XH finds his way to a happy life

he has a right to live anyway and with anyone he chooses

Thanks again for your kind words
and have a good night

married 14 years
H 42
bomb 2/07 IDLYA
D final 3 /09
M ow D ow
A
AJM Offline
A
Hi Peace. As you deal with this, something to think about.

As you look at this, are you at a point where you can separate what he did to you, vs what he did for himself? Are you able to see the difference between hurting you and leaving? What it was you wanted and thought you had vs. what he did?

I doubt seriously he started the relationship with you thinking he would turn out like this. I'm sure there's some self-loathing and anger at himself. Enough for both of you. I'm sure that if you don't deal with those emotions and figure out the above, you'll be stuck for a lot longer than you need to be. The damage will be bigger than you deserve.

AJ

Put the glass down...
P
OP Offline
P
AJ

Yes it makes sense..He left because he had too..Our M was not great but

his MLC was bigger than anything I have seen before

he changed too drastically and too fast to have anything to do with me

Yes and I have not really thought about how he must feel.. I guess it doesn't matter too much to me anymore

I have accepted the fact that he may never appear again and if he is so messed up it might be better this way

Thanks..enjoy your weekend!

married 14 years
H 42
bomb 2/07 IDLYA
D final 3 /09
M ow D ow
I
I
Hi Peace

It's hard when they reach out.. My W has been missing in action now for 95 days with our D's. No contact at all

Last email to me was a sept 29 about money

Like AJ said, your D will decide for herself what kind of relationship she wants with her dad

You have shown her strength and security, that's something that He and OW have failed at big time.

Trust your gut I do mine. Trust your D as well :-)
My D's chose not to reach out to their Mom since that person is no longer existant for now. If she comes back and puts Her D's first and not just want to connect to make herself feel better, I'll help

If it's to clear their conscience ... Too bad for them.

Old wounds are just that. Old. You've delt with it already so put them back where they belong , on a deserted island , in a box or where ever and continue to move forward for you and your D

Irish

M51
XW43 (38 at bd)
BD1 MAY 30 2015
BD2 JUNE 25 2015 by text
moved out Aug 2 2015
left both Daughters 13 and 15 (now 18-20)
Her divorce Final July 26 2016
Last time she saw her kids Aug 2 2015
P
OP Offline
P
Irish

Exactly, love the way you said it!

Hope you are doing well also

married 14 years
H 42
bomb 2/07 IDLYA
D final 3 /09
M ow D ow
F
F
Peace, I periodically come here and was surprised to see your story.

I feel for the kids. Unlike in your situation, my X is not gone. He has improved as a father but still acts put upon to spend some extra time with her (at her request). I have worried that she might get involved with someone who treats her distantly and with some disdain, which is how I felt X treated me.

I have observed other in X's family and note that his brother has a way of remaining distant when people could really use a hand and then popping back into people's lives when he needs or wants something. As my D is his only connection to the younger generation and he has seen her only once, I feel that as she gets older I need to help her understand that you are not under duty to help someone as they get older and start to think about who might take care of them. I might caution similarly with X. At least he has a connection with her but I have already seen him leading on her unreasonably.

M: 16 years
Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy
Cooperative r w/X regarding D

P
OP Offline
P
HI Forward
Good to see you here again,
Thank you for your thoughts
Its been a long time!

You sound well and Im happy that everything seemed to fall in place for you

AS for us, we also landed well on our feet
I was surprised that D heard from XH, but IM glad she got an apology and if that is the best he can do..its ok

I like what you said, and I have wondered what the future holds
hopefully my kids will find the closure they need, and your D will see your example as a strong capable women now in a successful R
and mine will also

but in all truth both my kids seem to be doing quite well without him
I do have a lot of faith and trust they will continue to thrive in their lives
Peace

married 14 years
H 42
bomb 2/07 IDLYA
D final 3 /09
M ow D ow
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard