Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
S
S
Just tryin' to help keep you on track, baby. wink

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
S
susana4 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Starsky309
Just tryin' to help keep you on track, baby. wink

Thanks, I appreciate you keeping me on the right track! wink

Tonight, I have a call with my DB coach, which I'll make from a coffee shop. Told H I was going out tonight. I am getting all dolled up and doing my hair and makeup before heading out, might as well keep the mystery eh? Lol. Plus I know dressing up will boost my confidence even if I'm just going to a coffee shop to make a phone call! grin

Me 28 / H 28
M 1 / T 2.5
BOMB 12-3-14 "I don't feel like myself any more"
Still living together, separate rooms.
S
S
Ha -- I love it! In all my years on here, you've gotta be the first person I've seen combining the "look good/smell good, go out and GAL be-mysterious" thing with a DB COACHING SESSION!!! Hahahahah . . . that's classic. laugh laugh whistle

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
Z
Z
^ wink

You're formidable, Susanna, I wouldn't want to be trying to break up with you, that's for sure.

Mid 30's
Psych-abusive M with violent tantrums from XH
D 9/15; NC forever on

You can't DR your way out of abuse.

S
susana4 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Starsky - I'm probably the only weirdo who's ever gone into a DB call with full hair and makeup and heels. Lol! I'm definitely the most dressed up person in Starbucks. wink

Zelda - Lol, good thing you're not then! wink

H won't know what hit 'im when I go back. I'll head back in a minute because H is making me dinner apparently (he offered this a.m.) and I'm getting hungry.

Made a bit of a night of it and got myself a nice drink and spent some time before and after the call reading a magazine. smile

Just wanted to jot down a few notes from my DB coach call (unfortunately the connection was terrible and kept breaking up. Will not call from this Starbucks again. Noted.)

-It's important to have solid separate lives and feel fulfilled by other relationships outside our M, which is what we're building now, but down the road we might spend more time together because that's also important to an M
-It would be good to do some more things together now, since we've spent a lot of time apart lately (believe Wonka said the same!)
-DB coach and I made a list of activities to potentially suggest, including some free and cheap stuff
-Share stuff I'm interested in doing and try to pique his interest (for example a lecture I'm thinking of attending he might be interested in)
-I would like him to suggest an activity (outside the house, not something like last night making dinner together, although that was also nice) - coach said not to be discouraged if this doesn't happen because sometimes in couples, there is one partner (often W) who takes more charge of planning dates/activities. She said to focus more on signs of improvement in behaviour and she said there are plenty of those.

I tried to ask my coach the following question but the line completely broke up so I turn it over to the forum if anyone has any thoughts:

I think H wanted to go to the pizza place next week because he's blown his budget for this week and wants to save for his trip. So that leaves me with - do I suggest something free/cheap (or even just to make a nice meal - there's a dish I was planning to do some point this week anyway - and grab some beer/wine) tomorrow or Wednesday? Or should I leave it because I've already suggested an activity for next week.

Alright, just going to fix my makeup and put on some more lipstick before I leave Starbucks and go home. Ha!

Me 28 / H 28
M 1 / T 2.5
S
S
If it were me, I'd grab a couple of bottles of my favorite cheapie wines, some fresh tomato pizza sauce, fresh mozz for shreddin', maybe some fresh basil and some other favorite ingredients and have a little wine-drinking, pizza-making party?

But then again, I NEVER need an excuse to drink wine, OR to make homemade pizza!

cool

Starsky

S
susana4 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Making pizzas...duh!! I can't believe I didn't think of that. I don't need an excuse for cheapie wine and pizza making either! wink

Thanks!!

Me 28 / H 28
M 1 / T 2.5
S
S
And if you're either not into, or don't have time for, making fresh dough from scratch, there are a lot of good alternatives out there now. My local grocery store here (Publix) has their own fresh dough in their bakery fridge you can buy, and you just have to let it warm up for a couple of hours before spreading out. Pillsbury makes a tubed one in the refrigerated case near their rolls and croissants tubes, too. Or they sell shelf-stable (room temp) ready-made crusts near their deli. The Mama Mary's brand are pretty good, too -- I just spread a little EVOO on 'em with a pastry brush before adding my sauce (again, you can get decent canned -- the Dei Fratelli is EXCELLENT) and favorite toppings.

I never skimp on the fresh basil and the fresh motz though! laugh

Starsky

Last edited by Starsky309; 03/02/15 10:12 PM.

T
T
Publix is THE BEST!

Another thought -- we have bought dough from a local pizza place.

My parents owned an Italian restaurant/pizzeria for over 20 years so we are a little spoiled.

M 31 H 34
S 6 S 9
BD 2/14 Piecing 8/14
S
S
Why would a local pizza place sell you dough? Isn't that kind of competing with getting you to go there?

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard