Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
J
Jpeg Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Exactly Judy!! That is how how I found this forum- doing research on MLC. I am also convinced. My H does not comprehend how he is hurting the kids (he rarely sees them). Also,he is spending money like out of control (has accumulated 20K in credit card debt)

M: 27
03/15 - BD ILYBINILWY
09/15 -OW confirmed
G
G
Another hijack! One of the things I did right (maybe the only thing) is that after BD I peeled myself off the floor to attend every social event, and family event with H. Especially his family events, where I got a few comments such as "I am surprised to see YOU here" because they all jumped on the divorce wagon. I refused to disappear because H was flaking out on me, I was still a wife and mother and not going away. Also I knew that if I wasn't there H would be having a field day dragging my name through the mud, which he still did but over the phone and email. In person though, everyone saw me holding my head up high and H sulking in the corner.

J
Jpeg Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I have been going to all family functions. Especially his side of family!! They have been sooooo supportive. They INSIST that I come and say if he doesn't like it he can choose not to go. But he has not come anywhere near my side of family. It is the socializing with friends - as in - I have none frown. All of "our" friends were HIS friends.

03/15 - BD ILYBINILWY
09/15 -OW confirmed
D
D
Yet another hijack,
Jpeg, most of "our" friends were more likely to have been her friends. They all support me, much more than her in this. The moms even sat with me, instead of my W at the last ballgame, and I read some Facebook posts that seem to have been aimed at her and her lost priorities. These are the very people that she put ahead of me and our M. Ironic

3 boys
Not my circus, not my monkeys anymore....
J
Jpeg Offline OP
OP Offline
J
How how how how how do you not become bitter?

03/15 - BD ILYBINILWY
09/15 -OW confirmed
J
Jpeg Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I'm having a crappy night. MIL and FIL were gonna big talk with H and confront him about OW. It just turned into a hug fest. I think H feels that his parent have absolved him. I know I know I shouldn't have had any expectations

03/15 - BD ILYBINILWY
09/15 -OW confirmed
A
A
Originally Posted By: Jpeg
How how how how how do you not become bitter?

I'm having a pretty awful night, too.

I think you avoid becoming bitter by making up your mind NOT to. Bitterness eats at your soul. You don't want that burden, do you? He will reap what he sows....life just works out like that.

Me: 48 H: 50 - Married 21 - 3-S: 29,19,19 2-D: 27,26
BD: 08/2015 - D filed & OW disc: 09/2015

"Surrender to What Is, Let Go of What Was, Have Faith in What Will Be." -S Ricotti
A
A
Originally Posted By: Jpeg
I'm having a crappy night. MIL and FIL were gonna big talk with H and confront him about OW. It just turned into a hug fest. I think H feels that his parent have absolved him. I know I know I shouldn't have had any expectations

Blood is always thicker than water. They were going to support him no matter what...

J
Jpeg Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hey Judy. Just wish I could see some reaping. So what can we do to salvage our night?

03/15 - BD ILYBINILWY
09/15 -OW confirmed
D
D
Bitter is something worth working to avoid. My mother is a very bitter person, and her own kids have nothing to do with her. That is my motivation to not be. That, and I hope my W will break through the fog, before I have moved on. I just watched W texting through most of s6 ballgame. Yet another out of character thing. So, after ball, I took the boys to a families house that has kids the same ages. Had a good time catching up and watching the kids play. GAL works

3 boys
Not my circus, not my monkeys anymore....
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard