Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
A
A
Great advice, A!

C'mon jpeg, join me in the journey of being better people for ourselves!

I'm heartbroken, tired, afraid, and disillusioned....but I'm not going through all this pain for nothing. If the best that comes out of this is a better "me"...well, that's not so bad, is it?

I'm here for you...

Me: 48 H: 50 - Married 21 - 3-S: 29,19,19 2-D: 27,26
BD: 08/2015 - D filed & OW disc: 09/2015

"Surrender to What Is, Let Go of What Was, Have Faith in What Will Be." -S Ricotti
J
Jpeg Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Azzork- what excellent and timely advice. I was soooo ready to call a lawyer (which my family has been pushing me to do) but reading what you said about paving the road home gave me pause to think. Spent last night at in laws they have been so supportive and are praying so hard for their son and our marriage. I have seen the Amy Cuddy Tedtalk (and I watched it again!) i ahve been slouching and moving through the days with my head down like a defeated loser. I am going to stand tall today (literally - I'm almost 6 ft) as I walk through the halls at work and throw in a couple of victory arm raises when no one is looking. Thanks A smile

M: 27
03/15 - BD ILYBINILWY
09/15 -OW confirmed
J
Jpeg Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks Judy I feel like you have made so much progress so much faster I have been stuck in limbo land waiting hoping believing him when he said there was no one else. I am really going to try to take your lead. Thanks for your support it means a lot ~ J

03/15 - BD ILYBINILWY
09/15 -OW confirmed
S
S
Hi Jpeg, I've been there and it's yucky! I'm 14 months in from BD now and feeling much more at peace with things. I feel gratitude for the many good things in life and I will gratefully embrace whatever outcome unfolds.

Don't miss the opportunity to make the pain worthwhile my friend. It sounds as though you are doing well already. It's nice to think of you making your victory sign. There are downs and ups for sure - and it's the overall direction of travel that's important.

You have many friends and good support here - and in that regard are already luckier than most...

Best of luck to you xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
J
Jpeg Offline OP
OP Offline
J
H has been texted today. Not much short one line questions. R u going to S 17 football game ? What is password for fb? Classic movie on tv. I haven't answered any. And it's KILLING me. We were both at game but he did not approach me and I didn't go near him. He stood at the far end of the field behind a fence far away from all the parents in the stands. He looked like a criminal behind bars

03/15 - BD ILYBINILWY
09/15 -OW confirmed
A
A
Originally Posted By: Jpeg
He looked like a criminal behind bars

You have me rolling with this one!

No pic? LMAO

"Surrender to What Is, Let Go of What Was, Have Faith in What Will Be." -S Ricotti
J
Jpeg Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Glad I could give you a laugh we all need them that's for sure. I should have taken a pic. It was quite sad and pathetic almost. But I guess that's how he feels- trapped frown

03/15 - BD ILYBINILWY
09/15 -OW confirmed
D
D
Jpeg, I am an LBH, and I often feel like I am the one behind bars. My W asked me to leave, and then proceeded to live our life as if I was never there. Still hanging out with the families that we were close to, etc. So she isolated me from my life. I am glad to see it happen to the WH. That is how it should be. We need to remember that it is their problems, not ours that got us into these sitchs. We all own a piece of it, but we haven't walked away.

Anyway, sorry to hijack, if you feel I did. Just this week I have started hanging out with the other parents, and it is my W who is sitting on the outside. Not sure if it was a coincidence, or if it is their show of support, but I was surrounded by the moms that W has valued over our M lately. They sat by me, not her. Made me feel important

3 boys
Not my circus, not my monkeys anymore....
J
Jpeg Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi Dday I know what you mean about us LBers feeling like we r the ones behind bars. I have basically been hiding in my room since he left. (after I work all day, do the shopping, laundry, look after all the household responsibilities, drive the kids everywhere) and he has been out partying and going to all the social events telling people we just "grew apart" and now is starting to take the OW to things

And I don't mind the high jack. I think I do it all the time - I'm still not too sure how to work these boards :}

03/15 - BD ILYBINILWY
09/15 -OW confirmed
A
A
Hey! Our H's are sharing a script!!!

We grew apart..sheesh! Let's find some glue, not take off!

Possible MidLife Crisis? I am convinced that's what is going on in my situation. Polar opposite personality is the big clue for me. I often look at him wondering, "Who is this man?"

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard