Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
G
gan Offline
G
I agree with Toots wink

This phrase by you - "Sometimes i do have to question the sense of my decision making though" - is intriguing. What's going on there?

H 37 Me 36
Together 15 years
Married 5 years
No kids
BD Apr 2014
H moved out 2 Jun 2014
D
D
Now I'm the one agreeing with Toots! LOL Sounds like some positive direction and I'm happy for you. Continuing to send positive thoughts and vibes your way, along with lots of tail wags from Molly. Take care of yourself, Jim!

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
J
jim0987 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Its pretty much compulsory to agree with Toots, it might even be one if the forum rules smile

I thought back and its a huge difference from even the start of this thread, though admittedly it has lasted nearly 2 months now. So definitely warmer which has to be good for the kids (not that you'd believe it as D4 has been really upset about the S this week).

In theory I could start exercising probably next week but I'm taking the kids to the med for a holiday in a couple of weeks so probably won't risk anything until I get back.

So out for dinner tonight, shorter work day tomorrow and then have the little ones for the weekend. Not too bad I'd say smile

Quick question for which I'd like your view. my XW is doing a big charity thing at the weekend. She doesn't know I know about it. Do I wish her luck, which is normal but means she will question how I know (her justgiving page emailed my step mum) or just carry on as if I don't know? I feel the latter is best but thought I'd take some expert advice.

Ta

Have a good evening y'all

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
R
R
Hi Jim. sounds like a great weekend ahead. Re the W thing I would say anything because it could find her cause to think you are snooping far from an expert but just my penny's worth.

The slow warming is far better than a quick rush home No expectations but let's see where the next couple of months takes us.

Take care mate. Rd

Last edited by rd500; 05/14/15 04:46 PM.
S
S
Hi Jim, sounds like some nice things are coming up for you. Sorry D4 is having a tough week with things...

I don't see any harm in wishing your W luck. After all, you weren't snooping. Your stepmum mentioned it. You could always say - hey, good luck with the sky dive dressed as a Llama - stepmum mentioned she got an email from Just Giving. Could you sponsor on behalf of the kids maybe?

You may feel that's too much - but I don't see the harm in mentioning it...

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
V
V
Jim

Just checking in. It may be too early to say anything to WW about the event, if it were me then keep things cordial for a long time and avoid any image that says "crazy knowledge of you".

Gently Jim, that is in your nature to be kind and gentle especially with your children. Fill your own life with GAL and pleasure. Small treasures, moments when the sun breaks through, incidentals of all kinds. Keep it simple and sweet.

I am filled with a sense of hope when I think of Jim and his children, when I think of the healing power of laughter and love. Hugs and smiles are there for Jim to take and know. Not in another time but today in small tiny dollops of joy, imperceptible but cleansing to your soul and raising the spirit. For the longest time I have read your posts and wondered if there is much light hidden in your days, now I see the smallest glimmers of light, dawns awakening. You deserve so much more Jim so I ask you to give yourself the gift of time.

V

Last edited by Vanilla; 05/16/15 07:27 AM.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

D
D
Jim,

My 2 cents...I would not say anything to W about the event, but that is the way I am. I don't know if that helps you, but that is simply my opinion. smile

Continuing to send all the positive thoughts and sunny days your way. Keep on keeping on, Jim! smile

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
P
P
Hi Jim,

By my own experience, sometimes silence speaks more then words. Now, action can make someone think about it. If there is a chance you can make some kind of donation, then it would be the gesture that will speak and let her know you care. Not the words that she can try to understand and get the wrong impression.

I did use some excuses to try to make the nice contact happen and it was zero results, it faded as it was said.

Hope that her resentment gets less and less every day. I just think that your WW is still holding a grudge and may not be ready to understand things in a positive way. Jim, the hard part of this journey is to have patience. It's very difficult and even more difficult when you see a little light shinning your way.

keep strong and steady, you are in this war to win it all, not just a battle here and there.

Wishing you all the best.
Pink

Pink17
S22,19 and 16
D:8/5/2015

S
S
Hi Jim - just checking in to see how you're doing? Hope all is well with you at the moment. Do you have the kids for the long weekend? Hope you have nice plans if so...

Take care Jim xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
R
R
Hi Jim How's life at the moment ? Hope all good

Take care. Rd

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard