Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I just wanted to share a little revelation that came through in my IC today.

My romantic relationships may have not been great, but I've learned something from each and every one of them. She helped me realize how capable I am of great relationships. As evidenced by the ones I hold with my friends and my daughter. My friendships are very solid and can withstand and have withstood hard times. Some of my closest friendships go on past 20 years. Some had broken at one point but have come alive again. They are fulfilling, loving, and full of respect and truth. I know I should never settle for anything less than that and I am not defective when a romantic relationship doesn't work out.

Did I ever mention how much I adore my IC? She is the perfect fit for me and totally gets me. I haven't done IC since the first year of bomb drop and I actually find it more helpful doing it from a good place. Keeps me accountable. Helps me nurture the best relationship with my ex and his wife.

I'm blessed.

W
W
How are things going with the Rangers guy?

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
It was a nice date, we texted a little, but something sort of unexpected happened.........not wanting to say too much yet.......but things sure do happen when you least expect it.

I'll elaborate more soon......

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I just have to share. Upon having a conversation with ex regarding weekend switches and dating (I'll spare the details) I thanked him for his flexibility. He responded with something that I have desired to hear for the last 7 years and truly never expected I would:

"I appreciate all you do"

I do not need his validation, but these words meant a lot to me. Actually, I had a tear or two.

job Offline
Ginger,
I'm glad he's finally told you that he appreciated all that you do. He doesn't know the half of what you do and if he did, he would come to realize that you've been carrying a very, very full plate for a long time. Hold your head up and be proud of what you've accomplished. Your little girl knows that her mom has and will always be there for her. The bond that you two have will only get stronger as she grows up.

My hat's off to you for all that you do each and every day.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2608610 09/21/15 12:57 PM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks, Job, that means a lot to me. It's never been easy, I haven't been perfect, but I do what I can. You are right, he doesn't know the half of it, but I am so happy I don't need him to anymore.

I've started classes, and it's proving to be a little harder to keep everything together than I thought it would be. My house is a mess and I cooked an actual homemade healthy meal only twice last week, but I'll figure it out. I also said I'd be very forgiving with myself if my house is messy and we eat cereal for dinner sometimes. It was busy last week with back to school night and other stuff going on plus the school work. Tonight is back to back dentist appts for us, and I have a paper due by Friday! I am terrified as I haven't written in a paper in so many years, and I stink at them.

My friends have been great helping me out. D8 considers my best friends "her 3rd home" and we help each other out. D8 is comfortable sleeping there and she took her to cheerleading for me so I could have some Mommy time with a special someone. D8's best friends mom also just finished grad school not too long ago and they live a few streets away and she said if I ever need some time to just get some schoolwork done, don't hesitate to drop off D8, she knows how important it is to get that time to just focus on the work.

I'm very fortunate to have my help from them, and they are truly the one's I appreciate. That saying "it takes a village" is oh so true.

K
K
Just a quick drop by to thank you for your kind words the last few weeks. Now I can catch up on sleep, I am exhausted!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I had replied to one of those H-P divorce questions once.

Little did I know I would make #3 out of 8 and get published in their next little article. It came up on my newsfeed, and was reading the article, then there, I was #3. They misspelled my name though.

I feel a little exposed right now!

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I just wanted to put a small little update out there. I'm finally ready to "talk" a little bit.

I'm dating quite an incredible guy right now. I've never had anything like this before and it's wonderful, and scary, and very eye opening. And when I say scary, it's not bad scary. It's probably the first relationship where I haven't had that relationship anxiety.

He's also friend-approved, which is actually a huge thing for me.

It's still early but it's definitely worthy of a mention.

And no, I didn't meet him from an online dating site:).

K
kml Offline
K
Friend approved is good! But don't knock online dating, I never would have found Mr Tall Dark and Handsome without it.

I imagine any reasonably normal guy is gonna look like a miracle compared to your ex.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard