Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
S
S
Ral, I'm so very sorry to hear your sad news and send my sincerest condolences to you...

It is lovely that you had such a good relationship with your Dad & that he has been there for you all. You must feel his loss so much.

Take care, toots xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
V
V
My prayers for you and your children in this time of loss

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

F
F
Raliced, so sorry to hear of your recent loss. Your father sounded like an amazing person who cared for his family deeply. I know you may feel like his last year was filling with worry, but I would say look at is as he filled his year bonding with his children and being there for them. I'm sure he took great pride being your rock.

Please take care of yourself, prayers going out to you and your family.

Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be
G
G
Raliced,

I am terribly sorry to hear this. Sending you and your family a hug.

Please know your Dad did what he did because he was a wonderful man who was devoted to his daughter and her children. He did it because he wanted to and that is a loving thing. Be kind to yourself.

Last edited by Georgiabelle; 06/23/15 05:10 PM.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
P
P
My heart completely goes out to you Ral. I'm so sorry for your loss and am saying a prayer for your family as soon as I hit the submit button.

M 39 W 36
T5 M3
BD - 1/15 Separated - Same Day
Served 9/15
D finalized 6/17
S
S
I'm so sorry raliced, your dad must have been a wonderful kind man and I'm sure he would have been glad to have helped you and the girls get through the past year.

Sending you love, take care xxx

Me - 44 Husband - 47
D20, S18
BD - Aug 2013
Moved out - Jan 2014
OW discovered Jan 2014
V
V
You ok rall?

You are in my prayers today.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

M
M
Raliced,

I have read and can believe that we really become an adult when we lose our parents. Much like you, my parents have been my rock in this time of upheaval. Hours on the phone with me, witnessing complete meltdown of their 39 year old son on Skype, helping me with the kids at times. I can't imagine I would how I would have gone through this without them. Like yours, my father has had heart problems. It is constantly on y mind as his operation was already 17 years ago.

I'm affected by the loss of your father so I can imagine that for you it will be a life changing event. Another challenge at a time when you didn't need more. I can understand why you would blame your ex because I would too. I was touched by what Fogg and others have said though: the man you described was probably fulfilled in his role by being there for you. Giving can be more satisfying than receiving. I'm lead to believe that you made your father happy when you turned to him in this time of need. I can't imagine a greater gift that my daughters would give me one day.

I'm sorry for your loss. I look forward to reading how you cope with it.

M39 D6 D3 (at S)
S 2014-09
D 2016-09

"You can't start a fire sitting around, crying over a broken heart" - Bruce Springsteen.
W
W
Ral,

Oh sweetie...I can relate with what you are going through completely. I lost my late father after a year long battle against lung cancer almost 3 years ago. I was ANGRY at losing him and thought my life would s@ck forever. It's okay to be angry, sad, lost, and confused. Give yourself permission to feel those emotions.

(((Ral)))

Last edited by Wonka; 06/29/15 06:41 PM.
R
RAI Offline
R
Ral,

Hope you are doing ok. Just writing to let you know I am thinking of you and praying for you and your family.

RAI

Me 48 XW 45
lots o' kids
D April 2017
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard