Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
rd500 #2604580 09/06/15 08:05 AM
V
V
I am known as a very cautious driver indeed.

V has never had any tickets and behaves very well on the road.

It's just a surprise for young dudes when they see a determined older lady in a white van. I just love it!

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

Vanilla #2604892 09/07/15 08:21 PM
V
V
My gorgeous, loving, daft, soft, caring bruv.

Thank you for being RD.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

rd500 #2606500 09/13/15 12:57 PM
S
S
Hi RD, noticed you are posting and that you haven't posted on your own sitch for a while - whilst kindly being there for others. Just thought I would drop in and say hello...is the roast on yet??!

I bet you must be missing Pink and like you I hope she is doing okay. I'll deputise for her in her absence - although I can't discuss bikes I'm afraid....only the push pedal kind.

So, how are things going with you my friend?? Any news on your W from recent weeks? Is she still on the ADs? Seeing LC? How are your interactions generally....any change there? And with the kids? Any house news? And most importantly, how are you doing??

See, I have lots of questions....I'm not sure even Pink would be able to come up with so many! Do post and let us know how things are with you.

Take care RD ((((((RD)))))) xx

ps: best not to tell Pink about the huge hug and two kisses though grin

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
Sotto #2606510 09/13/15 01:41 PM
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi Sotto. Just back from retail therapy with D11 ( two new coats ) and S16 ( brackets and shelves for his bedroom ). Got the new car last Thursday and suddenly kids need to be taken everywhere !!!! We also got huge 99s on the way home !!!!

I just posted on your thread and came to update mine and here you are. Thank you. I hope Pink is doing well but it would be nice to hear she's living the high life and her and the boys are ok.

No roast today , homemade shepherds pie , made by my mum and frozen. I did get up this morning and make a fry up for the crew. I wake them up and have it all ready on the table Big mugs of tea and toast

A few interactions with EXW of late Some good some bad She called me on Monday as D14 has been very down the last couple of weeks and its due to a few different things EXW asked if D14 was down due to EXW. I explained there was lots of small things and EXW wasn't top of the list. Conversation turned to EXW and she said she was feeling abit happier I told her I was glad and I did want her to be happy. EXW seemed to be upset by this and I asked why as I was genuine in wanting her to be happy and glad she was. At this she burst in to tears and said of course she was happier she was on Prozac !!!! She then got a bit aggressive and said she obviously wasn't happy or she wouldn't be on drugs to try to be happy. I changed the subject and she seemed to calm down

Thursday she called me a few times but I was in a meeting that took hours and didn't call her back for 3' hours. When I finally got her she was quite upset and asked if I was avoiding her. I explained about the meeting and she asked what it was about and I told her I was doing the deal on my car. She wanted to know how much I got for my car as a trade in. I told her ( nicely ) that it was my business She got very excited over my car ( her all time fav ) and wished me the best. Next morning I got a text at 7.30Am to wish me luck with HER new car and she hoped I was ok. I text straight back , thanks xx

A few hours later I got another text to ask how D14 and I were the previous night. I said all good and I hope you have a great day and feeling ok

EXW answered straight away with.

Not good, think I'm getting a cold or flu! I'm sorry things are so hard at the mo. I often wonder how the hell we got to this . Sorry. X

I didn't answer EXW then called me 2 times that afternoon but we only chatted and no R talk

Busy with kids this week. Usual stuff during the week and yesterday I took D11 and her bestie to a fun factory and they had a blast. They think they are young adults but show them some climbing frames and a dodge boat !! and they turn back into little kids. D11s bestie loved my merc and when D11 told her it was gone she almost cried !!! It only took her watching Scooby doo unleashed in the back of the new one to put a smile on her face. She a really funny kid and we all had a great laugh.

Last night was chauffeuring D14 and her current bestie ( changes every week ) to the cinema and back DIYing with S16 in a minute and then replacing drive belt on lawn mower

Washing seems to have been taken in from the neighbours and I'm sure people sneak in during the night and dirty the house !!!

Sotto. Thanks again for checking in. Your sounding upbeat in your posts which is great to read. The next paragraph is for you only so read on

You'll have noticed above that I didn't respond to your thinly veiled attempts at flirting with me because then (. 17 mins ago ). I didn't feel I was ready BUT with reflection i am so I would prepose a second date next Wednesday at 10pm I suggest a glass of red with two squares of dark chocolate and at least two posts apiece. I'm sorry I played hard to get but I had to see if you were really interested in me and not just my body !!!!!!

Have a great day. Take care. Rd xxxxx

rd500 #2606511 09/13/15 01:51 PM
S
S
RD, just here to say if Sotto doesn't treat you right, I also enjoy dark chocolate. LOL. You have such a wonderful sense of humor my friend. smile

I'm sorry to hear it's ever the same with your W. But you carry on.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
rd500 #2606512 09/13/15 01:54 PM
A
A
Get a room you too!! :-)

- Nobody has ever learnt anything important from happiness and success; problems make us grow
- Consult your plan, not your feelings
- If you haven't set goals, how can you expect to achieve anything?
Avanti #2606524 09/13/15 03:42 PM
S
S
A second date!! Wow...Pink had better get back soon, or who knows where this might lead!! I have just one question. Do I have to limit myself to two squares of chocolate? Do you mind if your dates scoff more chocolate than that?? I guess I could always lie about my 8 squares+

Sorry to hear things are relatively static with your sitch - although I do think your W is making some progress, she's still baking in the oven. Sounds like you are doing well though and having some fun times with the kids - plus sounds like you are thrilled with the car. Maybe that will swing things for your W!!

Have a great Sunday my friend xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
Sotto #2606542 09/13/15 05:20 PM
J
J
Seriously RD, what's your secret???? wink

Glad Sotto proded you as I was thinking the same thing.

Congratulations on the new car, I'm sure all sorts now suddenly need a lift somewhere.

Your EXW confuses me.... I was going to try and explain that but actually that pretty much says it all.

You're a good man, you're a great dad and your EXW can see and recognise that. What she does with that information I doubt even she knows.

Away from that, I recommend 'Pacific Rim' for a future movie.

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
jim0987 #2606557 09/13/15 06:24 PM
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi Sunny. i think I enjoy my own humor a bit too much. I think I'm hilarious !!!!

Beagley , it's a gift and a curse !!!!!!!

Sotto I'll take that as a yes to the date , I'll be the one wearing the Pirates hat !!!!
Kids a re a joy and I don't know what i would do without them They are hard work but worth it. I'm a bit worried about D14 as she's really down

Jim. See beagleys answer !!!! I try not to think too much about what EXW thinks as I only get confused myself. It seems she is unhappy with parts of her life but not willing or able to do anything about it. You can only assume she is happy enough or else she would attempt to change things It is confusing when you get texts like the one on Friday but I suppose it's just more of the same

Thank you all for posting. It means a lot to me

Take care. Rd

rd500 #2606591 09/13/15 08:42 PM
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi all. I was rushing earlier and answered quickly because I had a few things to do.

Sunny. I have no doubt if we were to meet in real life we would be great friends. We seem to share a silly sense of humour and I think a meeting and few drinks and we would be giggling like fools very quickly. On the dark chocolate thing , not only would it be acceptable to see you eat more squares than me , it would be taken as a challenge !!!! My two squares limit applies to each glass of red So eight squares = 4 glasses !!

Beagley. Thanks for checking in. I have 4/5 people on here that always support me and I'm very grateful that you have joined that list. When I first joined this forum I couldn't believe that people used to joke on here because I was so distraught. Any newcomers reading please believe life does get better no matter what happens in your sitch.

Sotto. I'm so excited about Wednesday night ! I was obviously joking about the Pirates hat , it's Wednesday and I'm not some weirdo that would wear a Pirates hat on a Wednesday !!!! It will be a Fez of course !!

Jim. I honestly would love to meet you when you a come to Dublin you have been a stalwart supporter with fantastic questions and insights that help me make some sense of what's happened. I know we all believe our sitch is unique and our WAS is different to all the others and I'm no different I'm lucky that EXW still seems to value me and I get no spew I still live in my home , I have my kids and my income. I do love EXW and wish we could be together but as each month passes I do feel the connection between us weaken. I know you have given my sitch lots of thought and I really value your opinion EXW is obviously not happy and I do believe she is lost however I dont see anything changing soon. My life is good and I'm very lucky in so many ways I think it's time I appreciated what. I have

Thanks again everyone who posted and to those that read my thread please believe that things do improve I was with EXW for 2(5 years and I adored her. When I came into. this forum I was at rock bottom and ready to let go of life. I was so lucky to have wonderful people contribute to my sitch with support and advice Get through each hour and then each day and then each week If your on here it's because you loved you WAS and are looking for a way to help save your M or R. You have found a place to help save you first and then maybe your R

Thanks to my friends You have made a huge impact on my life and I'm very grateful.

Take care all. Rd xx

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard