Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
M
M
Originally Posted By: Maybell
I need a man like a fish needs a bicycle. wink

Apologies to Old Dog, Mozza, Card, Zues, and any other few fellas who follow me. I'm sure you guys are the bomb. I'm just feeling sufficient at the moment.

You've DB'ed enough to know that this is very attractive!

M39 D6 D3 (at S)
S 2014-09
D 2016-09

"You can't start a fire sitting around, crying over a broken heart" - Bruce Springsteen.
Z
Z
I'm actually a bit threatened by it...but that's only because I need to feel more sufficient myself. I actually meant this as a joke at first, but I do think there's some truth to the fact that I doubt a woman that was ever self sufficient would ever want to tie with me. All I can see about myself sometimes is the baggage and problems I bring, Mr. Bond asked me what I could bring to a M and I couldn't really answer. If loyalty, love, companionship, and demonstration those values to the best of my ability doesn't compensate for the negatives I'm at a loss. So I DO have a ways to go, but that's ok. I've got the gift of time.

So thanks for thinking of us Maybell, and glad you're doing well tonight!

Me:38 XW:38
T:11 years M:8 years
Kids: S14, D11, D7
BD/Move out day: 6/17/14, D final Dec 15
MB,

This was such a fabulous Towanda post, and the most serene one from you in quite awhile. I'm so glad for you! It sounds like a peaceful life. I'll now you nailed it when you are able to stop feeling bad about what your WAH is missing. Enjoy YOUR present with them. And their presence with you.

I am still laughing about the fish and bicycle comment. That's a keeper, and I might have to steal it for myself. grin

Hope there is less detergent in your life soon.

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
M
Maybell Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Betsey, that's a Gloria Steinem quote!!

Have a wonderful Friday. :))

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
L
L
You should let that woman out more often. smile

When we get to the I Am Enough! realization, it can never be taken away. We might occasionally stumble but we'll strive to get back to that place, that freedom.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
W
W
TOWANDA!!! grin

Now let's focus on getting to the indifference stage, baby.

M
Maybell Offline OP
OP Offline
M
We're meeting this afternoon to talk about listing the house and managing our co-parenting relationship more effectively. If anyone has suggestions for moving towards indifference in light of that agenda, I'm all ears.

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
G
G
Oh gosh. Love the fish and bicycle comment, MB.

My 2 cents on coparenting...the reality is that your h will parent the way he does and quite frankly, it will fall on you primarily. That may evolve over time, however, it will be interesting to see his take. I know that my xh has actually stated a number of times that he moved out *so that he could much more away time from the kids.* That's his decision. His loss.

However, as you know, you will want to have some semblance of a life. I know you have a sitter, and don't be afraid to ask him to take them while he's in town. They ARE his kids too.

You are getting to indifference. Hang in there!

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
L
L
Don't take it personally.

Yes, it's hard but he's operating from his unhealthy place. Don't expect healthy to suddenly emerge like Venus rising from the sea.

Know your boundaries and stick with them.

You've go this.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
Gloria Steinem indeed. And it looks like a little Helen Reddy thrown in for good measure. Wait... is this a 70s revival thread?

One of my thoughts about the parenting discussion is to highlight on the things you can both do to keep some consistency across both households. I'm pretty sure that that limits the topics up for discussion. wink But you might garner some cooperation in the electronics and a few more of your choosing. Go small, MB. Build on successes.

Happy Friday....

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard