Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
B
B
So first of all to my Canadian friends on the boards - you guys must have a boat load of money because I received an email this week from the Canada Revenue Agency. The subject line was "Notice of Tax Return 2014" Apparently I have a return of CAD 795$ just waiting for me to send in this little form for. Now mind you I've never worked in your country; never even worked for a Canadian company; and haven't actually visited there in about 13 years - but Oh Canada wants to grease my palms with $795 big ones! I truly am feeling the love! smirk

Everything else is going pretty well. I'm home today due to the latest, and hopefully the last, winter snowstorm. It is actually a very pretty snowfall - nice big and fluffy flakes. However I am really ready for warm weather and also glad I'm not a Bostonian this year. REALLY feel bad for the Northeasterners as they have gotten really slammed.

Had a nice week with the GF. Her kids have actually warmed up really well to the idea of moving in. Next step is for me to talk to mine next week when D18 is home on Spring Break. I don't expect any real heartburn from my two. In fact my D16 was disappointed I didn't get pop the question over the holidays or at the very least on Valentines Day. grin They both thoroughly enjoy it when GF is staying here and also like her kids. I feel really lucky that they are so welcoming to them. It doesn't hurt that GF is the most appreciate and easy going person I have been around in - well ever.

So that's about it on this end - oh, one more thing - I bought a ring... whistle

BA

K
K
Aww!! So clever of you to not have done anythingat an "expected time". Congratulations early, you all deserve so much happiness.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
W
BA,

Originally Posted By: BeginningAgain

So that's about it on this end - oh, one more thing - I bought a ring... whistle

You have the right idea here...forget the glass slipper! Going for the real thing...an actual ring. Cannot wait to read about the next installment of your BA Chronicles. laugh

W
W
Does the word SCAM mean anything to you BA? Sounds like it to me.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
S
S
Yep - this Canuck thinks its some kind of Scam. But if you it's real and you don't want it…

You bought a RING!!!!

Now I have to sit back and wait…

Keep us posted!

Barb

B
B
Yes I know it's a scam, I just thought it was a bit weird seeing I'm not a Canadian citizen and the fact that in the course of the last couple of weeks I've gotten scamming emails from people pretending to be the US IRS and the Canada Revenue Agency. I must be on someone's popular gullible list!

As for the ring, well it's a beauty if I do say so myself. It has a 1 carat heart shaped center diamond with two Ruby and two diamond side stones. GF saw almost the exact same ring about 3 months ago when we were out walking around and commented how much she liked that style - I'm a good listener! grin I was able to pick out the center diamond and had it placed into the setting.

No set date yet as to when I will present it to her. I still need to have a conversation with my kids about the whole moving in stuff and I'd like to talk to her kids as well to get their blessing. It could be as early as two weeks from now or sometime in April.

I have the proposal strategy worked out pretty much. I have to say that in the "old days" it was much easier - now there is all this pressure to make the proposal some grand and unique event - I mean have you seen some of the flash mob and dance production proposals on you tube! crazy

So this is what I have come up with. There is a winery that is a favorite of ours that I'd like to do it at. I went on line and created an "Our Story So Far" book that has pictures of our families in it, pictures of the two of us and the places we've gone to, talks about the values and priorities in life that we share. On the second to the last page is just her full name and then when you turn it to the last page is a picture of the ring with the words "Will you marry me." As we are both looking at the book once she gets to the last page I will be down on one knee with the ring in hand. I'm going to ask some good friends of ours to join us for the "wine tasting trip" so that they can be at the ready to snap a couple of pictures of the proposal for us. It would be great if it comes as much of a surprise to her as possible - and of course it will help if she does say yes!

I'll let you know of course once the deed is done.

Happy Friday everyone! It is friggin cold outside!

BA

W
W
hey BA, in Hong Kong you'd wait ten years until you had a $100,000 to do the wedding right lol! They also have a McDonald's that is reserved just for weddings...I kid you not. I love the idea of "Our Story So Far"...very sweet!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
OP Offline
BA-You're just too adorable for words. What a romantic!

I'll keep watching this movie with my popcorn and soda. It's worth the ticket. grin

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
S
S
LOVE your proposal plan! It's perfect! You ARE a romantic guy & she's a lucky girl!

Barb

B
B
Thanks Wii, Bets and Barb! I'm totally guilty of being a hopeless romantic! In that past it didn't always serve me well because I was connected to someone who thought purely from a logical, unemotional standpoint and did not appreciate romantic gestures. Fortunately, GF is a complete 180 from that! I'm looking forward to making this a very special event for both of us, but especially her as she really does deserve it!

Oh and Wii - the $100,000 is definitely out of he question, but that McDonald's idea seems interesting...NOT! grin

BA

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard