Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
P
Pyrite Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thanks for checking in Bob.

I'll be over your way when I get the chance. Week with the kids this week. From very short contact with W it looks like this is the week I will find out where she stands, through her L. By the end of the week I should have some idea of how many thousands this is all going to cost me, and it caught all be for nothing.

Ohhhhhh - IF ONLY..... What a complete mess we are in.

-Py

M: 6 T: 12
Kids: 2,4
BD: Jan 2015 S: Feb 2015
EA/PA confirmed: Feb2015/Mar2015
S
S
Py, on my really miserable days, I tell myself, this 'mess' will make me better. Though I can't say it always help. :-(

Both 47 M 20 T25 S 18
EA July 11- Jan 12. ILYBNILWY Oct EA April 13 -July 13
Move to work abroad Sept 14
re establish contact with OW while away
D bomb 22/12/14 D filed papers served 17/03/15

N
NDY Offline
N
Py. Thanks to Smothy for bumping this. I got my WW's L letter last week. Laughable, just laughable. But mate. Be warned here. No matter what's in that letter it will feel like a punch in the gut. I already knew what I was going to see and it still felt like a kick in the head. Be ready for it. Perhaps meditate before reading it? I'm going to take this meditation thing up.

Me:43 Her:42
M:14
S:9
EA started 2014/03 (or there abouts)
PA started 2014/05/30
BD:2014/11/05
I left 2015/10/01
I returned 2015/05/02
She left 2015/06/10
OM still on the go.
P
Pyrite Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I certainly recommend it NDY. Not looking forward to letter frown
-Py

P
P
If all you get out of your situation is the ability to understand the power of meditation...it will almost be worth it.

Meditation is life.

Sorry this is coming your way Py. I wish I had better advice for you other than to breathe, and have some fun GAL planned for the next day. Maybe a sleeping pill or two for that night as well.

PP

M 39 W 36
T5 M3
BD - 1/15 Separated - Same Day
Served 9/15
D finalized 6/17
P
Pyrite Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Man, Two days of feeling crappy, angry, betrayed, rejected, sad. Nothing like I have been through earlier, and I can can it, let it ride and then dig my way out. but it keeps coming back! I think this imminent letter has me more worked up than I care to admit to myself.

Thanks NDY. I am expecting the worst. I can't say I'm ready for it

S
S
Take care, Pyrite. We can do this! (((. )))

As you have said, they can't hurt us anymore than they have. :-)

Both 47 M 20 T25 S 18
EA July 11- Jan 12. ILYBNILWY Oct EA April 13 -July 13
Move to work abroad Sept 14
re establish contact with OW while away
D bomb 22/12/14 D filed papers served 17/03/15

N
NDY Offline
N
Originally Posted By: Pyrite
Man, Two days of feeling crappy, angry, betrayed, rejected, sad. Nothing like I have been through earlier, and I can can it, let it ride and then dig my way out. but it keeps coming back! I think this imminent letter has me more worked up than I care to admit to myself.

Thanks NDY. I am expecting the worst. I can't say I'm ready for it

Not really sure thanks is appropriate mate. Is [censored], really [censored]. All I'm saying is no matter how prepared you think you are for that you aren't ready. So yea. Get ready for the gut punch and post here. I did and I got over it quickly.

Me:43 Her:42
M:14
S:9
EA started 2014/03 (or there abouts)
PA started 2014/05/30
BD:2014/11/05
I left 2015/10/01
I returned 2015/05/02
She left 2015/06/10
OM still on the go.
P
Pyrite Offline OP
OP Offline
P
The past is an open book. We just have to learn how to read it.

The past week has been rough. I have been wallowing in sadness and anger. Over everything, but the trigger, or the impetus has been my pain of feeling betrayed and rejected. It goes in circles, and at times I am effectively back at the stage of not being able to accept that my W ended the M. Then I am angry at myself for having backslid to this position after having moved so far past this. I cant help but feeling like my previous “achievements” were not real. They were just episodes of self delusion.

My newfound L advised W of my intention to NOT just bow down and facilitate her new lifestyle and give into her every whimsy at the expense of both the children and myself . She was fuming. She suggested that I was only doing this out of hatred and anger. I rebutted that this was not at all the case. I told her that I forgive her and have personally grown a great deal through this. I told her that I am finding myself and I think I can be me and still love her, but if she can’t be her and love me, then I don’t want that sort of R. So this is our only path. I told her that I understood her ending the M and pursuing A but I felt disrespected by her behaviour since BD.

W responded that she wanted to talk in person. She felt she could comfort me by telling me what was in her mind. I declined, but then I had a spontaneous discussion with my W, and she still had the above in mind. She proceeded to tell me that she was in love with other man and sleeping with him, but even if it wasn’t for OM, freeing herself from M to me was like removing a thorn from her side. This was her comforting speech.

If it wasn’t such ridiculous premise it would’ve been deeply hurtful. It is the sort of inappropriate social interaction that I have come to expect from my W. Hence I am starting to consider the suggestion by others that she in fact has Aspergers.

Anyway, I went off on holiday with my friends for a week and pretty much wrote this comforting speech off as just more spew. Came back, had the kids for a week. Worked for a week, started backsliding and today saw my IC. I commented that I was disappointed at my backsliding in the past several days. She pointed out that it is absolutely possible that I am just now processing what was said few weeks ago. Now that I think about it, I think she is right.

My life changed tracks, again. Just hearing that made it all “forgiveable” again. I haven’t been fooling myself. I have moved forward a great deal. This validated that the pain I was suffering had a real cause. This just highlights for me, and I hope it might help someone to realize this as well. There are so many things we have to keep reminding ourselves of through this process, and one of the big ones is to not be unduly hard on yourself.

Unduly is almost the keyword here. I was being unduly hard on myself. Thinking it was my failure to have backslid into despair, when really it was salt being rubbed into the wound that caused it. Even if there hadn’t been such an event as that comforting discussion, the fact of a R break up doesn’t go away overnight. Situational reminders are enough.

So – take home message – go easy on yourself. Forgive yourself for taking a few steps backwards every now and then. It happens. It is part of the process. The process of grief. Grief for the loss of a loved one. Not from this world as your loved one, but from your love as part of this world.

H
H
Remember 0/50 Py. That was incredibly hurtful of her to say that and it must have tinged when she lashed out. We all went this to end, so a backslide is OK. You'll come back stronger than before. Do it for your kids and yourself. Mr Ukraine will be off when he's got his visa.

M 45 W 52
SD22 S9 D8
BD 6 April 2015
Not living together 4 Dec 2015
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard