Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
P
P
Not much planned for me E. I've got to work for most of tomorrow and then may spend Sunday with some friends out of town. My GAL'ing as of late has been rather pitiful, and I think it's led to my PMA following suit. I know the two make for a vicious cycle so I need to break that this weekend!

Let's hope it's a good one for us both.

M 39 W 36
T5 M3
BD - 1/15 Separated - Same Day
Served 9/15
D finalized 6/17
E
Elly4 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I totally agree! I find myself crawling back into my hole and not GALing as much and then realize that my mood has tanked. It really does take a lot of work not to backslide. It's worth it though!

Enjoy your time with your friends on Sunday!

M 46 / H 43
T 24/M 18
S 4
11/6/2014 ILYBNILWY
1/16/2015 Living in separate bedroom
1/8/2016 H moved out

T
T
Hey Eirinn, I agree with PP...you will rock your new job.

I've been going to workshops and getting stuff ready for my new class of kiddos. It's good to stay busy!

Me44 H47
M22 T28
D23 S17

E
Elly4 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Hi All,

Well, I'm headed off tomorrow for my week workshop, and totally backslid. I'm nervous about spending a week with people I don't know 24/7, even at night as I'll have a roommate. And I snore sometimes. Sigh.

I'm worried about being away from my boy for five days. And I'm worried about what my H will do with my S for those 5 days.

So, tonight, after my S went to bed, I started babbling to my H. I was telling him our S's routine, talking about what I'm going to be packing, listened to him talk about finishing the electrical in the house. thanked him for all the work he does even on his days off, talked about how to finish my closet, talked about buying new clothes for work, followed him into the kitchen to tell him that I was sorry I had let my appearance drop in the last years, and then apologized for babbling...and so on. Gosh, I'm an idiot some nights. I should have gone to my room and called a lifeline.

Oh well...I'll have a small chance in the morning to show him the new me again. Then I'll have five days to reset.

Arghh!!

M 46 / H 43
T 24/M 18
S 4
11/6/2014 ILYBNILWY
1/8/2016 H moved out

S
S
Eirinn, that sounded like a moment when duct tape would have been useful!! Don't worry about it. As you say, tomorrow is another day, and whilst you had a mini-meltdown last night - you can get up and be on your way this morning.

Your H and S will cope just fine and H can call you if he has any queries about routine. Make the most of the workshop, and enjoy the opportunities it brings.

I"m rooting for you! Toots x

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
E
Elly4 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I think part of what set it off was that I went out yesterday for two hours and when I got back had a nice talk with my H about various safe subjects including his trip to Home Depot. Lots of validating and smiles. Then my S got up from his nap and my H told him to tell me what was fun for him while I was gone. My S told me how much fun he had pushing the doorbells at the OW's house and how he got to ride in her car to Home Depot.

Just started me thinking about the week coming up. I did let him know that this was the first time my S has ever ridden in a car that wasn't driven by my H or myself.

M 46 / H 43
T 24/M 18
S 4
11/6/2014 ILYBNILWY
1/8/2016 H moved out

Z
Z
Hey, E think you did some good with your convo With showing appreciation and showing interest in what H is doing. These are both very important. So whole you didba lot of the talking, there was still a two-way discussion...that isn't easy to do with a h always, even in the best of times wink

I am excited for you and your workshop this week. You will do great I'm sure, but beyond that you need this break away, so enjoy your downtime on evenings too!

M - 40's
W - 30's
Two Sons
Living together
S
S
Hi Eirinn, it must be hard hearing stuff like that from your S - ugh. I think the best thing to do is focus on getting on the road and on the way to your workshop serene and intact. In all of your actions, try and show H that you trust him absolutely to take great care of S while you are away. Let go of any potentially 'overprotective' thoughts & impulses. Accept that some of what H does will be 'his' way and not 'yours' and that's okay. Accept that he will make good choices about whose car S gets to drive in and so on.

And when you are away, perhaps limit yourself to a little phone chat a day with S? Be busy with your own stuff and largely let them be. Remember, this is the week you get to have a little time off being 'Mum' and some time to be Eirinn, so make the most of meeting some lovely new people and learning some new stuff. I hope it all goes really well for you! xx

Last edited by Toots; 07/27/15 12:10 PM.

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
E
Elly4 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
So, new screen name as the other I use frequently and with what happened to Matt, I figured I'd be safer this way. I know doesn't take away from people called me by the other name, but it's not visible from the board. And I kept it an E name which is still Irish too. Short for Eileen if anyone is interested. And no, Cadet, it is not even close to my real name or anyone that I know. smile

I saw this poem today and loved it!

The Peace of Wild Things

By Wendell Berry

When despair for the world grows in me

and I wake in the night at the least sound

in fear of what my life and my children’s lives may be,

I go and lie down where the wood drake

rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.

I come into the peace of wild things

who do not tax their lives with forethought

of grief. I come into the presence of still water.

And I feel above me the day-blind stars

waiting with their light. For a time

I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

Where I am this week, is this place. Unbelievable beauty, respite, and peace.

M 46 / H 43
T 24/M 18
S 4
11/6/2014 ILYBNILWY
1/8/2016 H moved out

E
Elly4 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted By: Zephyr
Hey, E think you did some good with your convo With showing appreciation and showing interest in what H is doing. These are both very important. So whole you didba lot of the talking, there was still a two-way discussion...that isn't easy to do with a h always, even in the best of times wink

Zephyr, thank you so much for those words of encouragement. I just have been viewing it negatively, and I DID do some things right. When I apologized for letting myself go, he gave me this strange look and said it wasn't anything to apologize for, but I could see it made him think. It made me feel better, which is the purpose of this anyways. I didn't do it for him per se as much as for me to recognize my areas of weakness.

Thanks again!

*hugs*
E

M 46 / H 43
T 24/M 18
S 4
11/6/2014 ILYBNILWY
1/8/2016 H moved out

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard