Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
B
BEClem Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Another question is finances: how do I handle that going forward. Any change? I can explain how we do things if necessary.

job Offline
BEC,
To respond to your questions:

1. How the heck to I detach? There is a detachment thread out there that I posted a while back. It is lengthy, but it gives you the info you need. Another poster has already posted the link to your thread for you. READ IT! It will help you better understand what to do and not do.

2. What should my goals be? That depends upon you. One of your goals should be a visit to a therapist or someone who can help you work through the anxiety, etc. You can also speak to a priest, minister, etc. who will keep your conversations private. But, again, goals are something that you set and they are as individual as the people who post here. So make a list and we will be happy to review it and provide comments and/or suggestions.

3. How do I measure them? This will most likely be on how well you are able to meet those goals and what you want to achieve when accomplishing those goals. BTW, the goals should really be about you.

4. How do I change the dynamic of my interactions with my W? Okay, now, you've already been given plenty of advice and suggestions about this. Go back and re-read your threads and highlight those suggestions. I, for one, know that I've given you suggestions and so have the other posters. You are going to have time to re-read them when you are at home from work and seeing the kids.

5. I can't avoid interactions because of the kids so how do I completely change them to stop being destructive? Again, we have given you some suggestions. If you keep your conversations to finances and the children, you will be okay...but you have to learn to not discuss the relationship and divorce. Those two things are off the table effective a month ago. Your wife's interactions are not the problem as long as you stay on safe subjects. Again, we all have advised you of this time and again.

6. What about finances? How has that been working for you? If you are comfortable in leaving the finances the way that they are and she is not spending like a blue streak, then there isn't a problem. However, as time goes on, she may very well set up her own separate accounts. If this happens, you will need to then provide money to her for that account.

BEC, you have been given "specific" advice time and again. As I stated, go back and re-read your threads. They are full of valuable and important information that are "golden" to those who are struggling with interactions with crisis people. One thing that I am going to suggest is that instead of providing a knee jerk response to some of her message, you might want to hold off a while before responding. You tend to come out swinging a bit and that's not going to help your situation. Step away, advise her that you want to think about her suggestions and you'll get back to her. There is nothing that says you need to respond right then and there.

You have a lot of homework to review...this homework should help keep your mind busy and also help you this weekend.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2573448 05/30/15 12:26 PM
job Offline
Here are two phrases that I use and you need to remember: "when in doubt, do nothing". Also, "sit quietly, the answers will be revealed to you".

They do work.

job #2573549 05/30/15 06:23 PM
B
B
Originally Posted By: job
BEC,
To respond to your questions:

1. How the heck to I detach? There is a detachment thread out there that I posted a while back. It is lengthy, but it gives you the info you need. Another poster has already posted the link to your thread for you. READ IT! It will help you better understand what to do and not do.
Hey BEC,

I posted job's detachment thread last night. It is very enlightening.

By the way, thank you job for the great job on that! grin

Bob

Me:55 yrs/W:51 yrs (has MS)
M:14 yrs
T:15 yrs
No children together--3 each from previous marriages
Wife Moved Out: 10/19/14
Wife Filed for Divorce: 10/20/14
Divorce Final: 10/21/15
B
BEClem Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thank you everyone.

B
B
You're welcome BEC. Please don't give up on yourself.

Bob

Me:55 yrs/W:51 yrs (has MS)
M:14 yrs
T:15 yrs
No children together--3 each from previous marriages
Wife Moved Out: 10/19/14
Wife Filed for Divorce: 10/20/14
Divorce Final: 10/21/15
B
BEClem Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I won't Bob. Focus of the day was detachment.

Setting up a counselor this week as well.

M
M
Originally Posted By: BEClem
I won't Bob. Focus of the day was detachment.

Setting up a counselor this week as well.

How was day 1 of DBing?
Any updates?

At BD - Me: 33 Her: 33; M: 10 T: 15; D: 6 and 3

BD: 3/25/15
S: 4/20/15
D: 11/9/15
B
BEClem Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Pretty good. I had work at both of my jobs today so I was pretty busy all day.

Read up on detachment. Thought about that a lot today. I read Jobs thread on detachment several times and see so much of my R in that.

No interaction with W except to drop off money between morning and afternoon jobs. I really didn't even say anything to her. Just handed her the money and left.

Still brainstorming GAL: I def have to start playing golf. I'm actually a very good player and love the game and have only played once this year: that is unhealthy.

W
Wet Offline
W
^^^ good work B. Getting your focus on you, and what you enjoy doing is a good thing. Playing golf? I hope all of your chips hit the green!

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard