Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
#257406 04/14/04 03:29 PM
jstx Offline OP
OP Offline
One of the things I did last week was get everyone on a new cellular family plan. W mentioned it several weeks ago but kept putting it off.

With the move coming up and the kids staying in Texas for school we got phones with a national plan. It's pretty cool, everyone can call everyone else for free.

Anyway, to save money I only got 3 phones since YS has a plan that still has a couple of months to go on it and I'm using his phone. He has one of the new ones.

He gave me his phone and I'm continually getting text messages and calls from his friends even though I give out his new number on the voice mail.

I just got one from his friend telling him that he "should take rachel to prom" I don't know rachel, but I'm considering accepting for YS. What do y'all think?

I checked out the address book and it reads like a girls name book. "Adelien, Allie, Amanda, Amy, Angel...." I counted and there are over 100 different girls names in here.

When I got to the "D"s I found "Dad"...so at least I made the cut.

jstx
#257407 04/14/04 03:30 PM
You can email me at cbeaudry@ridgefieldgroup.com and let me know what your looking for in terms of size, layout, price, commute time, things you like close to home, how close you want to be to everything, etc.

There are some nice areas in the NW part but they get even nicer out west if you don't mind a 20-25 minute commute. I take it that schools are no longer an issue.

Just let me know what you're looking for and I can chip in. Obviously, a realtor is a good idea.

#257408 04/14/04 03:40 PM
jstx Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks. I don't mind the commute. I told the realtor I'd like to keep it under an hour....I'll drop you a line.

jstx
#257409 04/14/04 03:48 PM

Nothing new to say, but glad that you had a meaningful talk with your W. Missouri's a nice place. Can't wait to welcome you to the neighborhood. --z

"A man's character is his fate." -- Heraclitus
#257410 04/14/04 04:30 PM
MAL Offline
No problem Big Guy! I'll keep your thread alive anytime!

Good to see you finally post again. I've missed you. And a good update too?? Wow!!

Glad that you and your W talked some Sounds like some possible baby steps? We'll see. Time and patience are your friend. But I know with the upcoming move, you feel like time is running out, huh?

You're right! At least you were in the phone too!

So are you going to the prom?

Me 47
Ex H 46
Bomb 9/02
D final 3/04
Ex H now married to OW

------------
This is surviving. There is no such thing as a normal life, there's just life. So get on with it and enjoy it!
#257411 04/14/04 07:11 PM
jstx Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, this is just too good. I just got another text message:

"Hey call Amber! (Amber's number) It's about prom alright and u better take her!! From Diana

I'm gonna have so much fun with YS when I get home.....

What can I say? I'm easily amused.

jstx
#257412 04/14/04 07:28 PM
MAL Offline
That boy is a playa!!

I think it's funny too. So I guess we are both easily amused. Maybe we need to get out more???

Me 47
Ex H 46
Bomb 9/02
D final 3/04
Ex H now married to OW

------------
This is surviving. There is no such thing as a normal life, there's just life. So get on with it and enjoy it!
#257413 04/14/04 11:05 PM
Wow prom dates and everything. Could it be that they know YS has a new phone and just want ol' dad to think his son has got it goin' on?

chillywater
#257414 04/15/04 02:30 AM
Yo buddy, I am glad to see that you are doing well with yourself. I am extremely happy for you. Watch them cell minutes!!!

Take care buddy!

WW "I no longer WILL WIN since I HAVE WON!!"
#257415 04/28/04 01:56 PM
jstx Offline OP
OP Offline
Good Morning all!

How's it going Chilly? I'm pretty sure the messages were for YS...besides I don't have a tux...

WW!!! What's up guy? Glad to see you up and around on the bb again. Hope all is well.

Once again, I've been remiss in my posting. Sorry, it's just that I often feel like it's the same thing over and over...

Things here are pretty much the same. W and I talk a lot. She still gets angry but nothing like the screaming that was going on a year ago. We still plan to move together, I'm heading up to St. Louis next week to house hunt. She can't go because she doesn't have enough vacation time and doesn't want to quit her job yet.

I go through periods of wondering where this is going, if she's really worth it, if she's really going to hang around, and I question my resolve quite frequently. But we are both still here and it is improving...although you need a micrometer to measure the progress.

Otherwise things are great. The house is sold. We close in June. I do have to get the house re-shingled...Hail damage.

OS is in Iraq and keeping his head down. Says he works a lot but it's better than being bored...

D and her new boyfriend are OK. She still hasn't dumped him yet, although we did find out that she needs more surgery on her ankle, so she will probably come up to Missouri with us this summer to recuperate instead of staying down in College Station and working.

YS finally got a job. He works at McDonald's and b**ches about it constantly. He's got money but no time to spend it. Welcome to the real world. He ended up going to prom with his old friend S. She's one of the girls that showed up at the house about a year ago...while another girl was here...that was a fun night to watch.

I joked with YS about accepting the prom dates on my cell phone for him. He said. "Yeah, go ahead. It won't bother me, I'll just tell them it was my Dad...he thinks he's a clown...Yeah...I know, he's a real jerk sometimes."

Smarta$$! Got to hand it to him, it was a pretty good comeback. It did cause him to be a little more vigilant about getting his new number out though. I don't get as many calls or text messages for him anymore.

But all in all, things are just moving along. D gets here surgery, YS graduate's and we'll move. And pick this process up in a new location. Maybe it'll be a good thing.

Y'all be good! I'll let you know if I ever have any earth-shattering news.

jstx
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard