Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
W
W
The guys are probably all single pretending to be married thinking they'll get easy sex from married women lol. I can just hear the ladies now, "OMG, and he said he was married...you can't trust anyone anymore!"

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
OP Offline
Wonka - glad you jumped in the pool here!

Yeah, I saw that on the news this morning. I really don't agree with them publishing credit card info... I understand their need to get revenge (don't condone it), but financial info? They turned a social revenge into something really criminal. Ugh.

Then you have Jared the subway pervert. Sheesh. One of my friends said on FB, "I hope someone in jail gives him a $5 foot long." LOL, I did bust out laughing at that.

BTW, BA, I think last night's game should make you feel better about BB? Another lovely performance by our crappy bullpen. Bring on football. I'm ready.

Well, I've decided to put my house up for sale next spring - either well before D21 graduates or after we finish with that. In the mean time, I'm making a list of things to do to spruce it up for showings. I've been trying to put this off, but my child support runs out in March and it's time to rein in the expenses and create a lifestyle that works with me as I move toward retirement - whenever that time comes. I really don't want the responsibilities that come with a house - maintenance, landscaping, repairs, utilities and property taxes when I need half the space (but want a little more than that). So... I talked to my agent yesterday and we kind of got a plan. I think he was more than relieved that I'm not going to have a fire sale or list it tomorrow. Me either. I don't need the stress - especially since I'll be traveling so much very, very soon. Our life takes precedence over logistics. LOL.

Aside from that and work being busy as heck, we're good here. Slowly getting acclimated to the school routine and changes that come with that. D21 is back at school doing 2x/day for volleyball season, and school starts on Monday. I really can't believe this is her last year. Seems like yesterday that I drove her out there as a freshman. She's been pretty crabby lately, so I've been okay leaving her to her own devices. Pretty much the only time I hear from her is to get after-the-fact approval for using the credit card. My time in that role is coming to an end, though. Ha ha. Maybe?

Anyhoo, that's it for now from my camp.

Towanda!

Bets

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
OP Offline
Wii - I would have to seriously doubt anyone using that site was not in the know. Their tag line is, "Life's too short - have an affair." Caveat emptor?

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
W
W
I dunno, aside from the moral issue, I just think affairs are too stressful. I can barely handle one relationship at a time let alone two or more at the same time. That's just plain nuts!

OP Offline
Ohh, I agree! Plus to pay for more stress? That would be completely nuts. But then again, their audience probably has more money than sense... grin

Albert Einstein
W
W
Tell your friend that Jared was more into the 6 in subs...just sayin'...but enough of that!

B
B
Hey Bets!

First of all, after losing six straight I can't tell you how much I appreciate your Rockies this morning! Especially after they came into town earlier this month and had their way with us. It's really building up to be a very disappointing season unless we turn things around soon. But hey as you know, that's what Washington sport teams are all about - disappointing their fans!

As for the Jared situation - how pathetic and I hope he gets all of what he deserves. mad The situation hits a little too close to home for me - if you know what I mean.

As for selling you home - I was thinking of doing the same earlier this year, but then the whole Brady Bunch thing happened and now I'm glad I didn't at least for the time being. Once Carol and I get all of these kids out on their own then we will have that discussion about selling (and no I'm not looking forward to that as I will really miss having my D17 around next year - it's hard enough that her older sister is now into her 2nd year of college).

Hope your travel plans include a stop or two out here. Please ring me up if they do - let's do Scotch! grin
BA

M
M
Hello, Betsey, things sound good-busy in your world. smile

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
OP Offline
Maybell - Welcome home! Missed you! So glad you had a great trip!

BA - Oh yeah, I fully understand fan disappointment myself. I grew up with it and with the exception of the Broncos, it just same ole, same ole. Our bullpen blows.

I know you'll miss your D17. Right there with you, bro. I will say that I'm really excited at the thought of seeing my D21 every week, though! Not too long now.

I'll be back... at Thanksgiving! D21 is driving down from NY and I made flight reservations yesterday too. D18 and I get in on Tuesday and leave on Sunday, with the rest of the U.S. population.

I'm finally sitting at my desk for the first time today. I'd been contemplating shuffling office space for awhile and pulled the trigger shortly after my erstwhile male labor arrived at the office. We've been busy! It looks great, and now my desk is close to our flat screen, so he turned on Blue Bloods. Like I EVER watch TV here at work. Never. Occasionally, I turn on the weather when it's necessary, but the cable feed is used for testing our products and software (it's what we do). So it's kind of funny to have it on right now.

At the very least, I dusted and vacuumed here. What a mess. I really need to do both way more often. I hate both tasks. Especially at work. Too many framed photographs of my girls.

Oh, and BA - for your reading enjoyment... last night I got a call from the son of my church lady friend. She sold her condo and is moving to Arizona the week after labor day. I'm SO gonna miss her. She can't see well, so when it starts getting dark early, I go pick her up. We've been really getting close over the past couple of years. Anyway, her birthday is Sunday, and her son called to invite me to join them for lunch. He's funny and sweet, and just maybe I could be convinced to jump the racial line. After we made our plans, he said, "Betsey, do you like BBQ?" I said, "Yup. A whole lot. Are you any good at it?" "I'm amazing. Do you like wine?" "Yup, I like that too." "Do you like a couple glasses?" "Yep, I definitely like a few glasses." "How about after mom leaves I invite you over for dinner?" "I'm all in. Just let me know."

I'll have to ask his mom at church on Saturday if he broke up with his annoying, clingy GF. That's a deal breaker. Sarah (his mom) can't stand her. She sounds super insecure.

I'll end this post by sharing something he told my D21 and her BF last year: "RO-mance without FI-nance is a NUIS-ance." grin

TTFN -

Betsey

Albert Einstein
K
kml Offline
K
Jump away Betsey!!! I can speak from personal experience, there's nothing like dating an African-American man who appreciates every curve, instead of comparing you to anorexic models like my ex did smile

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard