Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
P
P
vge1
your sitch is very, very challenging to say the least & am sorry to read of such (also with the insensitivity of the mlc-er compounding issue -> time 4 YOU!).

I do hope that you get the support systems to help you navigate at this time.

I remember reading about Louise Hay years ago - who went through a divorce only to learn of cancer not long after. She changed *diet & lifestyle and is alive and well today! There are many advances in medicine today - keep viligent and try somehow (?) to keep toxic elements at bay - the trick being to outlast the toxins ... to have frequent endophin/good hormone etc activity vs frequent corisol, 'other stress' hormone activity, all this in an effort to increase the odds in your favor and aid healing. There are many, many others like Louise Hay! smile

I hope my tone isn't offensve as electronic mediums do not always 'translate' well (condsending, patronizing or parent like??? frown NOT MY INTENT!)

It's just that when I came across your post yesterday, I wanted you to know that you will be thought of when you start treatment, and like many others on the board, I too sincerely lend my support & prayers to you. Take care, p.

pbetra
----
M: 15 yrs (in 2014)
BD: 6/03/2014
Infidelity ('known' from July 2014)
Denied PA Feb 2015
2 leave Mar 2015 (left early Summer). Some contact.
Back briefly 2017 (after family death)
Separated 2017

H
H
I too wanted to chime in on sending your peacful vibes of hope, healing and peace.

I have had many experiences with loved ones ensuring and beating cancer. You just stay strong and take it 1 day at a time.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing. Do you know how many supporters you have on this site?

Was made a better person by DB'ers
W
W
VGE,

I am so sorry to hear of your latest challenge. My late father passed away with lung cancer so I can relate from the perspective of a caregiver.

Also wanted to piggyback what pbetra said about diet. Last year, I read somewhere in a news article, there was a story where the Marchioness of Worcester firmly believed that by changing her diet to alkaline foods, her cancer (I can't remember which type) pretty much totally disappeared.

Strength and grace to you as you face this new challenge head on, my dear.

K
kml Offline
K
Also -
- if this is a relapse of a previously treated cancer, or if the statistics on the treatments they are offering you aren't good - look for a clinical trial of one of the new drugs. Google "CAR T-cell cancer" and you will find the NCI page on this exciting new treatment. Initially it was tested on blood cancers but I believe there are now trials setting up for solid tumors as well.

- cannabis oil actually does have some valid laboratory research supporting its anti-cancer effects - this may be a beneficial adjunct to treatment.

- visualization, meditation, a diet low in sugars and rich in antioxidants.

- google low dose naltrexone and cancer, especially the work of Dr. Berkson with alpha lipoic acid and LDN

K
kml Offline
K
Oh - and check your vitamin D levels, look at grassrootshealth dot org website for more information on vitamin D levels and cancer risk (based on the wonderful work of one of my professors from the 80's)

V
vge1 Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Thank you all for your loving words, thoughts and prayers. They are so encouraging. I know we all have our challenges and pray for each one of you.

In 2013 I found a lump - breast cancer. It was also in 3 lymph nodes making it Stage IIIC. Practically stage IV. So I had a double mastectomy with a D-FLAP (reconstruction using my own tissue). I was highly encouraged to do the chemo, radiation and hormone therapy route and I said no. Now it's stage IV.

I went "holistic". I just really didn't want to do all of the conventional treatments. I did make a friend who was almost like me and did the conventional route and practically two yrs later she also has stage IV. So though we tried different paths and we both came to the same place. Hmmm?

I practically became complete vegan, using a ton of supplements, and juicing lots of veggies.
It worked for this entire time until my H left.

Anyway, I will be continue as much integrative medicine along with conventional medicine. I still follow prayer, focused healing meditations, green tea, juicing veggies, alkaline diet, alkaline water, supplement regiments (name the supplement - I have it), yoga, acupuncture, running, and I belong to a great support group. I know the more I stress the more the cancer will grow.

I will have my mom stay with me during the treatment time to see how I do. Meantime, my two older children will be getting their driver's license soon to help with transporting themselves and their siblings to church, sports practice, etc. It'll help a lot.

My friends have already signed up to help feed my family on a schedule and there are some organizations that help with a maid service for those undergoing treatment. So I do have help.

I am learning to let go of H and all the other mess. It's hard to see the pain in my children's eyes.

Everyday, I have to consciously examine my words, thoughts and actions so that I can be there for my children. I am learning to share experiences with them. Nothing fancy just being there while they share their thoughts and feelings. Watching them play outside. We enjoy the outdoors. Like I said earlier - I don't want to die yet.

I gotta be here and I pray the Lord wills it for my children and for me.

I know that God is the ultimate HEALER and God is good---all the time!! Keep y'all posted. Thanks again for your beautiful thoughts and prayers. Praying for wisdom, discernment, protection, healing and mercy.

In His Love
VGE1

Romans 8:28

P
P
Originally Posted By: vge1
I practically became complete vegan, using a ton of supplements, and juicing lots of veggies.
It worked for this entire time until my H left.

Anyway, I will be continue as much integrative medicine along with conventional medicine. I still follow prayer, focused healing meditations, green tea, juicing veggies, alkaline diet, alkaline water, supplement regiments (name the supplement - I have it), yoga, acupuncture, running, and I belong to a great support group. I know the more I stress the more the cancer will grow.

vge1 - It's GREAT to hear from you! You're an inspiration to me - Love your words ...

Love reading of your diet too!
Our food is so unhealthy (did you read that the rubber used found in yoga mats also found in bread (!! ) at many fast food places? melomine in (powdered) milk? also that humans bodies take longer to decompose b/c of the amt. of preservatives in our food! shocked ) watch out for the combo of 'glucose-fructose' as well - we can't metabolize that either! I use tumeric as that is good for inflammation (but from what you said, I think u knew that!)

I grow some of my own food now - b/c gardening is therapeutic, 'meditative' 4 me. I now have a growing, healthy eco-system of wild
life to enjoy while sipping on tea. I have been learning more & more about diet over the last few years & getting more & more horrified frown LOL re: what these companies do for their "bottomline." (we all know that they don't eat what they sell!)

Quote:
I will have my mom stay with me during the treatment time to see how I do. Meantime, my two older children will be getting their driver's license soon to help with transporting themselves and their siblings to church, sports practice, etc. It'll help a lot.

My friends have already signed up to help feed my family on a schedule and there are some organizations that help with a maid service for those undergoing treatment. So I do have help.

I am learning to let go of H and all the other mess. It's hard to see the pain in my children's eyes.

This I was concerned about - much needed help & support! That's wonderful as there's magic in that!!

... Which leaves the last 'item' -
Re: your post, the bold/col. type above. You obviously have the diet covered & help & support is developing nicely.

Stress is playing a big role. It is a common culprit.

I personally believe in the 'body pharmacy' concept - in that if your body 'came up' with the problem (due to undesirable *conditions (below) which resulted in the secretion of chemicals, hormones, electrolytes etc in unbalanced ratios relative to each other, it can 'undo' (!) those problems under the right conditions & correct itself! Science is revealing more & more how adaptable we re: body & mind! I really believe this - in other words, if we 'fail', it's b/c the conditions that were not met 2 undo the damage - but the possibilty for positive outcome was highly likely - ALWAYS!
re: conditions - *diet, lifestyle, stress, environment, pollutants, toxic people & experiences etc.

I find myself 'wearing a serious expression' as I go about my daily list full of things 2 do. It is early now & I have to end to start soon b 4 everyone gets up.

I have begun to b mindful - telling myself to smile whenever (!!) I remember (as I get so 'immersed in daily duties')Remember to laugh v laugh (whenever you think you can - I cannot know how u feel or will feel). Laughter creates a host of happy chemicals - & those WE NEED MORE OF (!!), 'swimming' about in the blood, in every cell - be it red or white! Those chemicals we need to get transported to brain, ligaments, muscles and other tissues - heck the entire body!

Sending continued prayers & positve thoughts 'teleported' TO YOU vge1 via the internet!
smile p.

Last edited by pbetra; 03/14/15 09:18 AM.

pbetra
----
M: 15 yrs (in 2014)
BD: 6/03/2014
Infidelity ('known' from July 2014)
Denied PA Feb 2015
2 leave Mar 2015 (left early Summer). Some contact.
Back briefly 2017 (after family death)
Separated 2017

K
kml Offline
K
Is the cancer HER2+?

That grassrootshealth website I mentioned was started by a breast cancer survivor, vitamin D is hugely important.

Go to cancerreasearch.org and look at the cancer Immunotherapy page for breast cancer, discusses available clinical trials.

Last edited by kml; 03/14/15 03:02 PM.
V
vge1 Offline OP
OP Offline
V
The cancer is estrogen progesterone positive and her2-. And i already take 5000iu of vit d daily plus it's Spring time and i try to get outside to get natural vit D.

My mind and heart still hurt. Some days are better than others. I've read a few stories- one said a guy had some kind of cancer and analyzed his life. So he quit his job, divorced his wife and pretty soon the cancer was gone. No responsibilities=no stress. Easy right like our WAS's. But the wife he left was fit, healthy, athletic but once he left her ... Her health worsened and she got cancer and died....STRESS!

Of course, i don't have all the details but the idea is our emotional and mental well being affect our physical health. I get it.

How do i stop stressing? Every time my children come back from their visits , they keep saying how much they don't want to be with him...stress! I'm heartbroken.

Today, he asked them to go to a different Catholic church then lunch with the OW and her kids. My children said no. Especially my oldest child who told my H that the younger children have a lot to process and this is not a good time.
My H responded that he doesn't know what kind of timeline they're on but that they eventually have to deal with it.....STRESS!
My children are really trying. I'm really trying. I can't run away or avoid facing this guy.
Ugh!!!
How do y'all do it?!

BTW-pbetra...glad you're reading up on nutrition. It's amazing that we're all alive. Chemicals abound. Anyway, because of what I've researched, our home has changed a lot. No chemicals, from cleaners, to toothpaste, deodorant, soaps, etc. Still learning. But i appreciate the affirmation.

Focusing on reducing stress.

In His love

Vge1

Romans 8:28

Vge1- I am so sorry to hear about your health issues. I must say though that you sound full of clarity and purpose. I mean Vge right now you are in warrior mode. You sound fierce and determined - you sound like someone on a mission. Good for you!

I know your faith is a shield. Use it and don't concern yourself with H. Let God handle H. You take care of yourself. God is with you too. He can handle all your worries. Trust in him. You are not alone.

M:25 years at BD w/ 2 daughters
BD: 5/14
Separated 6/14 - H moved cross country w/OW
D Final 9/17

“I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.”
― Maya Angelou

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard