Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
RAI #2543814 03/02/15 06:51 PM
S
S
The entire "Best of the Guess Who" is great, esp. "Side 1" (yeah, albums -- remember those?) "Undun," "These Eyes," "Laughing," "American Woman," etc.

"Star Baby" is a great -- and lesser-known -- Guess Who song that's really good.

"I'm Scared" is a great cut off his same (first) solo album that featured "Stand Tall." The "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet" duet with his old Guess Who bandmate, Randy Bachman (who had a HUGE hit with the song when he was with BTO) is cool. His second solo album was okay, but nothing great.

Starsky

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
R
RAI Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Heh! Makes me want to go out and buy an album. Don't even know if record stores exist any more. Do they?

I saw a live version of "I'm scared" this morning, just after "Stand Tall" on the playlist, where he says in the intro that the best songs come from personal experience. He is making a believer out of me. quickly. Will look up the rest of it, especially the lesser known stuff.

RAI

Me 48 XW 45
lots o' kids
D April 2017
RAI #2543819 03/02/15 07:18 PM
S
S
Cool. Pretty interesting article about the break-up between Cummings and Bachman can be read here .

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
R
RAI Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Funny how we never think about the relationships behind the music. Had Bachman not made it known in his memoir, we would not have heard about it. I suppose it is a running theme that in every relationship, there is a hidden undercurrent that is not observable on the outside...unless, of course, someone publishes their memoirs. I would be curious to hear Cummings' POV.

RAI #2543827 03/02/15 07:42 PM
S
S
Yeah, me too.

R
RAI Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I don't know if you were a fan of the Police, but they were known for their inability to get along leading to their breakup after a mere six albums. Shame.

Me 48 XW 45
lots o' kids
D April 2017
RAI #2543833 03/02/15 08:13 PM
R
RAI Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Just finished listening to Side 1 of Guess who greatest hits. Really great tunes. All received heavy play in their day. Never heard them one after the other like that. funny.

Me 48 XW 45
lots o' kids
D April 2017
RAI #2546946 03/12/15 02:00 PM
R
RAI Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Having a rough morning. I should probably not be here right now because I am totally backlogged at work - but that is part of the problem. I will be as brief as possible.

My ability to handle typical work circumstances/stressors was never that great. Now, when I am overwhelmed at work - still digging out from being on service, the stress is compounded by the fact that I no longer have a partner on whom to lean - perhaps G-d is telling me that I was co-dependent. My stress is also worsened because I can't seem to focus. So much of my time is spent looking inward (pathetic, I know) and perseverating on how my life and relationship took a turn for the worse.

My next mediation meeting is next week. I feel totally unprepared and I don't even have a clue how to prepare. Any suggestions would be appreciated. PLEAAAASE!!! If any knows of any resources, guides for how to "win" at mediation, please let me know.

My S12s bar-mitzvah is coming up in less than two months and I have to work with my estranged W to plan it. Even though we want a very modest event, we are inviting a lot of out of town guests, making it more complicated. I do not want to even see her, let alone work with her. I feel like she is not doing her share of things, but perhaps this is my bias and I need to see it that way.

My only sanity-sparing GAL activity was marred this week: my early 6AM learning partner wants to dump me, or seriously curtail our learning hours because of my tardiness and many no-shows. I am hurt.

Tax season is upon us and I took responsability for filing this year. Usually she would do it, but I am trying to stand on my own. I have not been able to work on it because of all the other things. I feel like W is waiting for me to screw up so she can have the satisfaction of knowing that I need her. Do I need her? Do I need a partner in life. I think I do.

I have not been to the gym in weeks because I am running in circles trying to catch up on work, see my kids, work on the Bar-Mitzvah. So I am not even allowing myself that luxury.

To top it off, this AM, my W left me a note stating "Can you please bring garbage bin to curb. Thank you." She is home all day. Not sure why she is asking me. I Feel like telling her to do it herself, but I did it anyway.

I feel like I am circling the drain.

RAI

Me 48 XW 45
lots o' kids
D April 2017
RAI #2547012 03/12/15 04:11 PM
R
R
Originally Posted By: RAI

My next mediation meeting is next week. I feel totally unprepared and I don't even have a clue how to prepare. Any suggestions would be appreciated. PLEAAAASE!!! If any knows of any resources, guides for how to "win" at mediation, please let me know.

RAI

'
RAI - In my state each party can retain their own lawyer even when they are in mediation. If you are anxious about how to prepare - I would definitely seek this out. The problem with giving advice on these matters is that state law varies so widely. I could tell you my experiences in California (and we didn't end up going to mediation) but that might mean very little in another state.

Did the mediator tell you what to prepare or what would be discussed at this next meeting?

2 Ds: 7 and 4
BD and Sep: 7/14
Divorce Final 2/16
R
RAI Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks for the advice Raliced. At the first session I was not ready to let go or discuss much. I think that for my own sanity I am ready to get this process started. I did not yet speak to my L about it and I was not told what would be discussed at the session. Should I call the mediator? I don't know if my W has been in touch with the mediator.

RAI

Me 48 XW 45
lots o' kids
D April 2017
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard