Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
V
V
50lbs?

Did you need to loose this weight, it's a lot in 3 months.

It's no wonder your clothes don't fit. That's biggest loser territory.....

In awe.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

D
dwh15 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Vanilla
50lbs?

Did you need to loose this weight, it's a lot in 3 months.

It's no wonder your clothes don't fit. That's biggest loser territory.....

In awe.

V

No, that happened as part of the crippling depression after BD. I don't think I ate anything for about a week or two. Then slowly started regaining appetite but never got back to "normal". Plus, I took up running and am up to around 3 miles/day so that has helped. I'm happy about the loss and am down to lowest in around 20 years but wasn't the healthiest way to do it. Guess that's one of the few positives to this situation. Everyone tells me how great I'm looking. Only wish I felt half as good on the inside.

So I did my run at the Y, and as I was heading home, I passed by a local bar where all the Harley bikers hang out Tuesday night. I know my WW has been there a few times with OM (recall, he's a biker). No idea if she's there tonight but it definitely brought me down. I've wanted so badly to send her a text several times today. None of the kids have heard a word, and I really have no idea what she's doing or where she's at, which is unusual. Just needed to vent. I've got my boys here and I'm happy about that but just get lonely sometimes.

Me 47 W 42
T 24 yrs M 18 yrs
W living with OM
BD1: 3/7/2015 (A with OM#1)
BD2: 4/11/2015 (A with OM#2, W moves out)
WW filed for D, papers received 9/18/2015.
Meeting to determine child custody 9/29/2015.
V
V
Did you need to lose weight? Do you need to lose more?

V

V 64, WAW

D
dwh15 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Vanilla
Did you need to lose weight? Do you need to lose more?

V

I wasn't really that heavy before. I'm 6'1" and was around 245 lb. Now down to around 195 lb. So I'm actually looking pretty slender these days.

Me 47 W 42
T 24 yrs M 18 yrs
W living with OM
C
C
DWH

Great job on the weight loss .. I dropped a bit early on too ... unfortunately some of it has made its way back on ... .pesky pounds I tell ya. If we could just figure out how to market the BD weight loss program we all could retire early I tell ya.

So .. those feelings you are having ... NORMAL. they will vary in cycles and intensity, just own em .. let them flood you ... take a look at your watch and set a time, say 10 minutes, allow yourself to think about them however you would like .. then when the timer goes off ... drop em and move on.

M: 48
W: 47
M16 T26-S8
BD Sept13

D
dwh15 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: CaliGuy
DWH
So .. those feelings you are having ... NORMAL. they will vary in cycles and intensity, just own em .. let them flood you ... take a look at your watch and set a time, say 10 minutes, allow yourself to think about them however you would like .. then when the timer goes off ... drop em and move on.

Thanks for the suggestion. It's a great idea, but don't think I'm quite there yet. Maybe in another 2 or 3 weeks. Being unemployed is sort of a mixed blessing in a sitch like this. It's nice that I can be home for my kids, and I don't have to worry about falling behind on work. But it gives you a LOT of time to sit and think. I had an interview today and it went very well, so optimistic that I may be back in the office soon. Will be good for me to get out, have things to keep my mind busy, and make some new friends.

The only potential drawback to getting a new job is that I know that's going to bring up the money discussion with WW again. She's in a holding pattern for now, but will be expecting help when I have regular income. I'm not sure of best way to handle it. I don't plan on giving her another dime w/o a court order but I need to explain it in a way that doesn't come across as a total A-hole. Open to suggestions.

I may end up having to file for D just to get that piece of it squared away so it's not a constant source of aggravation between us.

Me 47 W 42
T 24 yrs M 18 yrs
W living with OM
S
S
Splurge on some new clothes to show off that weight loss. It's a good incentive to keep the pounds off.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
V
V
And sashay that cute slim body.

Cross the Fin issue if and when. It hasn't happened yet.

V

Last edited by Vanilla; 07/29/15 07:27 PM.

V 64, WAW

D
dwh15 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
So my W just sends a text. First one in 3 days. And guess what it's about? Her exact words:
"I hate to bother u with this. But is there anything new on money situation? I'm struggling"

I already told her before I wasn't giving her any more help w/o a support order. It's like she chose to forget that conversation. Probably things we're buddies again after I helped her last week. Not sure of best way to reply, but I know she won't just let it go.

Me 47 W 42
T 24 yrs M 18 yrs
W living with OM
V
V
Dwh

Maybe I would just say " WW I can empathise I am struggling too"

V

V 64, WAW

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard