Married 14 years
S11 & D6; D20 & D19 from previous M
2BDs/PAs, 8 years apart
Piecing: April 2014
Z
zew Offline
Z
Quote:
I'm very clear on what I want. She's welcome to come along for the ride.

Then start on that path today, and maybe she will. But make no mistake, the sooner the better.

S
S
Originally Posted By: zew
Quote:

Then start on that path today, and maybe she will. But make no mistake, the sooner the better.

Bingo. This ^^^.

I get the sense you're still waiting on her to define your future, NH. It's time to take your life back.

Starsky

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
W
W
Originally Posted By: Starsky309
Originally Posted By: zew
Quote:

Bingo. This ^^^.

I get the sense you're still waiting on her to define your future, NH. It's time to take your life back.

Starsky

Amen...

Amen...

And what is it that you truly want here?? It is still not clear here.

Finally, I still think the best step is for you to move out and get a 1-year lease. Then again, I am not you.

Buddy, 3 months isn't going to change the M. It is only 90 days. Not enough time for the sinking realization to hit W that you're GONE.

S
S
I agree with the last few posts x2! I think you are still looking at your W and wondering if she will make up her mind so you can decide what to do. I think you need to let go of that and just do it. Decide on your path and take it. No reference to your W.

If she wants to catch up she will. And IMHO, she's more likely to want to if you are moving on with your life strongly and full of purpose. I think it may just be a case of losing the fear....the fear of, what if she really wants to X and I didn't see it....

Good luck xx

Last edited by Toots; 07/15/15 06:54 AM.

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
N
NH115 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I think we're in a standoff situation. Each one of us is looking at the other, too afraid to make a mistake, secretly hoping the other one will make a decision for us.

She's even said point blank that she's afraid of screwing up

Ex Rzrback
Me 43 Her 44
D11, D15
T21, M19
BD 9/9/2014
Piecing

Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands - Clint Eastwood

N
NH115 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted By: Toots
I agree with the last few posts x2! I think you are still looking at your W and wondering if she will make up her mind so you can decide what to do. I think you need to let go of that and just do it. Decide on your path and take it. No reference to your W.

If she wants to catch up she will. And IMHO, she's more likely to want to if you are moving on with your life strongly and full of purpose. I think it may just be a case of losing the fear....the fear of, what if she really wants to X and I didn't see it....

Good luck xx

I think you nailed my fear precisely. I keep thinking that if I just hang on a little longer, she's bound to wake up....etc, etc. I know that's not the case, but it's the fear I'm trying to overcome

Ex Rzrback
Me 43 Her 44
D11, D15
T21, M19
BD 9/9/2014
Piecing

Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands - Clint Eastwood

C
C
Originally Posted By: NH115
Originally Posted By: Toots

Good luck xx

I think you nailed my fear precisely. I keep thinking that if I just hang on a little longer, she's bound to wake up....etc, etc. I know that's not the case, but it's the fear I'm trying to overcome

As with many things in DB .. its the opposite of what we think we need to do ... fact is she most likely will not wake up with you hanging on .. my W only woke when I completely let go.

M: 48
W: 47
M16 T26-S8
BD Sept13

N
NH115 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I got it....finally!

It's clarity.

From the beginning of the sitch, W's mantra was that she was seeking clarity....clarity about our M, clarity about the direction of her life in general.

What better way to achieve clarity than to actually experience life post-marriage. Not to actually D (yet), but to see what that life really looks like....

That's the clarity I want. Am I really wanting to fight to save the marriage, or am I just afraid of change?

Ex Rzrback
Me 43 Her 44
D11, D15
T21, M19
BD 9/9/2014
Piecing

S
S
Isn't that what some of us have tried to beat over your head for months?

Yes, you are scared! You have been scared sh'tless since day one, and it continued to get worse. You are so scared to let go that you've actually caused more damage. So, I hope you do have clarity. I am not being sarcastic, I really do hope so.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard