Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
jim0987 #2597241 08/12/15 09:07 PM
L
L
So the name change intrigued me. Thread title means whisper, I assume the name means soft? Not sure on the language. Italian?

M: 38 W: 37
T: 20 M: 19
Kids: Stepson?20, S19, S16, D12
BD: 02/19/2015 (She moved out)
PA Confirmed: 02/22/2015 (She is now living with OM)
Dazed and confused: 09/13/2015
late30s #2597381 08/13/15 12:23 PM
S
Sotto Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Well Jim, it looks as though the competition is on!! Although unicycle sounds - dangerous - to me. I think the worst that can happen with a Llama is nibbling or treading on my toe..

Yes late - Sotto Voce is Italian. I chose the name because it is just the letters from Toots changed around. Only because Toots has an association with me and Sotto doesn't. Matt, a recent poster in newcomers, found that his W had been following along on the forum recently. I think it shook everyone up a little. It is worth taking precautions with your identity on the forum, what you post and your browsing habits.

Well, my L has been in touch today. H's L has asked if we can exchange financial details tomorrow. I submitted mine a couple of months ago, so they want me to reconfirm the content today. Looks like H has really got himself organised and is full steam ahead towards D. It does make me worry about what may be going on with him that I don't know about (ie: pregnant OW, engaged etc...) but I know it doesn't serve me well to linger there.

Otherwise all is well and looking forward to some Llama nuzzling later on xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
Sotto #2597494 08/13/15 07:00 PM
J
J
You've clearly not looked into the dangers of llamas - they are the Hippos of south america.

but you're on!! Now just to find appropriate options.....

I understand the name change - that worry that XW or someone I know has read everything I've posted is quite disconcerting. Matt's situation was pretty hideous.

Now on to the other bit ...... H is hurrying along because OW is pregnant and they want to get married...... that's some serious catastrophising even by my exceptional standards wink

You know anyway but, just don't worry about it as it only hurts you to worry. besides he might be hurrying because he's desperate to open a exotic bird wildlife sanctuary and needs to get the stuff sorted so that he can borrow the money in order to buy all the Macaws little woolly hats ready for winter.

have fun with the Llamas

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
jim0987 #2597535 08/13/15 08:58 PM
R
R
Hi Sotto. I' was reading your post and it was discussing your various wild and exciting GAL activities when I suddenly discovered your H has got engaged and has triplets on the way !!! And is opening a bird widlife centre with a genuine raptor he found while discovering Atlantis. !

I'm not making light of you sitch Just joining Jim in try to show you how H could be doing anything.

It's much more likely he's pursuing his fantasy that will never become a reality

Stand back from H and his unicorn and focus on the wonderful, kind , intelligent and lovely Sorto that we all know you are.

Take care , Rd. xxxx

rd500 #2597539 08/13/15 09:07 PM
S
Sotto Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks guys! You are completely right of course....Llama trek was great!! We got to groom the Llamas and feed them. Then we each had a Llama and went off for a walk with them. They were all boys and mine was 'boss of the herd.'

Then we had tea and cakes. I had a nice chat with one of the group. She organises regular walks and invited me along to her next one. It's funny how one GAL event often leads to another. And I have a policy of not turning down invites that come my way - as long as they are platonic ones.

Next GAL event with this group is golf, which I haven't played for 30+ years - so that should be....interesting....Jim, I'm looking forward to hearing about your GAL plans. I'm also investigating whether there are any groups that meet up to knit little hats for Macaws in South America. No joy so far, but I'll keep you posted.

xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
rd500 #2597540 08/13/15 09:09 PM
W
W
Sotto,

I was slammed with travel and work over the past two days. Sorry am late here....I personally wouldn't have said anything about the anniversary. Why bother?

Wanted to comment about "being confused by his actions and words" because you want to be authentic here and tell it as it is to H. When it comes to MLCers, it is important that truth darts be thrown their way as a clarion call to their foggy thought process.

Wonka #2597668 08/14/15 06:42 AM
S
Sotto Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi Wonka, thanks for dropping by; I appreciate the feedback. Yes, I understand what you are saying about the anniversary. I'll remember that next year!

Interesting about the confused about his actions and words. With H I try to be authentic in my own actions and approach, but I don't tend to engage with him WRT his words and actions. I guess I have become 'hands off' there & I presumed engaging may be like trying to reason with an angry rattlesnake. But maybe I'm missing an opportunity for truth darts there?

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

Sotto #2597896 08/14/15 09:23 PM
Z
Z
Like the name change. Will take a while to resettle with all of the switches lately...yours will be one of the easier ones to remember

Last edited by Zephyr; 08/14/15 09:24 PM.

M - 40's
W - 30's
Two Sons
Living together
Zephyr #2598029 08/15/15 07:51 AM
S
Sotto Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Well, I had a nice dinner out with my friend last night and a glass of prosecco. I went to the hairdressers yesterday and instead of having my shoulder length dark hair straight, she curled it into loose ringlets. I put a little sparkly hairslide in and felt quite glam going out last night.

The friend I was with suggested we think of maybe going on a trip together at some point? She suggested a cruise, which is something I'd like to do. I don't know her all that well as we've only been out half a dozen or so times. But if the friendship grows, it might be a plan for next year, and it would be good to have a friend to travel with. It's one of the things I've found tough about being single....no more 'ready made' family trips.

I also came back to an email from the woman I chatted to at the Llama trek. Inviting me to a game of rounders next week....okay, not done that for 30+ years but may give it a try. I'm at the bookstore for a couple of hours this am, then off for a drink with M&D who have an old friend over for lunch.

No further news from the L. We were supposed to exchange financial info yesterday, and I don't know the outcome of that either way. Guess I'll hear more next week. No sign of D papers yet either. Feeling pretty settled and upbeat about things though. After the initial grief, I feel that H actually filing for D is helping shift things in me some more, and starting to bring more of a sense of closure. Actually starting to move on, rather than just moving forward.

Have a great weekend my friends xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

Sotto #2598036 08/15/15 09:14 AM
D
D
Just catching up on the name change.... There are many chapters and names we identify with throughout our lives.

I am so sorry to hear H filed. This is may be an end to a chapter, but your next chapter is going to be even more fantastic and interesting .... It is starting out with llama trekking!

H: 48 Me: 47
Married: 19 yrs T: 20 yrs
2 teen-Ds and S
H-MLC (started 2012) and H-Unemployed (11/2014)
D-Bomb: 2/2015
H left country but hasn't moved out: 7/2015
I filed: 7/2015

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard