Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
VFL Offline OP
OP Offline
V
I have a thread in the newcomers section
thread
It has almost been a year. She told me to sign when I was ready. All summer I wasn't ready, then came holidays. Halloween thanksgiving Christmas. I also had my grandmother pass away in may and my great uncle a few months later.
She didn't understand why I wanted to postpone signing due to that but she said ok.

Well around the beginning of Feb I was served at home. So that put everything in motion, the county we live in requires a parenting class for divorce. We went to that together(not required to go together). A move out day of March 8 was set. So here I am laying in my bed listening to my daughter sleep in the next to last night in my home.

I'm moving all of my stuff except for my bed tomorrow morning so we can spend the rest of the day and all day Sunday just being together. Not positive the wife will be there or not but I think she will be.

Its been almost a year. I'm still in love with her. Please help

Me 38
Her 38
Daughter 7
Married 11 Together 16
BD 3/21/14
Moved out 3/8/15
D final 3/11/15
V
VFL Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Just needing some advice. Do I stay dark other than convos about our daughter? She most recently talked to me about the family Disney vacation in October (the only thing our daughter asked for was to still take family vacations together (we've either gone to Disney or the beach every year). She just told me how much it was doing to be and how much the payments would be. She's making the payments so I'm just paying her. She also had the carpets cleaned today (I moved out Sunday) she said some red stains wouldn't come out. Getting new carpet is too expensive so she asked what I thought about dying it. She said we'd talk about it more when I brought our daughter to her house. I still have access to the house for when she isn't home yet and for days our daughter wants to go there instead also I have to take her there to get ready for ballet practice on Mondays.

So just wondering do I stay dark? I know it's a no no to bring up any relationship talk but just wondering if I call to see how she's doing is a no no at this point

Me 38
Her 38
Daughter 7
Married 11 Together 16
BD 3/21/14
Moved out 3/8/15
D final 3/11/15
V
VFL Offline OP
OP Offline
V
It's final today... But I'm still not giving up. In fact I'm cautiously optimistic. She said in therapy she would have expected to start over in order for us to be together again I just didn't want to get divorced. So let's see where the next chapter in my life leads.

Me 38
Her 38
Daughter 7
Married 11 Together 16
BD 3/21/14
Moved out 3/8/15
D final 3/11/15
V
VFL Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Alrighty then

Me 38
Her 38
Daughter 7
Married 11 Together 16
BD 3/21/14
Moved out 3/8/15
D final 3/11/15
B
B
VFL,
Just wanted to let you know you're not alone. Praying that God works a miracle in your life.

M40 XW35
M11 T15
S9 D5
Bomb 6/3/14
Papers del 10/3/14
D final 12/5/14

I wish I could love you and make you believe it
'Cause that's all you ever wanted
From me

V
VFL Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Thanks.

Me 38
Her 38
Daughter 7
Married 11 Together 16
BD 3/21/14
Moved out 3/8/15
D final 3/11/15
M
M
Wow VFL. Sorry it had to get to this point.

It's amazing that she mentioned the possibility of starting over again.

I'm hoping the W and I can start over again, but like you I hope that we don't have to go through with the D first.

Me:33 W:34
T:13 M:8.5
D mentioned & S 2/13/15
"We can never get back together" 4/2/15
Visited & Mentioned she hasn't filed 4/20/15
"I want to have cats back" 5/4/15
Served D papers 5/8/15
V
VFL Offline OP
OP Offline
V
I hope you don't either. It's excruciating but it makes you realize things you did and how you should've done them differently

Me 38
Her 38
Daughter 7
Married 11 Together 16
BD 3/21/14
Moved out 3/8/15
D final 3/11/15
M
M
Hopefully you don't mind me picking your brain...

First of all, how are you holding up?
I can only imagine how much it hurts to get to this point.

What things are you doing now?
Still working on GAL? What kind of interactions are you having?

What are the next steps you're taking?

Me:33 W:34
T:13 M:8.5
D mentioned & S 2/13/15
"We can never get back together" 4/2/15
Visited & Mentioned she hasn't filed 4/20/15
"I want to have cats back" 5/4/15
Served D papers 5/8/15
V
VFL Offline OP
OP Offline
V
I don't mind at all. Thanks. I'm holding up a lot better than I thought. I thought moving out was going to be the end of me.

Really all I do is work sleep and workout lol sounds sad right? I work midnight shift because my daughter has food allergies and after school program wasnt the best at telling us when they were giving the kids something like ice cream or cake so I could bring in something for her and it was upsetting her. Because of that I work midnight shift 10p-6a.
So I work get home sleep till time to pick her up from school and take her to her mom and workout and then work.
I have new days off starting this week. After 3 years of having Tuesdays and Wednesdays off I'm off Thursdays and Fridays so I'm going out with a few friends tonight that I normally wouldn't see.

Interactions I think you mean my ex and I? We see or talk daily. She has our daughter this week for spring break and has sent me a lot of pictures of our daughter. There's a lot of what id call "optional conversation" from her. She'll say"she did the cutest thing " or sometimes she'll still talk to me about her day eventhough I used to hate that because it's usually negative but since this whole thing started I've realized she's just venting.
Were going on a family vacation to Disney world in October. Just the 3 of us. So I'm looking forward to that already.

I'm unsure of what my next steps should be. I feel like I should keep doing what I'm doing. Definitely no mention about the relationship because that is gone but that's a good thing. In therapy she said if we were to get back together we would have to start completely over.

Me 38
Her 38
Daughter 7
Married 11 Together 16
BD 3/21/14
Moved out 3/8/15
D final 3/11/15
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard