Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
R
R
Hi Sherman. Just a voice in support. Can you get a restraining order to protect S7. I well up when I read about your W s actions. Stay strong

Take care. Rd

S
OP Offline
S
Quote:
Can you get a restraining order to protect S7.

I've talked with therapists and the lawyer. She hasn't quite done anything that would justify a restraining order. The emotional abuse is difficult to deal with in that fashion.

There would have to be something a little more dramatic unfortunately.

Me: 45 W43
S7, Foster S9 (Planning to adopt post divorce)
D mentioned Feb 2015, Wife served 3/24/2015. She moved out 4/15/2015.
V
V
Have you recorded her rants?

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

G
G
I have a friend who had some crazy custody battles with his baby's momma. His lawyer actually advised him to record any interactions with her when she is hostile. This may be something you need to do to build evidence and a case.

M:34 XW:34
Together: 10y
Living: 9y
Married: 7y
Son:6 Son:4
Separated: 12/28/13
Piecing: 5/2/14
Separated 2nd: 10/16/14
W filed, but pulled it: 11/5/14
papers served: 1/27/15
D final: 3/6/15
S
OP Offline
S
Wonka...
Quote:
Unscathed??! Open your eyes, bud.

The point is to lessen the impact going forward. I fully recognize where things are at.

Quote:
Have you recorded her rants?

and

His lawyer actually advised him to record any interactions with her when she is hostile. This may be something you need to do to build evidence

I have recordings and they'll play a role in the future. There is a plan, it just hasn't been documented here. I'll post about it as it happens.

Today I picked up the police report and I had some info come in from the foster care agency that covers the incident where she was verbally abusive to one of our kids in public (CPS was called). I dropped these off with the lawyer.

So last night, she picked up S7 and took him to her apartment. Same arrangement we had when she was in the house (she gets him Monday/Tuesday). It's all verbal and there's no signed agreement.

He said she had him do homework, gave him a hot-pocket for dinner, and he watched some TV. He did say she didn't talk to him much. The one thing he said that he brought up with her is the new alarm system I put in last week. He's been a little fixated on it and it's odd to me that 7 year old would bring this up as a topic to talk about. Unless he feels safer with it and/or it's his way of warning mom?

On thing she did that surprised me is that she had him home by 8:00 p.m. She normally can't hit a time like that... ever. When she got to the house she didn't say hardly anything. I gave her the mail she had and she gave me some baskets she used to move. She was very curt. So I did make sure to tell her to have a "nice night" in a polite way and closed the door.

Another odd thing... she got a new TV the OM funded (she doesn't have the money at the moment according to her). It's trash day at my house and she brought to box over to throw it away at my place.

One thing that I did have (sorta a 180) is our garage has been the staging area for a lot of home projects (dryawall, saws, etc.) I cleaned it out enough that I can park my truck in it. Mainly to protect it from her doing something (her brother strongly advised it). The garage is something she always complained about, but she'd dump stuff there all the time and then blame me for it being messy.

Last edited by Sherman333; 04/21/15 05:00 PM.

V
V
Sounds like a plan, good for you.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

C
C
Recorder is cya for you. So she can't claim DV. I keep forgetting to tell you what a smart move it was going to the police and giving them a heads up on your situation. That was brilliant.

M:42 W:43
T:14 M:10
S:9 D:5
W filed 12/22/14
EA 12/31/14
PA 4/10/15
D final 5/13/15
S
OP Offline
S
Quote:
I keep forgetting to tell you what a smart move it was going to the police and giving them a heads up on your situation. That was brilliant.

With her first husband, she got him arrested on a domestic. I figured I wanted meet the local PD under calmer circumstances. I also let them listen to some of the recordings.

So far I haven't had to leverage that specifically, but it helps me stay a little calmer knowing about it. smile

Another key thing women sometimes do in this situation where the husband has firearms when there's a domestic call is to exclaim they feel threatened... "THERE'S GUNS IN THE HOUSE'. By taking them out before the "fun" began, I took that card of the table too. By having them in a storage unit and the lawyer has the key... makes it an easy conversation. I can easily justify it to anyone. The STBXW thinks I was trying to screw her out of them.

Oh well.

Last edited by Sherman333; 04/22/15 01:31 AM.

W
W
Sherman,

First H too? Now you...it's obvious that W hasn't learned a dang thing at all. She'll just carry on her old patterns to her 3rd and 4th and possibly 5th marriage.

You cannot get a divorce fast enough. sigh

C
C
Originally Posted By: Sherman333
[quote]
Another key thing women sometimes do in this situation where the husband has firearms when there's a domestic call is to exclaim they feel threatened... "THERE'S GUNS IN THE HOUSE'. By taking them out before the "fun" began, I took that card of the table too. By having them in a storage unit and the lawyer has the key... makes it an easy conversation. I can easily justify it to anyone. The STBXW thinks I was trying to screw her out of them.

Oh well.

Another thing they do is shoot their husbands with the guns. Just sayin.

M:42 W:43
T:14 M:10
S:9 D:5
W filed 12/22/14
EA 12/31/14
PA 4/10/15
D final 5/13/15
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard